I'd be perfectly fine...

jmva1

If Poole or Oku turns out to be better than Bryce Brown. Sure, BB came in with more hype but if Poole or Oku turns out turn out to be great backs and can produce and be big time play makers, i'd be perfectly fine with BB if he turns out to be not as good as advertised. It seems like all you guys are rooting for BB to do better than other guys, which doesn't make sense. Kiffin said the best player will play, and hopefully he'll stick to that in the end, which I think he will. I'm not rooting against Brown by any means and I hope he lives up to all the hype, but if Oku turns out to be better and be a great back and is everything people thought Bryce Brown was going to be, i'll be more than happy. People shouldn't root for one to player to succeed over others just because they're they come with more hype. Hopefully Bryce Brown, David Oku, and Poole turn out to be great backs.

I know he's from Ks and all, but Oku has a chip on his shoulder to prove he is the better back. Wouldnt suprise me if he worked his way in to a starters spot sometime soon.

Competition... Its a good thing. Mark these words Phil, on your next stop.

In my opinion Toney Williams will be remembered as the best out of all of them!!!

just realized i probably posted this in the wrong forum... mods feel free to move to the football forum.

We must develop the best backfield in history to make history. The really greatest teams in NCAA history all had at least two great backs! The top five of all time had three or four! I am not hoping one turns out to great and one turns out to underachieve. My favorite is every player with an orange T on his hat!

Bryce Brown, David Oku, Toney Williams, Monterio Hardesty, Tauren Poole. AKA:

The FAB FIVE - Already Taken
THE FIVE HORSEMEN - KINDA CHEESY AND A RIP OFF

I'VE GOT IT! BACK TO BACK NATIONAL CHAMPS PERFECT ! :eek:k::dance2::hi::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

If Poole or Oku turns out to be better than Bryce Brown. Sure, BB came in with more hype but if Poole or Oku turns out turn out to be great backs and can produce and be big time play makers, i'd be perfectly fine with BB if he turns out to be not as good as advertised. It seems like all you guys are rooting for BB to do better than other guys, which doesn't make sense. Kiffin said the best player will play, and hopefully he'll stick to that in the end, which I think he will. I'm not rooting against Brown by any means and I hope he lives up to all the hype, but if Oku turns out to be better and be a great back and is everything people thought Bryce Brown was going to be, i'll be more than happy. People shouldn't root for one to player to succeed over others just because they're they come with more hype. Hopefully Bryce Brown, David Oku, and Poole turn out to be great backs.

What if Brown and Oku both are great? Could you live with that? :) I think that is exactly how this will turn out eventually.

You hit the nail on the head my friend. I have already noticed a change from some posters on here. They acted as if BB was the greatest thing since sliced bread when he signed with us. Now they are jumping on the OKU wagon because he has been more impressive thus far. Just goes to show how much STAR watchers know, doesn't it? If OKU was the physical speciman BB is, noone would wanna take him on. That being said I think we have 5 backs that can be special, including Williams next season, and I love the fact we have Eddie Gran coaching them. He will make all of them the best they can be. Book It. It's an exciting time for sure...GO VOLS !!!

Last edited:
In my opinion Toney Williams will be remembered as the best out of all of them!!!

I agree. That's the #1 most refreshing thing in my opinion is that we don't have Fulmer playing "favorites" based on seniority.

We must develop the best backfield in history to make history. The really greatest teams in NCAA history all had at least two great backs! The top five of all time had three or four! I am not hoping one turns out to great and one turns out to underachieve. My favorite is every player with an orange T on his hat!

Bryce Brown, David Oku, Toney Williams, Monterio Hardesty, Tauren Poole. AKA:

The FAB FIVE - Already Taken
THE FIVE HORSEMEN - KINDA CHEESY AND A RIP OFF

I'VE GOT IT! BACK TO BACK NATIONAL CHAMPS PERFECT ! :eek:k::dance2::hi::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

it would of been better with 5 smilies

Don't write off Bryce just yet. He'll be fine. As for Oku, you're seeing why he was the #1 APB. Some of you are acting surprised that he's good. Both guys will be great. These guys have the potential to be a great great duo.

Most of us just want to win. You are reaching on your assumptions about most fans...

It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if Poole, Williams, or Oku ended up better than Bryce Brown. It would surprise me because Bryce has all the tools and is clearly more talented. Just the way that kid runs with the size he has is unreal.

You hit the nail on the head my friend. I have already noticed a change from some posters on here. They acted as if BB was the greatest thing since sliced bread when he signed with us. Now they are jumping on the OKU wagon because he has been more impressive thus far. Just goes to show how much STAR watchers know, doesn't it? If OKU was the physical speciman BB is, noone would wanna take him on. That being said I think we have 5 backs that can be special, including Williams next season, and I love the fact we have Eddie Gran coaching them. He will make all of them the best they can be. Book It. It's an exciting time for sure...GO VOLS !!!

I think TN fans should get some credit. The media will show an obsession with Bryce Brown when he succeeds but we can be smarter than they are when it comes to his backups. I made a good bit of money on the UGA game in 1998. They said our backup RBs were awful but I thought T Henry was hard to stop.

I think Oku, Poole, Brown and Williams will be excellent. I would not mind getting L Seastrunk. Only if we had Seastrunk would I be willing to say that on paper we had a more talented group than the Lewis, Henry Stephens threesome.

We're 5 practices in. It will be interesting to revisit topic this in early December. I could care less who has the best season, just hope that at least one has a season to remember.

VN Store

Back