i did not want coach cut as hc but!!

92volalum

they r killing tam and they look extremely prepared. i was just not sure if he could win championships but he has done wonders at duke even better than the old ball coach.

i know its the first qtr..

:peace2:

It took Cut a very long time to get Duke this good.

He may have been successful at UT, but he wouldn't have been able to recruit well enough to get it done in the time given to him.

WOW, Duke's up 28-10 ,early 2nd qtr...I'm happy for Cut, so far. A&M looks a little bit rattled, but I'm sure Cut's hoping Johnny Football doesn't catch fire any time soon.

WOW, Duke's up 28-10 ,early 2nd qtr...I'm happy for Cut, so far. A&M looks a little bit rattled, but I'm sure Cut's hoping Johnny Football doesn't catch fire any time soon.

I think A&M's offense is heating up. Their defense is still awful. This should be an exciting one.

Entirely different set of expectations between here and Duke. Cut wouldn't have gotten 6 years to get to a 10 win season.

He may have been successful at UT, but he wouldn't have been able to recruit well enough to get it done in the time given to him.

If it ment creating a juggernaut that just kept rolling, than I would have been very patient with him. I hope Butch is doing the same.

Allegiance crap, I'm pulling for Coach Cut and Duke. I will also be pulling for Oklahoma. The rest of the SEC will have my support. Happy New Year VN from my little ole corner here in southwest VA.

Reactions: 1 person
I've never been fond of FSU but I detest Auburn. Their flipping our commits over the years has not been an endearing aspect of their personality.

It's DUKE! Let me repeat, DUKE! Of course it took him a while. He'd have much better resources at many other programs.

Reactions: 2 people
Entirely different set of expectations between here and Duke. Cut wouldn't have gotten 6 years to get to a 10 win season.

If TN had any real expectations they would not have hired Derek Fooley:lolabove:

Some really strange comments on here. Cut would have recruited to UT better than to Duke for the same reasons Butch is now. Some folks are clueless as to just how good of a coach Cut is. Not Peyton. That should tell you something. You do not play for him unless you are disciplined and do your job well. Cut would have assembled a top staff. He is a proven commodity in CFB. Had they followed through and hired him after Kiffin we would have been enjoying bowl games a couple of years ago. But Hamilton would not let him bring several members of his staff at Duke - which killed the deal.

This is no surprise. Once Duke improves their facilities as planned this will be a normal occurrence as they improve their roster. A degree from Duke means a great deal in the real world even if you do not go on with your playing career.

Reactions: 2 people
Allegiance crap, I'm pulling for Coach Cut and Duke. I will also be pulling for Oklahoma. The rest of the SEC will have my support. Happy New Year VN from my little ole corner here in southwest VA.

I agree. I don't pull for SEC anymore just because it's our conference. As much crap and trash talk as I've heard from our SEC rivals in the last couple years I don't want any of them to have success. I hope they all have to experience what we have been through the past few years.

Lol @ the people who gargle on Cut's balls but won't give James Franklin credit for turning around Vandy. Can't have it both ways.

I'm not sure it would've taken him 6 yrs here though. Cut's similar to Petrino, he can out scheme with the best of them with inferior talent.

You are pulling for Vandy? Tells me all I need to know about you. C-yA

VN Store

Back