I have the solution to the entire immigration crisis

Anybody who read my comment and thought I was for real, should get mental help immediately.

You need to work on your sarcasm. Good sarcasm is obvious yet subtle.

You'll have to forgive me in this instance. We have so many stupid people in this country that it's easy to get lost. See the election and reelection of Obama for reference.

You need to work on your sarcasm. Good sarcasm is obvious yet subtle.

You'll have to forgive me in this instance. We have so many stupid people in this country that it's easy to get lost. See the election and reelection of Obama for reference.

yes sir...indeed correct.

The arguments we make against immigrants today are the same arguments xenophobes made against Italians and the Irish over a century ago. The Irish and Italians helped build this country and contributed to our culture. I don't know what we're so afraid of.

Reactions: 1 person
The arguments we make against immigrants today are the same arguments xenophobes made against Italians and the Irish over a century ago. The Irish and Italians helped build this country and contributed to our culture. I don't know what we're so afraid of.

Because they came here legally?

So you are worried for the sake of the law? If we made it legal for them to flood in, you would be fine with it?

Apparently it is already legal for them to flood in. Which is kind of where we're at right now.

I have zero problems with legal immigration. I have zero problems with anyone from south of the border that wants to come here, be a citizen and become a productive members of society as long as they do it in the established lawful fashion.

I do have serious problems with the way this is going down.

Apparently it is already legal for them to flood in. Which is kind of where we're at right now.

I have zero problems with legal immigration. I have zero problems with anyone from south of the border that wants to come here, be a citizen and become a productive members of society as long as they do it in the established lawful fashion.

I do have serious problems with the way this is going down.

I don't understand your position. So if we let everyone in that wanted to, you would be fine as long as it's documented?

I don't understand your position. So if we let everyone in that wanted to, you would be fine as long as it's documented?

I'm sure there would be caps as there are now. And yes, I have no problems with anyone that wants to come here to make a better life for themselves or their families.

The big problem that is missed and entirely omitted by the politicians (all of them) and the media skimps over it is the fact these people are attempting to escape poverty, crime, disease, gang warfare, etc because of the promise of a better life here. But what actually ends up happening is they bring it along with them. The major difference is the fact they get fed, clothed and housed here by the government which places a huge burden on our already strained system.

But over time, the system will eventually fail and we end up being no better than Honduras or Mexico because the problems they escaped will become apparent here as well.

So I'm all for legal immigration and the controls the government puts on it, yearly caps and things like that. I'm not for a bunch of MS13 thugs hopping the borders that will have as much respect for our laws as they did in their home country.

I'm sure there would be caps as there are now. And yes, I have no problems with anyone that wants to come here to make a better life for themselves or their families.

The big problem that is missed and entirely omitted by the politicians (all of them) and the media skimps over it is the fact these people are attempting to escape poverty, crime, disease, gang warfare, etc because of the promise of a better life here. But what actually ends up happening is they bring it along with them. The major difference is the fact they get fed, clothed and housed here by the government which places a huge burden on our already strained system.

But over time, the system will eventually fail and we end up being no better than Honduras or Mexico because the problems they escaped will become apparent here as well.

So I'm all for legal immigration and the controls the government puts on it, yearly caps and things like that. I'm not for a bunch of MS13 thugs hopping the borders that will have as much respect for our laws as they did in their home country.

That's not an argument against immigration, that's an argument against welfare. Also, there is no proof they are a net burden. A lot of immigrants pay into the system without getting any benefits.

San Diego, El Paso, Phoenix, and Austin (all in border states) are 4 of the 6 safest cities in America (with populations over 500,000). I don't think the crime and gang warfare they bring is what we think it is.

Immigrants Are Less Criminal Than Native-Born Americans - Reason.com

Doesn't make illegal legal.

Despite the romantic notions of "give us your tired, poor, huddled masses" nonsense you read in the history books, many European immigrants were turned away because of disease.

We are now in the 21st century, and, quite frankly, we no longer need millions of immigrants. We're having enough trouble gainfully employing the people already here.

So what's the point in having a border?

If you want to pay for this, go right ahead. But you don't get to force me to pay for it.

The main point to a border is to define geographic boundaries between sovereign nations. I don't think its main purpose is to keep labor out. It's to keep governments and soldiers out.

Pay for what?

That's not an argument against immigration, that's an argument against welfare. Also, there is no proof they are a net burden. A lot of immigrants pay into the system without getting any benefits.

It happens to work for both actually. The figure I keep seeing thrown around is 11 million illegal aliens in this country. And that's not been updated in years, so that number is probably far greater.

And it's impossible to tell if they are a net burden since the numbers are not able to be calculated precisely.

San Diego, El Paso, Phoenix, and Austin (all in border states) are 4 of the 6 safest cities in America (with populations over 500,000). I don't think the crime and gang warfare they bring is what we think it is.

Immigrants Are Less Criminal Than Native-Born Americans - Reason.com

As much as you might think that nobody looks at your links, I actually do. But here's some problems I have with the article:

In fact, the findings in a 2010 study on immigrant populations in America’s larger cities “suggest that growth in immigration may have been responsible for part of the precipitous crime drop of the 1990s.”

May have been certainly isn't the key factor here. And there are more reasons for the crime drop other than just illegal aliens. And the article is reaching for conclusions. I'm not saying they are wrong, but they are taking a huge stretch in trying to dismiss the illegal alien aspect of the crime. It does happen and linked from that same link:

Some have argued that the fall in national crime rates since the early 1990s is evidence that immigration may actually reduce crime. However, overall crime rates are affected by so many factors that it is a very poor way to examine a link between immigration and crime. The 1970s and 1980s saw crime rates rise along with immigration levels.

Immigration and Crime: Assessing a Conflicted Issue | Center for Immigration Studies

As well as some interesting numbers:

DHS states that it has identified 221,000 non-citizens in the nation’s jails. This equals 11 to 15 percent of the jail population. Non-citizens comprise only 8.6 percent of the nation’s total adult population.

The Federal Bureau of Prisons reports that 26.4 percent of inmates in federal prisons are non-U.S. citizens. Non-citizens are 8.6 percent of the nation’s adult population. However, federal prisons are not representative of prisons generally or local jails.

The point being is that the more influx we get of so called "refugees" the greater chances they will bring problems with them like crime, disease and, again, stretch a welfare system to the breaking point. The POTUS already has asked for supplemental funds and has NOT done anything to stem the flow of these individuals north. You can't address the problems without going to the root issue. And our wide open border as well as allowing these individuals to stay on a pinky promise to come back for their immigration hearing is not doing anything to stop the root problem.

The main point to a border is to define geographic boundaries between sovereign nations. I don't think its main purpose is to keep labor out. It's to keep governments and soldiers out.

Pay for what?

Subsidized housing, health care, and education. I'm sure you're aware that 1/3 of all federal prisoners are illegal aliens. Who's paying for that? And since you're an expert on the subject, I'm quite certain you know -- as I do -- that the taxpayers suffer a net LOSS due to illegal immigration. I mean, it's not like any hospitals are closing along the southwest border because illegals are utilizing services to which they're not entitled.

Now, if you'd like to take your hard-earned money and built these people homes, buy their food, and send them to private schools so taxpayers don't have to spend billions each year on English as a Second Language programs, go for it. Nah, you'd much rather force me to hand over some more of my money (I believe Obama calls it my "fair share") to pay for these services.

There would be a huge savings to the tax payers in the long run if we just round up 10 million of the 20 million Illegal Aliens that broke our laws, and deport them back to the third-rate country they came from.

Pay for what?

I didn't think we had jobs. You mean all these folks on welfare are just lazy?

There would be a huge savings to the tax payers in the long run if we just round up 10 million of the 20 million Illegal Aliens that broke our laws, and deport them back to the third-rate country they came from.

Maybe our gov't will use the 102,000 FEMA train boxcars to deport them back. They even have shackles in them.

VN Store

Back