I say we pound the rock

I mean we have been run heavy both games so far.... So why is this even worth a thread?

Just because Kentucky ran all over them and because the media stated we could punish them on the ground?

Reactions: Bjorn_Yesterday
Banks hits the hole hard and fast. TWSS. I think he will get more and more carries due to our Off Line inability to sustain blocks.

I believe FLA gave up over 200yds rushing against Charleston Southern?!? Would think we can gash them!!! :cool:

200w.gif

snl-saturday-night-live-snl-2016-l0HlFZ3c4NENSLQRi

Last edited:
Reactions: Volanta
What's plan B when, midway though the second quarter, Florida has forced a fourth straight three and out from UT's pound the rock strategy? UT isn't likely going to "pound the rock" on too many teams this year. This isn't 1998, 2001, or 2004.

Reactions: VollerNbham
I mean we have been run heavy both games so far.... So why is this even worth a thread?

Just because Kentucky ran all over them and because the media stated we could punish them on the ground?

Because Iā€™ve watched fla play twice and know we can run all over them.

I believe FLA gave up over 200yds rushing against Charleston Southern?!? Would think we can gash them!!! :cool:

200w.gif

snl-saturday-night-live-snl-2016-l0HlFZ3c4NENSLQRi

If we have seen anything, its that we cannot use what other teams have done as what TH should be able to do. UTEP gave up over 400 yards rushing against UNLV. I think we will be lucky to get 250. And UK has a running QB. That inflates the rushing numbers. We dont have running QBs. Our OL is nowhere near as good as UKs. If we are going to beat UF, its going to have to be through the air imo.

Reactions: VolGirl1126
Against Florida, Kensucky ran all over them

Kentucky has Benny Snell and ignore Trry Wilson at your peril. Benny is a heavy compact RB who breaks tackles or wrecking ball defences alternatively. Plus that KY OL really does their job. So I hope our backs (and OL) can be the wrecking crew you imply.

18bc898749c800328af8c2f7a0d843ff--marvel-villains-marvel-comics.jpg

Pains me to say it but Kentucky may have a better O line than we do. We certainly didnā€™t own ETSU in the run game. We should have had 300 on them.

Against Florida, Kensucky ran all over them
We have the ability to pass. Donā€™t know why, but seems it takes awhile to get our rushing going, which is ok as long as we get Jennings and Calloway invileved early to spread the field. Pruitt mentality will win out vs UF. Book it. Colorado st will be intersting this week vs UF. I like where we are at...keep getting better. Pruitt pulls no punches.

VN Store

Back