If Charlie Strong was white...

Every human alive has some degree of racist emotion.

If you deny that then you are at least two things...

a racist and a liar.

Just wanted to say neocon is my least favorite poster on here. Carry on.

No I think the major reason people don't think he is a good choice is his recruiting class rankings each of his three years in Louisville.

He has recruited well (to be recruiting at a school with no facilities, no tradition, and in the big east) but more importantly, he has DEVELOPED the talent he has brought in as well as any coach in the country the past three years. He has gotten more out of his players than any of the other coaches we are pursuing IMO. And that is just as important to a coaches success as anything else.

That's why I really want Strong to be the guy. Hell Tennesssee sells its self to recruits a lot of the time. Look at what Dooley did recruiting in his time here with absolutely nothing to back it up, then just imagine what a proven winner with the merits of coach Strong can do for us in recruiting. And then, again more importantly, how well he would develop those recruits once they were at UT.

Also: it's hard to outsell the big schools in Florida (where Strong is most connected as a recruiter) when you're at a school like Louisville. That becomes a much easier task at Tennessee.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Why is it that everyone the black guy does not get hired we hear this bullish!t. This is idiotic. How about we don't want him because his record as a head coach does not have enough wins against ranked teams. How about his name would not give our program the spark it needs to give the perception of being relevant. Op is idiotic

Reactions: 2 people
I think Gundy's dance skills is what put him back in the mix.

Maybe we want both to accept so we can have our first official cage match in the new training facility. WInner is coach.

Last edited:
Why is it that everyone the black guy does not get hired we hear this bullish!t. This is idiotic. How about we don't want him because his record as a head coach does not have enough wins against ranked teams. How about his name would not give our program the spark it needs to give the perception of being relevant. Op is idiotic

Because even though its 2012 some people still think skin color could somehow influence coaching ability. That same style of thinking is what got the Nazi's into a little trouble.

Because even though its 2012 some people still think skin color could somehow influence coaching ability. That same style of thinking is what got the Nazi's into a little trouble.

It goes both ways, just because he is black does not entitle him to the job either. I didn't want strong, and I didn't know he was black. What if he ce here and was a great coach, started beating fl every year, who do you think they would call. If we aren't going to make a big splash hire( strong is not), and take a chance on a coach, let's get one that has Tn ties. White or black or Asian or green. As long as he is Tn. I want ut to hire gruden or a gruden type name and will settlefor nothing less! The UT will need to invest on their fans with this hire, they can't settle.

Earlier I was wondering about whether folks would be constantly called racists, everytime they criticized something Coach Strong did.

This thread proves to me that my fears were founded.

For this reason alone, I would be against the Strong hire. I don't want to spend the next few years hearing anyone criticizing him being labelled racist.

We get enough of that crap on the politics forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
It goes both ways, just because he is black does not entitle him to the job either. I didn't want strong, and I didn't know he was black. What if he ce here and was a great coach, started beating fl every year, who do you think they would call. If we aren't going to make a big splash hire( strong is not), and take a chance on a coach, let's get one that has Tn ties. White or black or Asian or green. As long as he is Tn. I want ut to hire gruden or a gruden type name and will settlefor nothing less! The UT will need to invest on their fans with this hire, they can't settle.

So just because Gruden's wife was a student at Tennessee that makes him a Tennessee guy? And who is this Gruden type name that has Tennessee ties that you prefer we hire?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back