I Remember.......

@ZZ13 And I was in Athens watching the Hwy 31 trailer park get hit twice within 2 hours. Was about 4 miles S of our house.
I was in Athens Alabama for that. My mother, my sister,and myself were hidden in a closet under the stairs as my dad held a mattress over the door with his feet pressed aginst the wall. The tornado took the top floor off the house. We moved to Chattanooga to the house they still live in shortly after that.

We lived near the draw bridge to Decatur. Dad had a golf cart at swan lake. The cart shed got hit and took everything except his cart. Crazy

I was in Athens Alabama for that. My mother, my sister,and myself were hidden in a closet under the stairs as my dad held a mattress over the door with his feet pressed aginst the wall. The tornado took the top floor off the house. We moved to Chattanooga to the house they still live in shortly after that.

We lived near the draw bridge to Decatur. Dad had a golf cart at swan lake. The cart shed got hit and took everything except his cart. Crazy
@Orangeslice13 So you know the trailer park that I'm talking about. Just south of Tanner on the East side of Hwy 31. We had friends there that lost everything....except for his MG which didn't have a scratch on it. It just blew mud between the windows and the top.

So you know the trailer park that I'm talking about. Just south of Tanner on the East side of Hwy 31. We had friends there that lost everything....except for his MG which didn't have a scratch on it. It just blew mud between the windows and the top.
I do.
I was very young but remember the place pretty well.

Carol's hamburgers were 13 cents. They had a gravel parking lot. Teenagers liked Carol's. Had to be quick if one spun the tires, lest you be hit by flying gravel.

McDonald's opened on the other side of the street. They had 15 cent hamburgers and a paved lot. They had national advertising in popular magazines. Soon, they put Carol's out of business.

I remember visiting Armstrong College in 1969. I was invited into a house by a hippy couple and heard The Band's self-titled album for the first time.

I remember visiting Savannah, GA in the early '60s, riding bicycles to the corner stores with 15 cents, getting the latest Marvel comic book and three Mary Janes... Never could make the Mary Janes last through the entire comic.

Reactions: joevol33
I remember taking a big sheet of plastic and laying it in the bed of my 84 Ranger, filling the bed with water and letting the kids play in there. While I drove around town. I remember going trough the drive thru at Wendy's and the kid there thought it was great. I also remember having to stop quick and forgot the back window was open. Ahh the 80's...

I remember visiting Savannah, GA in the early '60s, riding bicycles to the corner stores with 15 cents, getting the latest Marvel comic book and three Mary Janes... Never could make the Mary Janes last through the entire comic.
Hippy

thomas_hawk_flickr_0.jpg

VN Store

Back