I want a homer

I would rather have an unbiased announcer than a Larry Muson. He was obnoxious and annoying! John Ward was the man. He was unbiased yet exciting.

I want a radio play by play announcer that is 100 % homer for the Vols. I want him to say our and us and we when describing Tennessee on the radio. I want him to say them and their when talking of the other team.. I want him to sound disgusted and mad and unimpressed when describing another school and ecstatic if not orgasmic when the Vols have success. I want him to be hated by visitors and loved by all VFLs and I want him to be great at his craft. I also want him to meet todays culture and not the Cracker Barrel culture of the past.(Yes they do have great food, but) Is this person out there?

I actually agree. I value a Swiss announcer on national broadcasts, but not so much on local.

For example, I love Predators play by play man Pete Weber, but it baffles me when he raises his voice in excitement when the other team scores.

I would rather have an unbiased announcer than a Larry Muson. He was obnoxious and annoying! John Ward was the man. He was unbiased yet exciting.

I liked Munson. Thought he may have been even better doing Falcons play by play than UGA.

Keeling is fine. He's just not a classic radio guy like Ward was. There just aren't many of those around anymore.

They are the worst ive ever heard. They would be much better suited calling Monday Night Raw

That's a perfect description. Todd Ellis sounds perpetually stuck in a bad Jim Ross impersonation.

Fire Kesling and add John Wilkerson. Wilkerson is great at doing baseball games. I'm sure he knows football. How about him and Pat Ryan?

Scott Howard at UGA does a good job right up until there's a big play. At which point he speeds up and screams the call like a complete goober.

I want someone other than mush mouth Bob and the most negative color analyst that exists. I am having a hard time understanding who makes some of the hires in the Athletic Department when it comes to radio and tv. It's like they draw straws or flip a coin.

I want someone other than mush mouth Bob and the most negative color analyst that exists. I am having a hard time understanding who makes some of the hires in the Athletic Department when it comes to radio and tv. It's like they draw straws or flip a coin.
I think people are too hard on Bob, but I agree about the color commentary. It's awful.

Larry Munson sounded like a gravely voiced drunk you find in a bar at 2 AM & don't get started on that UF fool who continually voices 'oh my' after almost any play. IMO they have reigned in Tim Priest. He used to be able to voice his deep dislike for Vandy, etc. b4 he was the every game color guy. A George Cafego type of guy.

I also can't argue the color commentary, but Bob Kessling really isn't that bad. It's funny how many old Ward broadcasts I've listened to where he gets a free pass with all the players he got wrong, calls he got wrong, etc. It's backup qb syndrome. If Ward replaced Kessling instead of the other way around, I bet Ward would get quite a bit of crap from this place.

Also, Bob is actually pretty good on basketball.

Reactions: 1 person
Fire Kesling and add John Wilkerson. Wilkerson is great at doing baseball games. I'm sure he knows football. How about him and Pat Ryan?
The only problem with that is that I think the only person that can fire Kesling is Kesling! The way I understand it is that he owns the broadcast company.

I want a radio play by play announcer that is 100 % homer for the Vols. I want him to say our and us and we when describing Tennessee on the radio. I want him to say them and their when talking of the other team.. I want him to sound disgusted and mad and unimpressed when describing another school and ecstatic if not orgasmic when the Vols have success. I want him to be hated by visitors and loved by all VFLs and I want him to be great at his craft. I also want him to meet todays culture and not the Cracker Barrel culture of the past.(Yes they do have great food, but) Is this person out there?
I know it was at the end of your post but you lost me at the Cracker Barrel having good food part.

Honestly, one of the reasons I loved John Ward is that he didn't fit this description at all. Georgia's announcer Larry Munson precisely fit this description and I couldn't stand listening to him, even when I was rooting for UGA (e.g. vs Florida).

John Ward >>>> Larry Munson

Larry was the announcer for Vanderbilt before he moved to Atlanta to be part of the Atlanta Braves broadcast family. That did not work out very well and Georgia hit him as their broadcaster. His dislike for Tennessee carried over from hid days with Vandy.

This would be better than Kesling. Can we get this guy?

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HW4J-RiCZ2Q[/youtube]

VN Store

Back