I Really Wish...

Anyone else think that Tony Harris would thrive under CBP?

For that matter, all of Jerry Green's teams would thrive under CBP....

This team is depressing. It's amazing that CBP has recruited guys that do not fit his style of play.

That doesnt make any sesne. Why would a coach recruit players that dont fit his system?
They are called Freshman give them time.

I would argue that Chris Lofton and Dane Bradshaw didnt fit his system but he adjusted. He has said from day one he likes the lenghty atheletic player and that is pretty much what he has recruited.

While we're in a discussion of our press defense, I've got a question I've been wanting to ask.

A lot of times after a score our team will set up what looks like a press, then immediately let one guy get the ball and back off into a half court d, not even making an attempt to stop that first pass. Why?

While we're in a discussion of our press defense, I've got a question I've been wanting to ask.

A lot of times after a score our team will set up what looks like a press, then immediately let one guy get the ball and back off into a half court d, not even making an attempt to stop that first pass. Why?

The first pass is from out of bounds, this is the one they are trying to get. Previous Pearl teams pressed the issue and continued to stay in the press. This team seems to gamble and miss too much, may be why they back off.

Bruce would use the upcoming break to look at some film of John Chaney's teams at Temple and Jim Boeheim's championship team at Syracuse. I honestly believe the best option for this team is to become a halfcourt zone defensive team. Sure, throw the press as a changeup, but don't expect this team to live off of turnovers. I just can't see this team becoming an effective man to man defensive team, either. Being a staunch member of the Church of Bob Knight, I feel a bit queasy calling for the use of zones. However, you have to play to your personnel occasionally.

Good call on the halfcourt zone defense. I think that with this team's length and athleticism, the Tarkanian "amoeba" defense might be a good fit for our personnel. Just a thought.

VN Store

Back