I must be watching a different team

I mean, they lost to Utah. I don’t see how anyone could say Florida was a bad team based off a single game.
Well Utahs 10th & UT is 21st & ppl on here, our own fan base is saying we’re horrible & UF is 22nd only loss to 10th Utah & they said we got beat by a terrible UF team🎈. So I guess everyone is horrible or terrible by the legions of the miserable except the #1 team . It’s just funny sometimes watching all these exaggerations 🤣

You can't compare games like that.

UGA beat UT Martin 48-7
Houston Christian beat UT Martin 66-7

The logic some of you are using implies Houston Christian is a better team than UGA.

Bama beat USF 17-4
Western KY beat USF 41-24

I guess Western KY > Bama.

And Western KY beat Houston Christian 52-22, who beat UT Martin 66-7 ... so at +30 to that amount and UGA is just really bad is now < Houston Christian and Western KY.
I was replying to a post.
Scroll back up.
I drew no such conclusion.

Well Utahs 10th & UT is 21st & ppl on here, our own fan base is saying we’re horrible & UF is 22nd only loss to 10th Utah & they said we got beat by a terrible UF team🎈. So I guess everyone is horrible or terrible by the legions of the miserable except the #1 team . It’s just funny sometimes watching all these exaggerations 🤣

We could be undefeated and ranked number 1 and because of who the starting QB is, some would still say we are terrible. Sometimes I think I just need to avoid this board completely during football season. Too many coaches in here.

Reactions: 24/7vol and KTrain
UTSA jumped one of those WR screens. You can count on an SEC opponent doing it and getting one at some point.
Fortunately, the UTSA DB wasn’t ready for one of Joe’s rockets. Joe’s velocity might save a few interceptions this season?

Last edited:
You can't compare games like that.

UGA beat UT Martin 48-7
Houston Christian beat UT Martin 66-7

The logic some of you are using implies Houston Christian is a better team than UGA.

Bama beat USF 17-4
Western KY beat USF 41-24

I guess Western KY > Bama.

And Western KY beat Houston Christian 52-22, who beat UT Martin 66-7 ... so at +30 to that amount and UGA is just really bad is now < Houston Christian and Western KY.
Where did you get that houston christian beat UT Martin? I just looked and houston lost to UT Martin 66-7

All this talk about playing our best qb I understand but Nico goes in he needs to pass basically every down. We are about to get steam-rolled in the SEC with our passive no confidence passing attack. Pass downfield, throw some interceptions, learn.....................get better , much tougher games coming up. Kind of like telling a pitcher to throw strikes every pitch without practicing learning on the field.

Hate to tell you, but you are agreeing with my in-game observations of UF-UT. There were very few deep pass plays called and one or two worked. UT's offense could not sustain drives with plays in 4-6 yard chunks.

In particular when UT got the ball back before the half with 2 minutes or so there was no effort at the long ball. A lot of run plays and the clock wound down. Why not heave it 40 yards with 40 seconds left? An interception there is as good as a punt and the clock runs out anyway. If it completes or there is a penalty at least a FG is on the table.

Truly inexplicably conservative, imo.

Hate to tell you, but you are agreeing with my in-game observations of UF-UT. There were very few deep pass plays called and one or two worked. UT's offense could not sustain drives with plays in 4-6 yard chunks.

In particular when UT got the ball back before the half with 2 minutes or so there was no effort at the long ball. A lot of run plays and the clock wound down. Why not heave it 40 yards with 40 seconds left? An interception there is as good as a punt and the clock runs out anyway. If it completes or there is a penalty at least a FG is on the table.

Truly inexplicably conservative, imo.
Sustaining drive is hard when you have to convert 1st and 15 on every series. It's also hard when clean blocks are called personal fouls. How much money did you contribute to officals old folks home?

All this talk about playing our best qb I understand but Nico goes in he needs to pass basically every down. We are about to get steam-rolled in the SEC with our passive no confidence passing attack. Pass downfield, throw some interceptions, learn.....................get better , much tougher games coming up. Kind of like telling a pitcher to throw strikes every pitch without practicing learning on the field.
Maybe you haven't watched enough teams

I hate to say it, but Kentucky will probably beat Florida on Saturday. Our loss to them is going to look worse and worse as the season goes along. They have a pedestrian offense this year .... but we made them look like the '92 Cowboys in the 1st half.

It remains to be seen, but I think they're a 5 loss team. Charlotte basically played them as well as we did. They held them under 400 yards, had 3 sacks and limited UF to 2 field goals in the second half.
Did you not think that Napier went to a 4 corners stall in the second half?

It's Heupel's 3rd season ... and he wasn't hired until January 28, 2021. Since there was an early signing period in December of 2020, he didn't have a chance to put much of a class together for '21. Pruitt's best commitments had all reneged and moved on by the end of January. Heupel has had two recruiting classes, which were both limited by self-imposed scholarship reductions in effort to mitigate the looming NCAA sanctions.
Also I will say that Glen Elarbee had to prove himself with Darnell Wright before recruits started buying in. Several projects along the OL in the first two signing classes, but once DW was drafted so high, this cycle has several 4*OL commits.

Sustaining drive is hard when you have to convert 1st and 15 on every series. It's also hard when clean blocks are called personal fouls. How much money did you contribute to officals old folks home?

Even UT fans here are unwilling to blame officials for the outcome.

Joe has thown 1 interception. Why are you making it seem like he throws an INT every game. He is not JG. Joe plays well enough to get a W. Hes just not superman like Hendon. that is all.

I hate to say it, but Kentucky will probably beat Florida on Saturday. Our loss to them is going to look worse and worse as the season goes along. They have a pedestrian offense this year .... but we made them look like the '92 Cowboys in the 1st half.
And we will beat Kentucky. so what do you make of that?

I guess this is kind of beating a dead horse, but it seems crazy to me that so many of you seem to be basically throwing in the towel on this season after four games and one loss. I realize things haven't gone perfectly, but this team still has the potential to have a very good year. Every team on the schedule is beatable imo. There are many areas to clean up, but I think this staff at least has a chance to fix most of it. I'm gonna choose to let it play out and have confidence in these coaches and players. And I don't think this is sunshine pumping.

Reactions: 24/7vol and Freak
They scored 1 TD the whole game. Georgia State scored 41 against Charlotte. I'll be very surprised if UF wins 8, shocked if they win 9.
Vegas pre-season had UF win total at 5.5. We will be pleased with 8 wins and ecstatic with 9. It's all about expectations.

Why would he feel the need to do that against Charlotte?
I believe we were discussing the UT game. However, wat h
Watching the Charlotte game, one can see how thin the UF O-line is and what missing the 3 O-line starters meant.
You may be correct: UK may make it 3 in a row, but the playing calling was so bad in the Charlotte game (rushing plays with 8 in the box) that I genuinely wonder if CBN didn't desire a narrow win.
Don't give up on your Vols. A good team might be outstanding by season's end. The SEC East is still in play.

Even UT fans here are unwilling to blame officials for the outcome.
Oh no. The offside penalties were all on us for sure. We made a ton of mistakes and killed ourselves. It would have been a much more exciting game had the proper calls were made. Florida had a ton of penalties not called. Holding everywhere. Our DL was almost being tackled on every play. I figure we lost 2 scores due to bad calls in the second half. So, had we played clean, we would have won. Had we had cleanly called game, I still think we would have won. Had we shown up in the first half we would have won. Unfortunately, none of those things happened. So you see, most of it was on us...but the officials did contribute significantly to this.

VN Store

Back