If I was coach...

UT1794

:)

There's plenty of these comments around, but I'm not here to stir the pot. I love the game we're playing and I couldn't be prouder of the way this team came together over the last several weeks.

CCM has them playing hard nosed basketball, but there is one thing that still scares me about this team.

Our press break schemes are not very good. We get trapped and retreat all the time under a press. If I was coach :crazy: I'd make this a HUGE point of emphasis. It seems like this has plagued TN teams for a long time.

Other than that, fantastic game so far, and the schedule is shaping up to be pretty favorable for our Vols!

Reactions: 1 person

There's plenty of these comments around, but I'm not here to stir the pot. I love the game we're playing and I couldn't be prouder of the way this team came together over the last several weeks.

CCM has them playing hard nosed basketball, but there is one thing that still scares me about this team.

Our press break schemes are not very good. We get trapped and retreat all the time under a press. If I was coach :crazy: I'd make this a HUGE point of emphasis. It seems like this has plagued TN teams for a long time.

Other than that, fantastic game so far, and the schedule is shaping up to be pretty favorable for our Vols!

I don't know where this run of excellence was after the Virginia game....but either these kids were mass underachievers....Zo was trying to figure out which buttons to push for a whole season....or these kids and Zo just finally all got on the same page and the so called "Light Bulb" has finally been turned on!

Go Vols! Deepest apologies Coach Zo and company....TOUGHER BREED INDEED!

We're not worthy....we're not worthy!!!

tumblr_mdr1w9pcCz1qifa2a.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Thought we broke it pretty well today...

We actually did a decent job later in the game, but I don't know if that was their fatigue or our PB. Hopefully I'm just paranoid and finding issue where there isn't any. I reall this being problematic for us in the past and moments during these first two games gave me fits.

Thank goodness that you are not the coach.

If I were coach Martin i would- oh wait If I were CCM I wouldn't be reading this site or posting on here for you people that are always hating me so never mind

We actually did a decent job later in the game, but I don't know if that was their fatigue or our PB. Hopefully I'm just paranoid and finding issue where there isn't any. I reall this being problematic for us in the past and moments during these first two games gave me fits.
Considering that is what UMass makes their living off of, I thought we did pretty well. A team that plays that style should give people trouble after 30 games. There was some retreating and it wasn't necessarily pretty, but we did pretty well IMO

This is the team we were told we had. Also the media was tourney or fired for ccm then they act shocked when fans turned. This not the same team we were watching for the first two months of the season. Now I never though ccm was getting fired, I didn't want or expect cbp to be our coach and the petition was silly but I'm just glad we were invited to the play in game. I don't know what you were wearing or doing today but do that Sunday! Mercer it's payback time. GoVols!

VN Store

Back