If Cheney has a great game

rockytop2396

Suck My Vols
Would they consider him for HC? I don't know how the process goes or if this is a ridiculous question. If so go easy on me. Obviously they want some better defensive coaching though.

He was recently quoted as saying he has "no idea what a head coach does". Which obviously means UT will definitely hire him.

Reactions: 6 people
Gruden has contacted Bassacia and Ron Zook. He is interested big time. Looks like he is putting together a college staff. Anyone else heard anything more about this. #1 candidate

Gruden has contacted Bassacia and Ron Zook. He is interested big time. Looks like he is putting together a college staff. Anyone else heard anything more about this. #1 candidate

I heard he had an arky tie on last night with a hog lapel pin

Reactions: 4 people
I heard he had an arky tie on last night with a hog lapel pin
Nope. saw whole game. no such thing happened. Thank goodness. Ar Kansas has a very different list than UT for some reason. I heard that Petrino's name is officially in play(for the UT job). That is extremely disappointing. Ark is going after Patterson hardcore

Last edited:
Would Spurrier be a legitimate option? Two birds with one stone in that we could tamp down the competitivness of USC at the same time. Too much bad blood?

Would Spurrier be a legitimate option? Two birds with one stone in that we could tamp down the competitivness of USC at the same time. Too much bad blood?

he is pushing 70...too old to start over imho.

But we might go after Muschump. Florida paying him under $2 million with only a $100k buyout. Same line of thinking though

Reactions: 1 person

Too old. He's nearly 70. He's doing a fabulous job at USCjr, former doormat of the SEC and did remarkable work at UF and Duke (what's lower than doormat?).

IMO, we need somebody that will be around awhile.

Reactions: 1 person
Cheney seems to have his head on straight and the offense is clicking (When Bray has his head in the game). I too would like to know if others think he should be considered as HC.

Nope. saw whole game. no such ting happened. Thank goodness

Sorry...but Gruden's is not coming here. NFL bound...that's just who he is. The "talks" he has are with NFL assistants or former NFL assistants. That being said, I'd be curious to see how he'd do in the college ranks.

Would they consider him for HC? I don't know how the process goes or if this is a ridiculous question. If so go easy on me. Obviously they want some better defensive coaching though.

Nothing against Chaney but we'd be better served to get rid of all current staff with the exception of Jay Graham and start completely over. Up ticket prices to help get the AD back financially sound and let's move on from this experience.

VN Store

Back