I'm warming up to the idea of bringing in Jeff Brohm

Why is it not happening?

A. I believe it will be Gruden
B. I live in Lafayette, and he is WAY more appreciated here than he'd be in Knoxville. Expectations are way different up here.
C. I think he'd rather end up in Louisville, as that's where he and his family are from. I don't know how much the money matters to him. He drives an old Honda Accord.
D. He wouldn't bolt after one year, IMO. He has young kids.

We could do much worse than Brohm but I hope it doesn't come to him. Gruden is a game changing hire,if we can't get him I want Frost. Can Brohm recruit?

We could do much worse than Brohm but I hope it doesn't come to him. Gruden is a game changing hire,if we can't get him I want Frost. Can Brohm recruit?

That's probably where he's more unproven. My opinion is anyone can recruit to UT.

He has proven that he can take what he has and do more with it than the average coach, something CBJ cannot do. That is evident in his success with a team recruited by Darrell Hazell, who didn't even recruit Indianapolis.

A. I believe it will be Gruden
B. I live in Lafayette, and he is WAY more appreciated here than he'd be in Knoxville. Expectations are way different up here.
C. I think he'd rather end up in Louisville, as that's where he and his family are from. I don't know how much the money matters to him. He drives an old Honda Accord.
D. He wouldn't bolt after one year, IMO. He has young kids.

I appreciate the response. Gruden is not coming here. If I'm wrong, we have a 50% chance of sucking for the next decade. Jeff Brohm is a more proven college coach then Gruden and that is a fact.

Give me Charlie Strong over some no name coach from Purdue with no name ID for recruiting in the South if we are going the cheap route.

Strong recruits Florida better than anyone and just needs to hire a competent OC.

Brohm people? Really? Thanks for the laugh today. I needed that on a Monday Morning.

Give me Charlie Strong over some no name coach from Purdue with no name ID for recruiting in the South if we are going the cheap route.

Strong recruits Florida better than anyone and just needs to hire a competent OC.

Brohm people? Really? Thanks for the laugh today. I needed that on a Monday Morning.

You obviously haven't been paying attention, but you're welcome I guess? Jokes on you.

Reactions: 1 person
You obviously haven't been paying attention, but you're welcome I guess? Jokes on you.

This thread is about Jeff Brohm. I have yet to wade into this thread because I naturally assumed it would fade away. The fact its still on the first page just shows the number that Butch has done to this fan base....

Jeff Brohm??? Really? Lets just keep Butch while we are at it.

The focus on a head coach's ability to recruit is over-rated, because it's his assistants who do the heavy lifting there. That being said, if I were a QB, WR, or RB I'd be very interested in playing for Brohm. He gets more out of those positions than probably anyone in the country, especially QB.

Retain the entire defensive staff we currently have in place and you have a winning combination.

No one in the country is doing more with less right now than Jeff Brohm. That's good coaching and good coaching attracts recruits.

But let's say you disagree with all that and you just want to know if the man can recruit or not. I don't know, but would you want to play for this guy?

Jeff Brohm's Famous Words: "Let's Play Football" - YouTube

This thread is about Jeff Brohm. I have yet to wade into this thread because I naturally assumed it would fade away. The fact its still on the first page just shows the number that Butch has done to this fan base....

Jeff Brohm??? Really? Lets just keep Butch while we are at it.

Yes, Jeff Brohm. The name of the guy who coached the #1 offense in the country last season and #3 offense the year before that. Get used to the name, because you're going to hear it a lot over the next 20 years.

there are a lot worse options out there than Brohm. he's been doing this a while, and at a fairly high level, relative to what he was dealing with. progression wise, Brohm checks pretty much all the boxes. he's not flashy. hiring him would not get us the adoration of the media and it wouldn't strike fear immediately in to the hears of our competition.

but i think he's a solid football coach, with a sound philosophy offensively, and understands how to run a football program and put staffs together.

the question...could the experience at WKU and Purdue translate at TN and in the SEC? (this will be a question that almost any candidate will have to answer)

Yes, Jeff Brohm. The name of the guy who coached the #1 offense in the country last season and #3 offense the year before that. Get used to the name, because you're going to hear it a lot over the next 20 years.

Not at Tennessee we won’t. And those stats don’t mean anything when it’s being done at the WKU’s of the world. Sorta like June Jones at Hawaii. Where is he now?

Not at Tennessee we won’t. And those stats don’t mean anything when it’s being done at the WKU’s of the world. Sorta like June Jones at Hawaii. Where is he now?
two different deals. philosophically, what Brohm does should, and does, translate at this level. what Jones did at Hawaii....wouldn't. i'll just leave it at that.

doesn't mean i think Brohm is or should be the guy, but just fundamentally, what Brohm likes to do offensively would translate in the SEC a lot better than what Butch Jones currently does philosophically...

and we have a lot of the personnel already in place to do it....

lol. ok pal.. continue to ignore the fact that he's got Purdue competing in the Big Ten in his first year. And not just the Big Ten... they had Louisville on the ropes in the season opener and followed that up with a 35-3 blowout of Missouri.

If the decision makers are anything like you, you're right, he won't end up at Tennessee. But if they are paying attention, there's a good chance that he'll get a call and possibly an offer if things don't work out with Kelly, Patterson, Petersen, etc.

lol. ok pal.. continue to ignore the fact that he's got Purdue competing in the Big Ten in his first year. And not just the Big Ten... they had Louisville on the ropes in the season opener and followed that up with a 35-3 blowout of Missouri.

If the decision makers are anything like you, you're right, he won't end up at Tennessee. But if they are paying attention, there's a good chance that he'll get a call and possibly an offer if things don't work out with Kelly, Patterson, Petersen, etc.

The Big Ten West is a one trick pony. Lets see if he beats the OSU, michigans, Penn states of the world. Fact- he hasn’t.

Also, the decision makers aren’t going to pay Butch’s buyout, pay Brohm’s buyout, and pay for assistants. That’s a 25 million dollar deal minimum. Brohm is not worth 25 million dollar investment. Only Gruden or Chip Kelly deserve that kind of investment

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back