If B Pearl is not fired at the end of season

It will be about the same if Hopson and Harris leave.

If those two leave it's pure ego.... because honestly they have zero first round potential from what I have seen. Tobias may be the last pick 1st round.... but they should both go through the process of evaluation before deciding anything.

I can't wait to hear their projection. Because IMO I think reality is going to hit them both like a brick wall.

They BOTH need at least one more year. Even if they are picked up in the second round there is absoluty ZERO garuntee they even make the roster.

Who said we're going to have an AA penalty?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Isnt that the whole argument here? If he stays we get a big penalty? If he leaves we possibly get a smaller penalty? but no matter what were gonna get hit with something. Where have you been?

I haven't followed this closely, so forgive me, but how likely is it that Pearl will be fired?

Oh really? How many of those good recruiting classes do you think we will have under this mystery "elite" coach who decides to leave a good situation to come to a school under some type of ncaa penalty? Im still waiting for someone to answer that question.

I see no reason we could not immediately have a good recruiting class. This only Pearl can do anything argument is completely absurd.

Isnt that the whole argument here? If he stays we get a big penalty? If he leaves we possibly get a smaller penalty? but no matter what were gonna get hit with something. Where have you been?

You understand the difference between punishing the coach and the university?

You understand the difference between punishing the coach and the university?

Surely u are not suggesting that if pearl leaves we will get off scott free?

Oh really? How many of those good recruiting classes do you think we will have under this mystery "elite" coach who decides to leave a good situation to come to a school under some type of ncaa penalty? Im still waiting for someone to answer that question.

Good luck with gettin your answer.

I haven't followed this closely, so forgive me, but how likely is it that Pearl will be fired?

Its a coin toss in my opinion. If it was up to me i say keep him. No other elite coach as the fellas on here say will wanna come here during this turmoil. a new coach wont be able to have a good recruiting class under this mess. Pearl is known for getting the most out of crap tallent. So i say just weather the storm.

Its a coin toss in my opinion. If it was up to me i say keep him. No other elite coach as the fellas on here say will wanna come here during this turmoil. a new coach wont be able to have a good recruiting class under this mess. Pearl is known for getting the most out of crap tallent. So i say just weather the storm.

You seem to be missing something. The source of the turmoil is Bruce Pearl. If he's removed, there is no more turmoil.

Surely you don't see Pearl as elite?

You seem to be missing something. The source of the turmoil is Bruce Pearl. If he's removed, there is no more turmoil.

What?

Program in turmoil - source of turmoil = normal basketball program?

Blasphemy :crazy::crazy:

Nothing that severe will come of it.

You may be correct but this is a big assumption in my opinion. Definitely something that i would be thjnking about if i were a possible replacement. Remember none of this will be settled before a new coach would be hired.

Surely you don't see Pearl as elite?

He might not be elite, but I think very few coaches could have invigorated the program like Pearl did when he got here. I think his personality along with the enthusiasm and coaching style were a perfect fit AT THE TIME. Everyone talks about how great Roy Williams is, yet he has never had to resurrect a program like Pearl did. It's easy to look elite when you coach at programs like Kansas and UNC where you are getting the creme of the crop every year. In no way am I trying to compare Bruce to Roy, just trying to put a little perspective into the definition of "elite". See, I don't think Roy Williams is in the same league with Coach K. Not even close. Coach K is one of the elites in my book. Roy Williams isn't. Bruce isn't either, but he's a darn good coach, regardless of what you read in this forum

This has been posted and discussed about a million times on here.

Ahhh my bad. Then could you save me the trouble of looking through a million posts and tell me who it should be?

He might not be elite, but I think very few coaches could have invigorated the program like Pearl did when he got here. I think his personality along with the enthusiasm and coaching style were a perfect fit AT THE TIME. Everyone talks about how great Roy Williams is, yet he has never had to resurrect a program like Pearl did. It's easy to look elite when you coach at programs like Kansas and UNC where you are getting the creme of the crop every year. In no way am I trying to compare Bruce to Roy, just trying to put a little perspective into the definition of "elite". See, I don't think Roy Williams is in the same league with Coach K. Not even close. Coach K is one of the elites in my book. Roy Williams isn't. Bruce isn't either, but he's a darn good coach, regardless of what you read in this forum

No argument that he was a good fit at the time. Unfortunately, the time is now for him to go due to his placing the program in a serious situation with getting hammered by the NCAA. He has taken away all the good he did with his unethical behavior and NCAA violations.

Ahhh my bad. Then could you save me the trouble of looking through a million posts and tell me who it should be?

You've been here for 3 years. If you haven't read the dozens and dozens of threads where long lists of names were provided, then that's your problem.

You've been here for 3 years. If you haven't read the dozens and dozens of threads where long lists of names were provided, then that's your problem.

And if he isn't familiar enough with college bball to know coaches who UT could hire and would be successful, then perhaps he shouldn't refer to Pearl as elite. If you aren't familiar with others then how is Pearl elite? It's like only listening to one radio show and referring to it as the best show in the country or one of the best.

VN Store

Back