I am Proud Of Our Boys

So many pessimists...

Listen, I'm tired of saying we put up a good fight, we're young, we're going to develop and get better. Trust me. I lived in Alabama for a good part of the Dooley years.

But there's a huge difference with what we're seeing here.

We're essentially a few penalties (that weren't called), a fumble (that wasn't called), a bigger and stronger receiver not turning around in time to catch a TD, and a dumb play call in the red zone away from having made this a game. Even without the penalties and fumble it would be 24-27.

If I remember correctly we play as many freshmen/RS freshmen on our 2 deep as Oklahoma has upperclassmen on their 2 deep.

So a few mistakes on our young team's part cost us the game. We have an offensive line that is all new and still learning how to pack for a road trip, a young core of receivers, a senior leader, and a stud at running back. We have a coaching staff that is recruiting lights out and is getting this young team close against the #4 team in the country.

I think that's progress. And considering how bare the cupboards were when Jones got here I think Volnation should be happy with that. I also think we now have a shot against some of our SEC East foes, something I didn't think was possible at the beginning of the year.

My two cents. Flame and pessimist on.

I agree with absolutely everything in this post.

Reactions: 3 people
Its sad that people are this desperate to have something positive. This was not a competitive game. At no point after OU made it 20-7. Was it ever remotely in doubt. Almost scoring to cut it to 10 in the fourth quarter is not a close game.

Teams that are far less talented than us upset people. We didn't even cover a huge spread.

I'm very proud of this team. A couple of calls and plays and this game could have been much better. Defense is scary and oline will improve with experience. We have nowhere to go but up and will as this season progresses. Go Vols!

Reactions: 1 person
Game could have been completely different if croom could have pulled that pass in ! Our D played unbelievable for what they were up against. Croom has the worst hands I've seen in a long time. Def needed von tonight

This may be the best team we play all year including bama. Our d did awesome and if not for the late turnovers this could have been interesting. I blame this one on poor play calling late in the game. Hurd can get 1 yard in two triea.

We are definitely on our way back. Went toe to toe with the #4 team on the road with a bunch of freshman. Could of (should of) been a 10 point game in the 4th before the pick 6.

Ran well in the second half too...

I feel much better about our defense, and watched them get better throughout the game with the exception of one run in the 4th.

Its sad that people are this desperate to have something positive. This was not a competitive game. At no point after OU made it 20-7. Was it ever remotely in doubt. Almost scoring to cut it to 10 in the fourth quarter is not a close game.

Teams that are far less talented than us upset people. We didn't even cover a huge spread.

/Yawn

I have no respect for your opinion and here's why: The score of this game appeared lopsided, and for mouth-breathers, that's all they need. Intelligent people who watched this game saw a game that was decided by inches, close calls, and experience. Unfortunately, all the calls, inches, and experience tonight were in OU's favor. But make no mistake, a break here or there, and this would either have been a very close game, or a UT win.

With that said, the better team did win tonight, but they weren't 24 points better. And they wouldn't win 9 out of 10 vs. this Vols team.

Reactions: 4 people
Game could have been completely different if croom could have pulled that pass in ! Our D played unbelievable for what they were up against. Croom has the worst hands I've seen in a long time. Def needed von tonight
Is he still in the cast?

Lots of good tonight, but still the same frustrating results. Didn't expect much different. The pick six returned 100 yards by OU was the only thing (other than that idiotic sweep play that we ran a couple of times for big losses) that really ticked me off.

I'd like to say that I'm more confident that we'll make a bowl, but I'm not. We still need to win against one of our toughest SEC opponents. Florida looks vulnerable, but we pretty much NEVER show up against them, at least not in the last decade. I'm hopeful that Coach Jones will get us going. Either way, I'll be rooting for Tennessee the whole way.

We are definitely on our way back. Went toe to toe with the #4 team on the road with a bunch of freshman. Could of (should of) been a 10 point game in the 4th before the pick 6.

Ran well in the second half too...

Toe to toe? Are you fing kidding me? The blew us out.

I am very proud of them. Justin Worley's toughness was mind-blowing. I think our young team learned quite a bit tonight, and it was a lot closer then what the score showed.

There were a lot of negatives, but there were also positives. If our offensive line can step up, we will be a very good team. Our defense played good considering the competition. There were a lot of very fixable mistakes that would have made this game a lot closer.

I think we are a good football team. A very young team but a good team. I have a question, Are the Gators this bad again or did Kentucky get a lot better with a new young class as well?

You mean in the fourth quarter when it was still a game your crazy I can tell u what that game in Neyland just got scary as **it for Ou

I am very proud of them. Justin Worley's toughness was mind-blowing. I think our young team learned quite a bit tonight, and it was a lot closer then what the score showed.

it could have been a lot closer than what the scored showed... but if you judge it based on the sheer dominance that Oklahoma demonstrated over us on the line of scrimmage it really SHOULD have been a lot worse.

Guys, last year at this time of the season we lost 59-14 to Oregon. Tonight we faced a team of equal talent and lost 34-10. Folks, that is progress. Let the process continue to make progress and stand behind your team! GBO!

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back