If You Are Dave Hart What Mid Major Would You Hire.

Don't think it's considered a mid major but Larry Brown would get a call from SMU. I hope we do keep Cuanzo though

For the last time, no on Amaker. I fail to see what excites you so much about him. He was average at Seton Hall and sucked at Michigan. I'm not impressed he can win the Ivy League tournament a few times and pull a few upsets.

He's exactly where he should be.

Ivy League doesn't play a conference tournament

Reactions: 1 person
Another interesting name that was provided to me was Keith Dambrot, the coach at Akron. The interesting ties to him are his short stint at Central Michigan (not when Butch was there) and he coached Lebron in high school (Butch's relationship with Eric Spoelstra). He has been at Akron for 10 years and has 9 straight 20 win seasons and been to the NCAAT a couple of times.

He does have some baggage as he was dismissed at Central Michigan for making a derogatory remark. But, Lebron James was evidently fine with him as his coach. Just an interesting name and connection.

I don't know what his buyout is but I would look strongly at Archie Miller. I was extremely impressed with his team and the style of BB they play. I think he could recruit here too.

Just signed on for 5 years - so its huge

Ivy League doesn't play a conference tournament

Yeah I realized that after I posted, they take the regular season champion. I had thought they had started one but then remembered I was thinking of a few years ago when Harvard and Princeton had to play a tiebreaker game to determine who got the bid.

So I amend it to "I'm not impressed he can win the Ivy League".

Last edited:
Has it been established though what it is? Some buyouts can be relatively low even though it's long term.

Dayton is private so no terms are disclosed. You have to think they protected themselves with a large buy out because Miller is a hot prospect right now. Why would they even bother with an extension if any high major team could swoop in and grab him on the cheap. It just doesn't make sense. If I had to guess, he's probably around the 3 million dollar buy out range. Not enough to prevent teams from coming in, but enough to prevent most teams from making a play.

I respect the Ivy for not having a conference tourney. They are a complete waste--a cheap excuse to make a little more money.

Reactions: 1 person
Dayton is private so no terms are disclosed. You have to think they protected themselves with a large buy out because Miller is a hot prospect right now. Why would they even bother with an extension if any high major team could swoop in and grab him on the cheap. It just doesn't make sense. If I had to guess, he's probably around the 3 million dollar buy out range. Not enough to prevent teams from coming in, but enough to prevent most teams from making a play.

You could be right. It's still speculation. You get $1.3 I think from Cuonzo so that would lessen the blow of paying another coaches buyout.

VN Store

Back