'19 IN WR David Bell

No, because these bottom dweller teams that gets their "special" moment doesn't translate to anything big picture wise (conference titles, top 10 recruiting classes, or national titles). Purdue has 0% chance of winning the BIG and making it to the rose bowl. Now saying that, I'm fine with them beating osu because i dont like osu or urban.
Aren’t we a bottom dweller team? We’ve been at best a mediocre program for several years. A couple of good wins in 2nd level bowls doesn’t change this. Yep hope we can get better but waiting to be shown. Purdue’s coach probably will move up in the future and sure they have little chance of winning Big 10, but they are competitive now. They should enjoy it.

Aren’t we a bottom dweller team? We’ve been at best a mediocre program for several years. A couple of good wins in 2nd level bowls doesn’t change this. Yep hope we can get better but waiting to be shown. Purdue’s coach probably will move up in the future and sure they have little chance of winning Big 10, but they are competitive now. They should enjoy it.
Yea we are a bottom dweller team, but we aren't a bottom dweller program. Purdue has a bottom dweller program. You are correct, we have have at best mediocre program over the last several years. Which is why we are on our 5th coach this millennium. UT has the history, money, facilities, fan base, resources, and geographical location to be elite. As we have seen, all of that doesn't matter if you have the wrong administration calling the shots.

Reactions: T Dog
Yea. Like I said Purdue isn’t winning conference championships, national championships, and recruiting top 10 classes to win the championships mentioned above. And when the moment presents itself, Brohm will leave for more money. End of the day, that win doesn’t change Purdue’s football program (big picture). OSU still has a great chance of reaching the final 4. Purdue will be a bottom dweller and stepping stone program.
The moment to leave for bigger money presented itself last year and he didn’t leave.

The moment to leave for bigger money presented itself last year and he didn’t leave.
All money isnt equal. A lot of coaches turned down UT because of the internal issues (power struggle). UT's coaching search was an embarrassment for everyone associated with the school. If Brohm is successful at Purdue, he will be gone soon. Let's not act like the money he was potentially offered wasn't good enough. It was the other baggage he would have to deal with here. And my comment on Brohm leaving for more money goes w/o saying the administration needs to all be on the same page (vision) and values winning.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
All money isnt equal. A lot of coaches turned down UT because of the internal issues (power struggle). UT's coaching search was an embarrassment for everyone associated with the school. If Brohm is successful at Purdue, he will be gone soon. Let's not act like the money he was potentially offered wasn't good enough. It was the other baggage he would have to deal with here. And my comment on Brohm leaving for more money goes w/o saying the administration needs to all be on the same page (vision) and values winning.
You made my point with your first sentence there. 😉

VN Store

Back