I NEED YOUR FEEDBACK....

Volunteer

We are contemplating putting the show back on. Here are some pointers:

Last year we started once the football season was pretty much over.
Being the maiden voyage of the show, it was less than perfect (I listened to the first one the other day, wow...we stunk it up)
We were too informational and less entertaining, by the time our show was delivered, you guys had already heard two days worth of number crunching and less opinion.
We couldn't pay people to use the call-in line and at least leave a voice mail.
Our downloads steadily decreased even with the excellent basketball season.

Why do I say all of this?

First, we have learned from our mistakes.
Second, our focus will be more on the entertainment side
Third, if we don't get this board involved more in the show, it won't be worth it.

People, VolNation is heating up right before football season as it always does, there are a tremendous amount of hits on this site every day and we want to provide something that a lot of boards out there don't have...an Internet Radio Show. It is something that we want to do but only if you guys want it.

I need responses to this thread on whether or not you guys want us to start it back up, whether you will actually call in to the voicemail and what you guys want to hear. If we don't get much of a response, we may decide its not worth the time.

If you have no idea what I am talking about or listened to the show at all last year, I'll ask Freak to post a couple of links to download the show.

Myself and Jay Hizzy really want to do this but we need to know if you do.

Get back to me.

Don't know. UT going 5-6 last year didn't help build your audience though.

I didn't really listen last year, partially due to a horrid season. Give it another shot. :D

All valid points Volunteer. Think of last season's shows as spring drills. I think you'll do better during the season. But the key to the show is give us a viewpoint from a real vol fan's perspective. No BS, none of the Knox News-Senseless nonsense. Just straight up vol attitude. Make a statement.

Bring back the podcast. Like you said, you all started it at the end of football season last year. Give it a shot during the season this year at least.

I didn't get on the boat till one of the final ones...however, i'm all for it and promise to call in.

I don't know if I could be any help, but if you need a person who likes to talk about sports, I can contribute. :D

Invent a few characters like Big Mike (small Mike's Dad) and have them do a little parody.

You should pick controversial posts, call people out, and ask them to answer specific questions about what they posted. Often, posters don't have the time to further explain themselves.

If you start during football season I think you will see a big difference in participation.

Sorry to bump this one up guys, and I appreciate everyone's feedback but I was hoping for a little more response...

I know it's out of your control, but I think more call ins would help. Also, it was a little long at times last year, but all things considered, I thought it was well done.

I suggest you bring back that kid who predicted the huge win at Texas. He could do a gambling segment. :biggrin2:

I looked forward to them myself, and found them entertaining. I think if the call ins pick up itd be a great boost to the show. The 1 time I tried last time technical difficulties dumped me and LIO if I recall correctly, so I'll try this time to support the show more often. I do think your being a little tough on yourselves, the show I felt needed tweaking but was overall pretty good. I'm also wondering if other SEC team fans with opposing viewpoints on the Vols season might add some hot sauce to the show. Thanks :hi:

VN Store

Back