I can’t believe how many people on here are bashing Pruitt for the recruiting class

A quantifiable statement was made. Somehow asking for the facts tjat quantify that statement led to googling math and other nonsense. The fact is that statement cant be quatified and is simply an opinion and that is my point.

You’re hung up on “guarantee” and skip the “practically”. Our own conversation didn’t have the word involved. I merely pointed out that our team was a poorly coached mess last season and yet 3 of our losses were winnable with any kind of execution and others that we weren’t even competitive in would be up for play...examples: Vandy, Mizzou and LSU. It’s not even a leap of faith to like the numbers better. If you want to dwell on GUARANTEES? None in sports. But you already knew that. :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
You’re hung up on “guarantee” and skip the “practically”. Our own conversation didn’t have the word involved. I merely pointed out that our team was a poorly coached mess last season and yet 3 of our losses were winnable with any kind of execution and others that we weren’t even competitive in would be up for play...examples: Vandy, Mizzou and LSU. It’s not even a leap of faith to like the numbers better. If you want to dwell on GUARANTEES? None in sports. But you already knew that. :hi:
So you have evidence that pruitt as a head coach will field a team better than cbj? Please show...

Now before we go off on that, i think he will but we dont know that yet.

So you have evidence that pruitt as a head coach will field a team better than cbj? Please show...

Don't know if I should be speaking here, but a lot of games are won and lost in the fourth quarter when one team gets pushed past their endurance limit and the other does not.

The DC took the blame for this a few years ago.

The new strength and conditioning coach shows this record in his bio:

"In three years at Harvard he oversaw the training for 41 varsity teams including the football team, which won the Ivy League during his final two seasons in 2007 and 2008.

Steve Spurrier hired Fitzgerald at South Carolina in 2009, and the Gamecocks went 7-6, 9-5 and 11-2 in his three seasons as the strength coach and finished in the top 25 in 2010 and in the top-10 in 2011.

Bill O'Brien, who was an assistant at Maryland while Fitzgerald was an assistant strength coach there, then hired Fitzgerald at Penn State, where the Nittany Lions went 15-9 overall and 10-6 in two seasons despite heavy NCAA sanctions, and two years later brought him to the NFL with the Texans."

"In Fitzgerald’s first year with the team, the Texans led the NFL with a seven-win improvement from 2013 and became the sixth team since 1978 to post a winning season following a year in which it won two-or-less games."

So, though it is difficult to get the attribution right, or predict the future - the team should be OK endurance wise in the fourth quarter.

Don’t expect the defense we’ve had for the past five seasons.

The defense the Vols had the first 3 years were better than the ones the last 2 years. Butch blamed the wrong guy for last game failures. He should've looked in the mirror and used 3rd person cliches on himself.

“Evidence”. Do you know where we’re at? Does coaching matter? Talent is hard to measure when it hasn’t been developed properly.

The defense the Vols had the first 3 years were better than the ones the last 2 years. Butch blamed the wrong guy for last game failures. He should've looked in the mirror and used 3rd person cliches on himself.

We had a way of giving up agonizing plays dating back to Fulmer. Jancek’s years were better in comparison but they weren’t up to winning standards.

A quantifiable statement was made. Somehow asking for the facts tjat quantify that statement led to googling math and other nonsense. The fact is that statement cant be quatified and is simply an opinion and that is my point.

I think your wife posted this for you. Its too intelligent and only one spelling error, which I think she made on purpose to make us think it was you.

Reactions: 3 people
“Evidence”. Do you know where we’re at? Does coaching matter? Talent is hard to measure when it hasn’t been developed properly.

What you are saying is true, saying pruitt gaurantees us 7 wins last year is an opinion, which makes his statement inaccurate.

I was right. You were kidding.

He got 8 four star players and if you look at the previous two years we didn't do much better than that. We had a higher recruited class mainly because of numbers which were most 3 star players.

What you are saying is true, saying pruitt gaurantees us 7 wins last year is an opinion, which makes his statement inaccurate.

This is a message board. You’re looking for a science forum.

If that your way to avoid answering your factually incorrect statement, then ok

Did you even read my post in question?

I'm having trouble following what you want me to answer.

I'm not even sure what you are wanting to discuss.

The future or a hypothetical past?

Did you even read my post in question?

I'm having trouble following what you want me to answer.

I'm not even sure what you are wanting to discuss.

The future or a hypothetical past?

You said his offensive game plan gets us 7 games. I asked for you to back that statement up?

You said his offensive game plan gets us 7 games. I asked for you to back that statement up?

My bad. It sounded like you wanted the keys to my time machine.

In my opinion(An established given.), Compared to last year our offense will appear as kaos. I was way too good at guessing our 1st offensive play of the game. I'm not sure what our offense will look like, neither does WVU. That advantage is our 1st win. The element of surprise gets us to 1-0. The next 2 are gimmies by your standard. 3-0. Florida is always a dog fight. They have our # and we still won in 16. I think we are able to save some back for Fl and come out with a big surprise for them scheme wise. Tyson seemed like he has invented an offense at the breakfast. 4-0.

Vandy, Ky, SC and UNC Charlotte. 4 more.

I'm sold on this staff. That's my opinion.

The other 3, I expect CJP and his crew to figure out a way to win. That's why they get paid the big bucks.

Figure it out!

Last edited:
Still a handful a first year coaches who did better than him. This staff is supposed to be elite recruiting. But you’re right ultimately. It’s not time to bash him yet. 2019 should be a top 5 class.

0-8 in the SEC and a horribly ran coaching search by Currie that got national attention. I agree that 2019 is the year we see how great the real recruiters we have in JP and staff.

It's a lot to do with perception and expectation management.

If we had been ranked 35th last tuesday night, and then stole domininck wood anderson from lsu and jj peterson from bama at the last minute, wed be talking more about his recruiting skills and how he saved the class.

Well some would still be pointing out that staying at bama ruined the ESD, and how he had to come in and work hard last minute....but he'd get more positive reviews from us and the media, the early troubles would have been blamed on the first ever ESD and the schiano-leach-every other coach plus witten currie and AD debacle being fresh on recruits minds , etc, the excuses would ring truer, the momentum seem healthier.

Slow starts are forgiven and forgotten more readily than weak finishes.

The net result is the same, but it doesnt feel the same.

Nothing we can do about that.

If we had been ranked 35th last tuesday night, and then stole domininck wood anderson from lsu and jj peterson from bama at the last minute, wed be talking more about his recruiting skills and how he saved the class.

I’ve got a good feeling about those two.

jones's "Super-duper" recruiting classes didn't work out so well.....A real coach recruits those players, he believes will help the team, our team. Let's give him a chance! He just took over the worst SEC team anyone can remember( in terms of yards given, ass kickings taken, etc.)-the worse UT team ever, from the worst coach-ever. This year we will win more games than last year, I'll stand by this. In two years, we'll be a threat in the SEC. We won't have to listen to little jones fan-boys, drooling over an idiot as our head coach, but, we will be able to get back to actually discussing football.:hi:

Last edited:
jones's "Super-duper" recruiting classes didn't work out so well.....A real coach recruits those players, he believes will help the team, our team. Let's give him a chance! He just took over the worst SEC team anyone can remember( in terms of yards given, ass kickings taken, etc.)-the worse UT team ever, from the worst coach-ever. This year we will win more games than last year, I'll stand by this. In two years, we'll be a threat in the SEC. We won't have to listen to little jones fan-boys, drooling over an idiot as our head coach, but, we will be able to get back to actually discussing football.:hi:

Practically unifying. :glare:

VN Store

Back