Imagine

Here is the way that I look at it, '72. Washington D.C. is like the UT Athletic Dept. A new AD is coming in. Many people wanted Fulmer others wanted Blackburn. To the shock of nearly everyone, a person with no athletic experience and was known to actually hate athletics was hired. The people responsible for hiring him also hated athletics but claimed to love UT and promised to make UT great again.

The AD immediately fired all of the coaches and replaced them with people with little to no experience in the sport they were to coach. A couple even said they wanted to eliminate the sport all together. Many players and fans were outraged and marched on the campus and said the AD was nuts. The local media tried to call the AD out but he just claimed they were fake news that hated him and UT.

This new AD also appeared to have a strange fascination with the University of Alabama and Coach Saban. Several of our top recruits suddenly changed their commitment to Bama but the AD said he knew nothing about Alabama even though all evidence suggested otherwise. The AD said the evidence was fake and people hated him and didn't want to see UT great again. He went on to say that the fans that didn't agree weren't true fans but fake fans that hated UT. The people that appointed the AD thought this was all extremely funny and continued to say they were making UT great again as all of the athletic teams started falling apart. There were a couple of news agencies out of Alabama and Florida that agreed with the AD, claiming everything was great and that the Knoxville media was fake and biased.

Actually, the issue is more at a worldview level. The problem is more akin to a bunch of soccer fans rioting because UT refused to become a soccer school.

Reactions: 1 person
While I'm not sure this was what Prof was implying, I do think that our actions will hurt us long term and possibly even short term in regards to the war against Islamic terror.

What people fail to recognize is that unless you can prevent young ignorant Muslim men from joining terroristic organizations, the threat of Islamic terror will never cease. Alienating an entire religion will only continue to aid ISIS and their recruiting efforts. This "tough guy" attitude that Trump is trying to portray and implement is preoposterous. It doesn't make you more feared, just more hated. The way muslims as a whole perceive us is crucial toward our war on terror whether you acknowledge it or not.

God forbid this animosity between Christains and Muslims internationally continue to escalate similar to the way the political ideologies in this country have.

being their friends has never worked out for us either. i have no clue what the answer is.

the ban, imo of what it "should" have been, was to protect us. I have no problem with it as such. if people are offended by us protecting ourselves they can get the frick over it. I won't apologize for doing right by me and mine. especially when there is no long term harm.

if Trump is building hate by proposing a ban then by the same measure the judiciary should be building credit by blocking it. Has that happened? they are looking for the negative. and even if the ban went into place it was only for 90 days while the US gets its ish together. again how this was marketed and published was a crap fest which made it terrible. if you look at what it was really trying to do no one can find fault with it.

Should the judges lose their battle, the travel ban will go back into effect.

When that happens, as we got a small sampling that weekend, Arab/Muslim allies will turn on us. Iraq will threaten relations with us, and may even align with Russia and/or Iran. As a result, we will get less cooperation with these nations' intelligence services, something that currently helps prevent terror attacks both abroad and domestically.

Further, the Muslim population here will (and probably already a given) react more harshly than it has already. We do a relatively good job of assimilating our Muslim immigrants, unlike Europe. Trump's model, however, will radicalize our domestic population more than what would occur under normal circumstances.

Not to mention just the simple fact of it serving as a great propaganda tool for Islamic radicals.

Other than all of this, it will keep us safe.

1. its not a full on ban. the temporary gets dropped way to quick for there to be real full time problems. my two biggest enemy nations are Russia and China. if they announced a 90 TEMPORARY ban on American's or Catholics if we want to stick to religion, it would not change my opinion one iota of them. well I am not likely to go there so it doesn't effect me and my opinion of them is already low. so lets go to a more relevant example. France, I am thinking about traveling there this summer, and my opinion of them is pretty positive. if they did the same thing it would also not change my outlook on them. this is just another excuse that has no real bearing on anything.
2. how any country reacts to what we do internal concerns me zero. its about time we put America first. we need to get our ish figured out. I think this TEMPORARY ban is a good way to do some of that. No rights are being oppressed, thank you judiciary. no crimes or international laws.
3. agreed that the wording did no favors, which is why i have been saying it just needs to be reworded. people offended by this are just looking to be offended.

And yet she's the lesser of two evils and he would be ok with her going to jail, but he wanted her as president. VP is about as rational as the character Simple Jack.

What is so hard to process about this?

Yes, she should be in jail. Yes, she is the lesser of two evils, by a far stretch.

Donny makes Hillary look like George Washington.

You're only blinded by that right now because of the decades of bitter hate and rhetoric other angry nihilists have told you to have for the Clintons. That and the fact that you foolishly think Donny is a "reformer," which boggles rational minds, but, then again, you're not a rational individual.

Lest we forget that you think the Deep State won't simply just kill Donny to get him out of the way and is, instead, grooming him to become one of them. My god man, you're like a child.

Anyone care to discuss the actual article, or are we just going to keep blaming Hillary for everything?

That was a pretty damning piece, but, then again, it is surely fake news. Everyone knows Donny wouldn't sell this country out to make an extra buck; he's a true patriot.

What suckers you are.

Reactions: 2 people
More draining of the swamp in progress:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/854230454874099712

I'll admit the biggest thing I got wrong about Donny, and practically the only thing I got wrong about him, was his China relationship. I was seriously one of the idiots that thought he'd create far greater tensions with China.

I couldn't have been more wrong. Turns out that was all just campaign gibberish. The idea that a transnational capitalist and globalist, like Donny, would eschew Chinese money is now preposterous to me. I fell for it, though, just like the MAGAs.

For the record, the Steele Dossier claims (last summer) that Donny's financial ties to China are far deeper than his financial ties to Russia. All of them are incredibly dirty (and often illegal).

Reactions: 3 people
More draining of the swamp in progress:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/854230454874099712

I'll admit the biggest thing I got wrong about Donny, and practically the only thing I got wrong about him, was his China relationship. I was seriously one of the idiots that thought he'd create far greater tensions with China.

I couldn't have been more wrong. Turns out that was all just campaign gibberish. The idea that a transnational capitalist and globalist, like Donny, would eschew Chinese money is now preposterous to me. I fell for it, though, just like the MAGAs.

For the record, the Steele Dossier claims (last summer) that Donny's financial ties to China are far deeper than his financial ties to Russia. All of them are incredibly dirty (and often illegal).

The bold part is about the only thing you have been right about.

For the record, your tax dollars referred to it as the "Winter White House" before it was taken down by at least one decent human being apparently keeping watch.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back