Hurd's eligibility

He wrecked his personal relationships here with his team mates and coaches. Easier to build new relations than fix these. He can't return.

The only way Hurd would come back is to try to break the all time rushing record, and then I literally think that once he got that record he would walk off the field mid game. That is the kind of guy he is. He is about Jalen, no one else. Coach, teammate, or otherwise.

Reactions: 2 people
I would welcome Hurd back. I believe in second chances and base of what he gave UT he deserves it. Most on here do not understand what it take mentally, emotionally, physically and yes even Spiritually to be a student-athlete. Especially in this day in time when social media is so prevalent documenting your every mistakes for people like us, who has never walk in their shoes to judge. How am I to do that, last I checked that only one man responsibility!

I would welcome Hurd back. I believe in second chances and base of what he gave UT he deserves it. Most on here do not understand what it take mentally, emotionally, physically and yes even Spiritually to be a student-athlete. Especially in this day in time when social media is so prevalent documenting your every mistakes for people like us, who has never walk in their shoes to judge. How am I to do that, last I checked that only one man responsibility!

It's quite possible he had already been given 2nd chances

Reactions: 2 people
If he goes to DII, like UTC, TTU, etc, he can play immediately ....as if!...we care!

No he can't. He has to sit 1 full season (basically a RS YEAR) because he walked away passed the mid point of a season. He is not eligible until fall of 2018.

:-(

TENNESSEEDUKE

He's not why we lost those. It's a team effort

True it's a team effort, but I do put the South Carolina loss squarely on him. His attitude and flat out refusal to go back in the game cost us huge. Had he been playing and giving his all, we wouldn't have had a back up in causing the fumbled exchange with Dobbs. Dobbs got in his face after that on the sidelines and for him to do that says something.

Reactions: 1 person
What if that were your son, would you want fans bashing him.

Sometimes what I want and reality are two different things. I hope he gets things turned around but I'm also going to express my opinion that he made a bat crap crazy decision and cost the Vols dearly. He needs to grow up and accept some responsibility.

The only way Hurd would come back is to try to break the all time rushing record, and then I literally think that once he got that record he would walk off the field mid game. That is the kind of guy he is. He is about Jalen, no one else. Coach, teammate, or otherwise.

Funny. We all used to brag about what a great kid he was. Humble, no show boating, selfless player, and how he gave his all.

I agree - I will be surprised if he plays again.

I didn't care before.

And after further review, the call stands. I still don't care. He quit on his team. I can easily have a little more respect for Arian Foster over Hurd.

Reactions: 1 person
Come on back and make things right Jalen. A few big plays and everyone will not care anymore

I hope he does. One of my favorite Vols ever while he was here. But unfortunately too many bridges have been burned and I don't see any situation where he'd be let back on to the team...

VN Store

Back