I need someone to talk to :(

RT, as a person who has battled depression/addiction/mental illness I feel like I need to tell you that you are doing the right thing by reaching out. Volnation and the Vol family are known for being obnoxious and split over many issues, but at the end of the day if one of us is in need we almost always rally behind each other and do what we can for each other. Many on here have written outstanding advice and words of encouragement and that makes me proud to be a part of this extended family.

That said, please seek professional guidance. So many people are afraid of talking to a therapist or mental health professional because they think only "crazy" people do, but depression is a real and tangible ordeal that can often be helped with therapy and/or medication. There is no shame in it if you are able to get it. We will all be happy to talk with you about anything you are dealing with brother. But if you can take the next step and seek the help of a professional I truly think it would do you some good.

I'm still not right in the head and likely never will be completely sane, but the professionals who've helped me along the way have helped me beyond what I can express on a forum. Either way, we care about you and will be here to talk as long as you are in need. We love you man and always remember that when it seems like happiness is impossible it never is. Things will get better with time and work.

Reactions: 6 people
Let me know if you want to talk...Maybe we could meet up on hangouts or another app like that and have a conversation

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 person
We are here for you - as dysfunctional as we may be, when it's VolNation family hurting, we all hurt. You've gotten good guidance from many posters here. Hugs.

RT you are doing Gods work by takin care of your aunt. Keep talking to people about it and stay with your family, let the LEOs do their job and stay in touch with God.

As you stay strong your family will too, praying for y'all my friend.

Prayers for you brother. We're here for you. Every family has a "Floyd Jenkins." God knows mind does...

Prayers for you and your family. There is no reasoning that justifies such cruelty...you just have to keep on walking, brother. Never give up! We will walk with you, but Jesus is a friend that sticks closer than a brother! You can count on Him and us.

Reactions: 2 people
If you have "nothing but family " you have EVERYTHING. Lot of people with material things and no one to love would trade with you in a nanosecond. Hope the authorities catch the scum that destroyed just to destroy, but keep your eyes on what's really important. :good!:

Sage advice for all of us, butchna. Good stuff, my friend...

Woke up to threatening text messages from a texting app. What can they do?

They didn't mention their name but the detective said he will figure it out. He took everyone's phone in the house and went through it

After loosing my dad at age 15 unexpectedly I too was in a whirl wind of emotions. Then I remembered two things. First was something my dad always said, "tough times don't last, tough people do." And also 2 Timothy 1:7 "For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and sound mind." Depression somtimes derives from fear and that's when I began to realize the lessons I directly, and indirectly, learned from my dad and I began to no longer fear as much, thus helping in my depressive state. Time heals loss, eventually the tears you shed while remembering will go from those of grief to those of laughter at the good and funny times you had together, and as Butchna stated, "If you have "nothing but family " you have EVERYTHING". I hope they catch the piss ant who brought this sadness on you and yours, but remember, you have your family and although some things can't be replaced, your family is irreplaceable. God Speed RockTopper.

Reactions: 3 people
You will still have the good memories, trust me. It may take you a little time to get over the hurt, but those good memories will still be there.

Woke up to threatening text messages from a texting app. What can they do?

They didn't mention their name but the detective said he will figure it out. He took everyone's phone in the house and went through it

Anyone heard from RT? this was his last post.

Hey y'alll. Been busy. But I'll be posting a picture later today that I'll need help on. We set up deer cameras and we got someone on it but the picture is blurry.. any ideas on how to clear it up?

Hey y'alll. Been busy. But I'll be posting a picture later today that I'll need help on. We set up deer cameras and we got someone on it but the picture is blurry.. any ideas on how to clear it up?

Depends on how blurry it is. Go ahead and post it.

Last year I lost my nana too lung cancer.. she raised me for 14 years. The night before her passing I told her I loved her and she didn't say it back. Two nights ago I had a dream inehich she appeared. Her soft spoken words told me to keep my family close. Mind you, on her year of passing My fiancé and I had a miscarriage. Life's been rough. Well, last night someone had set my SUV on fire and my barn. I had well over $20,000 worth of stuff inside my barn. I don't care about it though it's the memories that was made in that barn with my papaw that kills me and my nana rushing us to finish up tinkering on cars to come and eat supper. I'm at a loss for words. How could someone be so cruel! The SUV was parked on the car port. If I didn't hear my dog barking outside I'm sure the house would have went up in flames. I have nothing but my family now. That's more than enough. The pain is sending me into a deep depressed mode.

I've had good times and I've had bad times...I found there isn't much difference between them if you just focus on appreciating what you have. Your kids are going to remember you for how you take care of them through all of this. Not many people have a chance to be a true hero, but I'd say getting your family through this qualifies. Stay strong, brother.

Hey guys, Any of you guys have garage stuff for sale? Luckily the insurance covered most of everything. We've been doing a lot of cleaning.

VN Store

Back