Initial Bracket Thoughts.

My thoughts now are this:

The Midwest is the toughest of the 4 regions.
The South might have the most upsets.
Whoever designed the East region bracket is a Kentucky fan.
There wont be a "big game" in the West region until Cuse plays K-State.

Other than that; like an earlier poster said, this thing can be won by a plethora of teams. Streaking teams that are peaking late look dangerous, but the front of the shirt may keep me from taking too many risks. I honestly can say, Ive looked at a few times now, and still cant put anything down in pencil, let alone pen.

louisville could give duke a run.

I'm torn on that one. I've got Duke going to the final 4 if they win that one. Part of me wants to believe that Duke can't handle's UL's pressure. But then I really can't see Louisville making it to the sweet 16.

I'm torn on that one. I've got Duke going to the final 4 if they win that one. Part of me wants to believe that Duke can't handle's UL's pressure. But then I really can't see Louisville making it to the sweet 16.

i could see them win a game or two. they aren't very consistant though.

i think my golden bears will have serious trouble with their length at guard and their pressure D. on the other hand if they play perimeter D like they did against marquette cal might win by double digits.

i could see them win a game or two. they aren't very consistant though.

i think my golden bears will have serious trouble with their length at guard and their pressure D. on the other hand if they play perimeter D like they did against marquette cal might win by double digits.

The only thing is if UL beats Duke then I really can't see either Purdue or A&M beating them, but there's no way in hell I'm about to put them in the elite 8.

Im sold on Seina but if I take a loss on that one, Im cool with it. That wouldnt effect the rest of that region for me.

Im sold on Seina but if I take a loss on that one, Im cool with it. That wouldnt effect the rest of that region for me.

True. There's just no sure fire in that region at all. I would have never predicted any of the teams from that region to make the final 4.

Well, like I said earlier, the South might be the weakest, but it might have the most upsets. I mean, Baylor should be put on notice. Nova might have issues. aTm is aTm. The Louisville/ Cal game could be tough to pick. Its just difficult.

I can sit here and see 4 teams that could win the South, and 3 of them wouldnt have made it out of the second round if you would have asked me 20 games ago. The matchups are basically daring you to take a risk against all that which you've seen in the last decade of college basketball. (Concerning the teams in the South region, of course)

I don't know how WVA or Ohio State didn't get a #1 seed over Duke.....what the hell are they thinking?

I may not agree with it but I can at least understand the argument that Duke gets a #1 seed. What I can't understand is how neither West Va nor Ohio State gets the #2 seed in Duke's backet.

I love to see people on here saying that they put tennessee away from Duke cause they were scared tennessee would be duke. Lets be honest guys, tennessee plays wild erratic basketball, and lacks a go to scorer. Yes they have quality wins but have very questionable losses as well. Duke deserved the one seed and may have gotten hooked up with an easier bracket, but tennessee could not compete with Duke. They are too structured and have 3 reliable scorers and are bigger than us at every position, defend better, score better, and rebound better, all while having fewer turnovers. No question they are one of the top teams in the nation, did you see them beat Gonzaga by almost 40, yet everyone says syracuse got screwed having to play them in the 2nd round, they should be able to handle them the way duke did. Tennessee needs to go play basketball and they can succeed in this bracket, just highly unlikely cause they struggle in tournament scenarios which is why even when we are good we cant win the sec tournament, which by the way how many acc tournaments has Duke won now 18, I think they deserve their respect we have to earn ours.

2. The Selection Committee should be embarrassed with the deference they showed Duke. Their bias is obvious and disgraceful.
3. Imagine that, Kentucky and West Virginia in the same region. I'm sure it's coincidence the Mountaineers being underseeded ensures Cal and Huggs won't both be in the Final Four in the 'AAs backyard.

2. They may have been generous with the seeding, but a probable matchup with Louisville in the second round isn't any cakewalk. That match-up is no favor.

3. I wouldn't want Texas if I were UK, either. They are one of the few teams athletic enough to match the Wildcats before the Final Four.

Oh on espn.com if you fill out your brackets there, they have a feature were you can compare teams and I did that with us and G'Town and we looked alot better.

1. I now officially have no idea what the criteria for selection is anymore. Not real sure about seeding, either.
2. The Selection Committee should be embarrassed with the deference they showed Duke. Their bias is obvious and disgraceful.
3. Imagine that, Kentucky and West Virginia in the same region. I'm sure it's coincidence the Mountaineers being underseeded ensures Cal and Huggs won't both be in the Final Four in the 'AAs backyard.
4. Tennessee is at least one line, probably two, below where they should be. Not sure how their body of work is worse than a number of the 4s and 5s.
5. There are great 5-12 matchups. Too bad Temple and Cornell had to both get screwed to set up the best one.
6. Florida should be thrilled. There's no way they should have been anything better than one of the last two at large teams.
7. Dan Guerrero is a douche. Just tell the truth, the Committee is carrying Duke's water.
8. Utah State is deserving of their bid. Stew Morrill has a blanket offer for home and home series with anyone out there, but nobody takes them up on it.
9. Baylor-Sam Houston State will be intriguing. I think the Bearkats can compete in that one.
10. New Mexico, while good, is over their head in that region. If they survive the first weekend, they have no shot the next.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yeah, pure coincidence. As soon as I seen this, all I could do was laugh, though it was cynical. I'm at a loss at some of the seedings in this bracket.

Yeah, pure coincidence. As soon as I seen this, all I could do was laugh, though it was cynical. I'm at a loss at some of the seedings in this bracket.
I'll simply say this about that little piece of 'AA coincidence and be done with it. West Virginia knew it was coming Saturday night. There's no way they were going to risk two members of their 10 Most Wanted List setting up shop at their marquee event. To use wrestling vernacular, the heels know they aren't going to get a fair shake.

The NCAA is making a joke out of one of the best moments in sports history. It's really sad. I never thought politics would take over the NCAA tournament.

OK, we know Duke has the easiest bracket. My guess is the committee was torn over what to do with Purdue and as a compromise seeded them as a high 4. No sources, just pure conjecture. I think they wanted to reward Purdue's record, but after the injury, they just don't have it and it's not fair to the rest of the field. I also don't get Duke as the 3rd #1. The 4th I can see the argument for. I thought it should be WVU, but Duke would have been a valid 4th #1.

The top of KU's bracket should be a cakewalk to the regional final, and you should expect to play somebody good there. I really don't get the griping there, except maybe Purdue should have been their 4, if you make them a 4. The bottom of that bracket is where things get weird. I thought G'town and Tennessee were both seeded low. At the top, Maryland is streaky and could be dangerous, but just not good enough and Michigan State is seeded too high.

I think the toughest path for a 1 seed is UK. They will to go through some teams they can't beat on talent alone, which is something I don't know for sure they can do. I think Wisconsin or Temple could be a tough game for them. If Texas could pull it together for a couple games they'd be dangerous, but talented teams that come in dysfunctional tend to stay dysfunctional. The thing will Cal and Huggins, one thing I never buy is match-up conspiracies. You can't avoid some weird ones no matter what you do. Doing mock brackets I always look back and see strange match-ups and storylines.

The West is the one I see as a crapshoot. I honestly have no idea what to make of it. None, not even gonna try.

VN Store

Back