I was at the game in Athens

They are the worst fan base in the SEC. They are complete clowns. Barking at kids and teenage Vol fans. Flipping our band the bird.

They're not all bad, but I admit the bad Georgia fans are truly some of the worst. Somehow worse than drunk LSU fans, which is saying something. Since they upgraded to Kirby, they've gotten that "new money" arrogance that won't wear off until they struggle for a few years, and even then, they'll be a handful because they've waited so long to be on top. They'll run it into the ground before they're done.

That woofing through, it really is the worst. Not only is it mindless, it's the most low-effort cheer you can possibly imagine. It's like, really? "Woof woof woof?" Ok. And?

It's just childish. Like what five year olds do on a playground. It makes them seem small. "Let's bark loudly at this family and their children." Ok. Sure thing, my man.

But, again. New money. Seen it before in this league. And I'm sure I'll see it again when the next program hits the big time.

I was there and sat next to our band. The hate and obscene hand gestures thrown towards the band kids, a group of college kids there to support their team, was concerning. The fact that it took 4 GBI agents, 2 GA state troopers, 4 sheriff officers and 8-10 private security members to protect our 100 piece band tells you all you need to know about that fan base. I know every school (except maybe Vandy) has their crazies, but yesterday was disturbing.

And i was walking down at field level during Hooker's interception when UGA fans started getting louder and during other key moments as i prefer walking around to sitting.

Let me just say this. That UGA decibal noise is a bit bogus.

It was loud but it was certainly not intimidating level loud nor that hostile of a place. Sanford Stadium has a lot of openings and doesn't trap sound as well as Neyland imo. It felt just like being at a Braves game or something to me.. Certainly nothing like Neyland.

I saw some of our players are actually using the crowd noise as an excuse and feel like that's BS. UGA fans are having a field day with this saying their stadium is so much louder and mire hostile than Neyland blah blah blah.

I was on the field level. It simply was not that loud.

Agree. I think their late DL shifts and stunts did way more to cause or false starts.

That stuff is weird.

Well, Vols did have like 5 or 6 false starts, so there's that.

Also, Dawgs don't pipe in fake crowd noise through speakers like some stadiums.

I know it didn't turn out how you wanted but what an awesome game to attend.

Just shut up.

I was there too. 30 rows up. It was loud. I’m not buying the decibel thing either, but they went all out for this game. It’s hard to say it didn’t affect the players when we had 8 pre snap penalties.
0060E39B-F6A4-4AF6-A7AC-D178B9FEB26D.jpeg

I read somewhere else from someone at the game they were playing crowd noise through the loudspeakers to make it sound louder than it was...He said he was close to a speaker and heard it himself. This poster makes all games home and away so he's pretty accurate.

They are the worst fan base in the SEC. They are complete clowns. Barking at kids and teenage Vol fans. Flipping our band the bird. They have some weird superiority complex, too, as if Knoxville doesn’t sh*t all over Athens. What an overrated town that is. Just a bunch of bars, knick-knack shops and gas pumps. No building in sight built after 1970. Knoxville has all the bars Athens does, plus a bunch of corporate offices and a legit downtown. The only decent part of Athens was 2 miles west of the Stadium. That’s where Farragut is in Knoxville, so I think you know which place I’m leaning toward as nicer. The only SEC towns I thought were nicer or as good as Knoxville were Nashville (doesn’t really count, because Vandy) and Lexington. The only SEC towns I haven’t been to are Fayetteville and Starkville, so I think I have a pretty decent perspective here.

My daughter is a sophomore @ Miss State. I don’t want her to leave campus alone as many sketchy parts within Starkville. There isn’t a comparison between the two as Knoxville is a lot safer and more vibrant. There are not any bars within walking distance @ State.

It was loud and intimidating but the pressure of being in a big matchup and playing against a team with more talented players that had a major chip on its shoulder played an impact.

Georgia controlled the line of scrimmage and the secondary was relentless.
Accurate

And i was walking down at field level during Hooker's interception when UGA fans started getting louder and during other key moments as i prefer walking around to sitting.

Let me just say this. That UGA decibal noise is a bit bogus.

It was loud but it was certainly not intimidating level loud nor that hostile of a place. Sanford Stadium has a lot of openings and doesn't trap sound as well as Neyland imo. It felt just like being at a Braves game or something to me.. Certainly nothing like Neyland.

I saw some of our players are actually using the crowd noise as an excuse and feel like that's BS. UGA fans are having a field day with this saying their stadium is so much louder and mire hostile than Neyland blah blah blah.

I was on the field level. It simply was not that loud.
Totally agree. The loudest part was the guy announcing the play by play in the stadium PA sx.

I wonder if these grown barking people left any doo doo in their seats? Lol jk

I’m sorry but you can’t say the crowd forced all the false starts. We had wide receivers and tail backs moving early. That’s just poor discipline.
Now the ones on the offense of line sure.

It was loud and intimidating but the pressure of being in a big matchup and playing against a team with more talented players that had a major chip on its shoulder played an impact.

Georgia controlled the line of scrimmage and the secondary was relentless.
Nailed it, brother. :cool:

I was there in the lower bowl. It was deafening. Talked to a TN fan there who also attended the TN/AL game. He said Sanford was louder. Neyland is loud but not THAT loud. Crowd noise a huge factor in the game. Their student section must be #1 in college football. Gates opened 2 hrs before kickoff. There was a line of students long enough to wrap around the outside of Neyland. We got in 90 min before kickoff. Stadium mostly empty but that section (they allot many more tix to students) was packed and going nuts

Reactions: A_D_
I actually couldn’t care less who’s stadium gets louder but an acoustical engineer (my son in law is one) can EASILY explain how the sound escapes through opening in that stadium. One of the main reasons Neyland is so much louder is simple acoustical trapment. I personally find it kinda silly debating which fan base screams louder 😂😂.

Reactions: happy-go_vol
All I know is that it was loud enough to rattle our offense especially the OL. Think I saw the right tackle stand and look back at the QB so he could know the ball had been snapped. Again loud enough to be a problem.

Yes. I have been to two games there in years past. The stadium simply is not built to hold sound. Basic physics...the sound waves go right out that low area of seating. The db numbers on their scoreboard were fake as Luke Bryan.View attachment 511455

Bravo on the Luke Bryan reference. Computerized Vocals. And throw Tim McGraw in there too. No talent "Superstars".

Reactions: Jax_Vol
Georgia won. They were very motivated by the ranking diss. Kudos to them. Noise was a big factor. 9 penalties by UT and 7 were procedure calls. Neutral venue will definitely make for a closer game. Let’s win these last 3 and look forward to a possible rematch.

VN Store

Back