I think our WR are not well coached

In his presser, CBJ mentioned several times the dropped passes; but, the spread offense involves the ability to throw the ball downfield. Lots of announcers love the phrase: vertical passing. But, you gotta have a QB who can actually throw the ball downfield.

For all of Mizzou's confusion with penalties and off-sync downs, they had a QB who could throw the ball downfield. It can be a real momentum changer;
when our opponents have that capability in their offensive plans, we lose.

The WRs will develop along the implementation of an offense that includes a QB with vertical passing game. Dobbs is not that QB.:thud:

If we ever have a decent O-Line again, we'll know for sure whether or not it's Bajakian's or not. The question for next year, will be can Mahoney get the O-Line in a decent enough position to be able to determine whether or not Bajakian can actually call a game.

This is the sad state of affairs with this program right now.

He had a line full of NFL talent last year, same result.

In his presser, CBJ mentioned several times the dropped passes; but, the spread offense involves the ability to throw the ball downfield. Lots of announcers love the phrase: vertical passing. But, you gotta have a QB who can actually throw the ball downfield.

For all of Mizzou's confusion with penalties and off-sync downs, they had a QB who could throw the ball downfield. It can be a real momentum changer;
when our opponents have that capability in their offensive plans, we lose.

The WRs will develop along the implementation of an offense that includes a QB with vertical passing game. Dobbs is not that QB.:thud:

You sir may have just posted the dumbest **** I have ever seen on this board. It is hard to throw the ball down the field when your laying on your back. I would like to add, I was at the game. We got out played simply. They are a better football team.
We had a hard time running for 3 yards last night. They keyed Dobbs, and set the edge. Receivers got little separation, when they did the ball was usually there. Too many drops, bad routes. I believe the only knock on Dobbs for me is tucking the ball away. Malone is suppose to be a deep threat, they do not run a lot of deep routes. This is because they Can Not Protect. Period

Hard to believe so many highly rated guys are busts. With all the talk about North, Pearson, Malone Croom I thought Pig would be the odd man out. Turns out he seems to be the only guy that brings it every game. I swear, the other guys don't look like they know where they are supposed to be, get no separation and (most importantly) can't catch

I love our guys, but you make valid points, their growth! But my bigger concern was getting the ball to playmakers and use of these supposed great young TE's. When North was healthy, he gets 3 to 4 targets a game. Now that is inexcusable.

This is complete Horseshat.... WR's can't have separation when the whole plan breakdown due to no pass protection.

You sir may have just posted the dumbest **** I have ever seen on this board. It is hard to throw the ball down the field when your laying on your back. I would like to add, I was at the game. We got out played simply. They are a better football team.
We had a hard time running for 3 yards last night. They keyed Dobbs, and set the edge. Receivers got little separation, when they did the ball was usually there. Too many drops, bad routes. I believe the only knock on Dobbs for me is tucking the ball away. Malone is suppose to be a deep threat, they do not run a lot of deep routes. This is because they Can Not Protect. Period

thank you, Sir; hope those young men are learning the First Amendment while they're attending school.

Hey Big Al,
just saw on another posting you were the guy who took a header out of the first row????
sorry man, I should have considered the possible head injury in responding to your previous tirade. Put an ice pack on it; helps preserve the few brain cells. Appreciate your in-person assessments.:whistling:

they say our offensive playcalling is limited because of the oline. some of this is true from what ive seen, but on the last couple of drives we moved the ball very well through the air. mizzou did nothing different on defense, they brought the same 4 down linemen the entire time, and spied with the LBs. the play calling was terrible, too many swings, and screen passes. from what ive seen it looks like the playcalling is limiting the offense's production. also the Wr's looked under coached. No jukes, fakes or aggressiveness, to help throw the Dbs off. i have thought this all year about the Wr's. the playcalling doent take advantage of the size and speed of the wr's we have. they would rather throw dink and dunk passes. gotta throw in that nobody on the Oline would start anywhere in D-1, they looked terrible last night in every aspect.

VN Store

Back