I think we’re DONE here...

Think it’s past time for Vol fans to realize that big money and big egos have poisoned what we know and love about Big Orange Football. And sadly, it doesn’t look like it’s returning any time soon.

Nailed it. Until Haslam is out we'll be in shambles. I'll never stop being a Big Orange fan though.

Reactions: 1 person
Then gtfo. I'm so tired of ppl talking about how they r done if UT hires so and so, etc. Support the university or gtfo. I'm tired of seeing all the whining.

Would you like to know who else has been saying something similar?

Take a close look at the man bringing the pain in your avatar.

Just read my number one Norvell is being contacted by Arkansas. Also Venebles. Our ship is sinking fast. When the ship is hit, ppl jump, when it is hit 10 times and flooding, ppl bail. That's how it is. I'm so tired of it all. Thank the good lord this season is over. And to think, I actually eagerly waited 9 months for this!

Stadium renovations are a moot point if you're not filling seats. PAY FOR A SOLID COACH

Gary Patterson
Bobby Petrino
Mark Dantonio
Mike Leach

I fear so as well. We told the administration we were tired of mediocrity and they said so are we. Instead of hiring a coach to restore us to our place as a historic SEC power we will get one that will be lead us to even worse futility.

Good luck paying for that $340 million Neyland renovation when the stadium is half full. Have they already forgotten how bad I got financially when Dooley was here and fan support was dwindling?

Currie is incompetent. Davenport is clueless. I fear that we are seeing the death throws of our beloved program. If this is true I can't stomach pulling for another college team. I will just stop watching, buying merchandise, and buying tickets.
Hey I live in Tri Cities as well. Might start going and supporting my Bucs next season and may make it to some Appy State games. Time for change for me if they are this stupid at Tennessee.

I'm a Clemson fan/alumnus but I'm also a Tennessee fan (lived in Clarksville, TN for 8 years when stationed at Fort Campbell). I attended the Tennessee vs South Carolina game at Neyland Stadium this year with some retired Army friends of ours (Tennessee alum's) that live in Kingston. Anyway, I feel for you guys right now because your AD appears to be an idiot.

Butch Jones was dead man walking for half the season and this hiring process should have been a well prepared and executed plan the moment the regular season ended. It's not like this was all some big surprise...

Good Lord I hope Tennessee doesn't go for Dave Doeren. As much as I want Doeren out of the ACC, I surely don't want him at Tennessee. That guy is a bush league crybaby that does nothing but make whiner excuses when he looses. Just watch his press conference after he lost to Clemson this year. Dude is a first class douche...

I really wish David Cutcliffe would reconsider as he understands Tennessee probably better than any active coach right now.

One out of the box guy that I don't hear anyone talking about is Neal Brown (Troy Head Coach). He is a young guy that is proving to be a good coach. His last two seasons at Troy have been 10-3, 9-2 and even beat LSU in Baton Rouge this year. He gave Clemson quite a scare in Death Valley last year. Not a big name hire but imagine he could have Tennessee on the rise in short order with the resources/talent at Tennessee.

Then gtfo. I'm so tired of ppl talking about how they r done if UT hires so and so, etc. Support the university or gtfo. I'm tired of seeing all the whining.

Wake the hell up, people are trying to voice their opinions out loud and people like you tell them to shut up. Then people say fine, if this is the direction they want to go then in done and you tell them to shut up. What the hell are people supposed to do then? Maybe you enjoy rank and file; getting bent over the table by the TN AD but it doesn't meant everyone has to be a little biatch like you are. If you want to just support Currie and the people that has made the decisions that has led us to this point then you need to get your head examined. You clearly like participation trophies then

I don't think volnation is being unreasonable for wanting the hire to be a decent coach and person. That is basically all that is needed to have the support of 90% of the fanbase.

We are done because Currie has botched this hire. He waited 4 days on Mullen who never really wanted to come to UT. He tried to hire a guy (Schiano) that covered up for Sandusky (we think). And then made an offer to Brohm he could not back up. Currie is an idiot plain and simple. No good coach will come to UT because it is dysfunctional to the max right now in the athletic department.

Currie is imposing his own brand of the NCAA death penalty on our program.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Blindly following the choices made overly paid nitwits that don't know jack about football is not supporting the University. Calling them out on their bs is!

Currie could drag any random bum out from under a bridge, give him a shave and shower and throw some orange pants on them and idiots like this would think it's the second coming of Jesus Christ himself. DEMAND BETTER!

I am tired of seeing the University of Tennessee look like a shambles of degrading feces. Whining is too little. It's just about time for Currie to understand he must stop looking at see through toilet tissue to try to wipe up this mess!

Sorry, but many of us are if they F this up again. Just done with this incompetence

I don’t care so much who the coach is if the team is competitive and moving forward. But how in hell is any fan suppose to accept an AD that uses the terms, “expensive and explosive,” then absolutely CHOKES. I don’t think that’s about whining. I think it’s the new reality.

He was right about being explosive, it did blow up.

VN Store

Back