Increase of competition and talent going into next spring.

GBOVOLS

So I was looking at our roster and thinking how we won't have walk-ons in the two deep next season especially if Tiny and AJ comeback. This spring there will be a huge injection of competition on our team from players who are already on the roster .

Players who were red shirted this season like :
1. Maggitt
2. Justin King (This guys is a really good athlete)
3. Marcus Jackson

Players who I believe will emerge this off season

1.) Lemond Johnson(Another good athlete)
2.) Paul Harris
3.) Jaylen Miller
4.) JRM
5.) Vereen ( He will take that next step and be a force next season)
6.) Jason Carr
7.) Ryan Jenkins (This kid is going to take over the slot WR position this off season.
8.) Riyahd Jones

I know everyone is excited about the c/o 14 but I believe these guys I listed will come on this off-season and make splash. It's hard to believe but we will have decent talent and depth next year. Jones & Co held out a lot of good players this season to let them develop and learn the system. We could really have a disruptive LB core with AJ, Maggitt, Justin King, and Weathered.

Maybe I'm being to optimistic but these guys development will go a long way in helping us getting more wins next year.

Reactions: 3 people
90% of the teams talent will be freshmen and sophomores.

I Wouldn't say 90% of our talent. Some of yall are just overly in love with every freshman class that comes in. A lot of talented guy changed positions or was held out to red shirt this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Getting better. Why didn't we use Jacob Carter. He caught everything last year?

I just don't think he's that good of a WR. He also benefited from Hunter and Paterson diverting attention from him. I don't think he would be that good with this core of WR

I don't think we can have high expectations next season. There should be improvement but we shouldn't expect the team to be contenders. 2015 should be the year we raise expectations.

Reactions: 1 person
So I was looking at our roster and thinking how we won't have walk-ons in the two deep next season especially if Tiny and AJ comeback. This spring there will be a huge injection of competition on our team from players who are already on the roster .

Players who were red shirted this season like :
1. Maggitt
2. Justin King (This guys is a really good athlete)
3. Marcus Jackson

Players who I believe will emerge this off season

1.) Lemond Johnson(Another good athlete)
2.) Paul Harris
3.) Jaylen Miller
4.) JRM
5.) Vereen ( He will take that next step and be a force next season)
6.) Jason Carr
7.) Ryan Jenkins (This kid is going to take over the slot WR position this off season.
8.) Riyahd Jones

I know everyone is excited about the c/o 14 but I believe these guys I listed will come on this off-season and make splash. It's hard to believe but we will have decent talent and depth next year. Jones & Co held out a lot of good players this season to let them develop and learn the system. We could really have a disruptive LB core with AJ, Maggitt, Justin King, and Weathered.

Maybe I'm being to optimistic but these guys development will go a long way in helping us getting more wins next year.

I am really excited about all of the redshirts stepping up. I am particularly excited to see how good Carr is. Just got this feeling that he is going to very good on the D line.

Teams are always made of core players for several years.. As they rotate out, new ones come in excitement builds

Currently, Blair OL, Lambert DT, Pearson WR, Weathered LB, Williams DT. I believe the staff still wants and will get one more JUCO DT.

Hopefully every one of them will contribute like CP did last year. He was an absolute steal.

I am really excited about all of the redshirts stepping up. I am particularly excited to see how good Carr is. Just got this feeling that he is going to very good on the D line.

Me too I believe so also. This off-season in the weight room is going to be big for him and Vereen. We will have nice depth across the D-line next year. The freshman will be allowed to develop and not have to start.

It's hard to believe but we will have decent talent and depth next year. Jones & Co held out a lot of good players this season to let them develop and learn the system.

We have no depth this year. Next year, we will not have decent depth, maybe more like 'some' at best. They were wise to hold people out. They never addressed it, but this may have sacrificed a win to let people develop so they could contribute more next year. This will hopefully be something we recognize and appreciate moving forward, and he gets credit for, despite what happened this year.

We will likely have no more than 6 wins next year. 7 if we play above potential.

VN Store

Back