I'm sure I will get flamed for this, but...

bnhunt

if CBJ is not going to play one of the freshman QBs, then why don't we just start our best athlete at QB and run some version of a wildcat offense. I am not one of those redneck fans who always wants the wildcat, but after 5 games Worley is who he is and we cannot win any meaningful games with him at QB. He is too inaccurate, turns it over too much and has way too many 3 and outs, which is just killing our defense and wearing them down in 2nd half (i.e. UF and USA). Just line up Pig, Neal and Lane in backfield behind our NFL offensive line, who also needs to step up by the way, and have a few pass plays mixed in and make teams stop it.

Just a thought. Now flame away!

Reactions: 2 people
I think he wants to redshirt them both, and they will only play if we lose our chance at a bowl game, if even then...

Do you understand football? If there is no threat of a pass the defense will just stack the box and we will lose yards every play.

Stupid thread is stupid.

Reactions: 1 person
Running a wildcat offense all game is a poor idea. You're pretty much running a trick offense that is 90+% run and the defense knows it.

It'd be much much worse

Is saving two red shirts worth goin 4-8 or 5-7?

My answer is no...

Butch has said the best QB will play, doesn't bold well for our future if Worley is honestly our best QB.

We could ditch the whole season and have another year "0" next year, and the year after, and the year after, and the year after........

Its not just Worley. Some of those throws look bad because the receivers aren't running the correct route.

Exactly. I've noticed a lot of miscommunication, especially when he throws to North.

2011 vs UK?

Exactly what I was thinking when I wrote the thread. I'm not saying I like the idea, but my god, can anyone honestly say they have any
confidence in this team after watching first 5 weeks. I would prefer we play Ferguson and/or Dobbs, but if not, then we have to try something to mix it up. Otherwise, we are staring 4-8 or 5-7 directly in the face.

if CBJ is not going to play one of the freshman QBs, then why don't we just start our best athlete at QB and run some version of a wildcat offense. I am not one of those redneck fans who always wants the wildcat, but after 5 games Worley is who he is and we cannot win any meaningful games with him at QB. He is too inaccurate, turns it over too much and has way too many 3 and outs, which is just killing our defense and wearing them down in 2nd half (i.e. UF and USA). Just line up Pig, Neal and Lane in backfield behind our NFL offensive line, who also needs to step up by the way, and have a few pass plays mixed in and make teams stop it.

Just a thought. Now flame away!

Why you h8en on red necks? H8ters gonna h8 I wreckon..

They lit our defense up for a whopping 10 points.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Not the point. The point is that it ate up clock, kept their D and our O the field. You don't have to score 40 to win (see '12 Vols), but it would help if our D wasn't ALWAYS on the damn field.

Exactly what I was thinking when I wrote the thread. I'm not saying I like the idea, but my god, can anyone honestly say they have any
confidence in this team after watching first 5 weeks. I would prefer we play Ferguson and/or Dobbs, but if not, then we have to try something to mix it up. Otherwise, we are staring 4-8 or 5-7 directly in the face.

I just think it's a little short sighted to blame all of our issues on Worley, while expecting a true freshman to come in and run the offense without as many, if not more, mistakes. I know I seem to be in the minority.

Reactions: 4 people
Running a wildcat offense all game is a poor idea. You're pretty much running a trick offense that is 90+% run and the defense knows it.

It'd be much much worse

Yea, Urban tried that crap with Tebow and we all know how bad that turned out, Oh wait!

I just think it's a little short sighted to blame all of our issues on Worley, while expecting a true freshman to come in and run the offense without as many, if not more, mistakes. I know I seem to be in the minority.

I wasn't, I also said the O-line needs to step up a lot. I don't expect the freshman to do any better, but if this season is going to be a wash, which it will with Worley as the starter, then why not see what the 2 freshman have for next year and beyond.

VN Store

Back