Hyams claims AJ Branisel not long with this program

Hyams is such a narcissistic sleeze. He gets off on being the first to report something, as rarely as that occurs. It's like he's over-compensating for being made fun of by everyone in his field.

I swear you all whine and make fun of him when he is late on reporting and then when he is right and the first to report, what do you do? Still complain

Reactions: 5 people
I've not seen Ellis or Stocstill even catch a pass.Bransiel didn't play last year because of injury.He has played well imo when he did play.

Ellis caught some tough passes last year. He also caught the fake FG touchdown against Mizzou

Edit: 6 for 115 for Ellis

Last edited:
I've not seen Ellis or Stocstill even catch a pass.Bransiel didn't play last year because of injury.He has played well imo when he did play.

Just because you haven't seen them catch a pass doesn't mean it didn't happen. Ellis' stats were at least comparable with Branisel

Jimmmmmaaaahhhhh.....

jimmy_grandcanyon_zps539b47b5.gif

Reactions: 4 people
If Jacob Johnson and Neiko Creamer can become good tight ends, it sounds like we will have some pretty good depth.

Other than Ethan, he was our best TE.Not good anyway you cut it.So now behind Ethan we've got walk ons and a LB?

Alex Ellis very famously caught a 30-yd TD pass on a fake punt in the Mizzou game. I'm sure you didn't miss that one, you may just have forgotten it. He had 115 yards off 6 catches on the year. Which is not a lot, but is twice as many catches and about four times as many yards as AJ Branisel had the year he played (year before last).

I've been looking at the TE depth chart as Wolf, then Ellis. And then, I've been seeing Neiko Creamer as the probable third, though it's hard to tell with so little production in the squad outside the two-deep.

Not sure AJ would ever even have broken into the top 3, given the arrival of the two talented freshmen (Eli Wolf and Will Jumper), as well as Jakob Johnson's shift into the position. Pretty sure that thought occurred to AJ, as well, which is how we find ourselves in this thread....

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
It is no big deal now, but if Wolf goes down again everyone will be b*tching.

The depth chart would be Ellis, 1 RS freshman that was brought in as a LB, 1 LB converted to TE recently, and walkons.

Relax folks, we'll be fine.

In case of a emergency we can always put Croom at the TE position and he'll block well and go catch more passes too.

Next man up!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Ugh. 4 years at Tennessee....Croom has not, will not play TE at Tennessee.

Reactions: 3 people
How many tight ends do you need? Gotta count Croom as a big whether he splits out or plays in the slot. We've got 2 committed for next year I believe?

Good luck AJ.

If Jacob Johnson and Neiko Creamer can become good tight ends, it sounds like we will have some pretty good depth.

creamer was brought in as an Athlete. But his most natural skill set is pass catching (High School WR) and using his athleticism. LB was a terrible idea.

Ellis had 6 catches for 115 yards last year which is four times as much as Branisel had the previous year.

3 catches in 10 games does not scream solid pass catching TE. Now if you would've said solid blocking TE....

3 catches 28 yards and 1 TD.

As a Fr.

Maybe he isn't coming along the way they wanted or doesn't think he's being fairly assessed. Who knows for sure....

But his potential as a receiver or blocker wasn't fulfilled in his Fr year.

Based on what? What had he done to put him above the other TEs on the roster? I'm just not sure why this is being made out to be such a big deal

We finally agree on something!

The writing has been on the wall for these guys leaving.

go look at Sabans attrition numbers the first few yrs at bama if you think this is bad. Thats what happens. It sucks for depth this yr but athletically what is this guy gonna do that Creamer cant?

If I am not mistaken, Saban had attrition from players he inherited. I don't recall him having this level of attrition from players he recruited and signed.

Don't blame AJ, really. He sees Ethan Wolf, Alex Ellis, Neiko Creamer, & Joe Stocstill all around him, most in front of him on the depth chart...and then sees young incoming talent joining the squad in the form of Will Jumper and Eli Wolf...and then sees gifted athlete Jakob Johnson shift into the position ... he just read the tea leaves and figured out he probably wasn't gonna get nearly as much play time as he was looking forward to.

So he's off to find a greener pasture with less bulls ripping up the earth. Makes sense, from his perspective. I wish AJ the best, wherever he lands.

What are the rules if a player starts camp? Will he lose a year of eligibility? Could he join another program now?

It just seems a little odd that he would leave in the middle of camp because of competition.

just from this offseason at bama

desherrius flowers
jonathan cook
altee tenpenny
tyren jones

thats 4 guys i know of already without even looking to see who else they may have had. They have had a ton over the years. Thats just part of the game when you recruit well. A couple yrs ago Richt signed a class of 30+ and within about a yr close to 20 of them were gone.

If I am not mistaken, Saban had attrition from players he inherited. I don't recall him having this level of attrition from players he recruited and signed.

Saban didn't have the talent disparity between his first class and the two succeeding...Butch scrapped together that first class with a short window...think Woody Quinn gets recruited nowadays? Thing is Saban doesn't think twice about jettisoning a player if he needs the spot. We all know Butch needs to win at a higher level and this moaning will stop.

I almost left this thread when people were saying that we should give Hyams a break, but then the comparison to what Butch is doing now to What Satan did at Alabuma pulled me right back in. I love Volnation!

VN Store

Back