Hurd

So how about that Jalen Hurd? :)

I thought he looked pretty solid today. Even though he's too tall to play running back. I kid. I kid.

That extra weight and strength will help him this year. He should get 15 carries a game.

Yeah it is. I wasn't even involved in that dispute. I just think you could have handled it a little more professionally.

bold-move.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
Here is the amazing thing to me to remember about Hurd, Malone, Wolfe, etc... Yhey all should be putting on their tuxes and heading off to their Sr Proms tonight instead of preparing to take ice baths, study film, and try to compete with 22 and 23 year old MEN as 17 year olds... Patience is needed but these guys are going to flat out add to the tradition of Tennessee football.. Now here's hoping that all players have fun tonight but don't do anything boneheaded and continue to mature... Preseason 2014 officially begins in the morning.

Reactions: 8 people
That extra weight and strength will help him this year. He should get 15 carries a game.

I think he should. I'm anxious to see how Scott looks when he gets here. And Young really seems to have impressed some people this spring. He can be an asset as well.

Reactions: 2 people
Here is the amazing thing to me to remember about Hurd, Malone, Wolfe, etc... Yhey all should be putting on their tuxes and heading off to their Sr Proms tonight instead of preparing to take ice baths, study film, and try to compete with 22 and 23 year old MEN as 17 year olds... Patience is needed but these guys are going to flat out add to the tradition of Tennessee football.. Now here's hoping that all players have fun tonight but don't do anything boneheaded and continue to mature... Preseason 2014 officially begins in the morning.
Agree. We have to be patient, as hard as that is.

Hurd is a beast, maybe not a Jamal Lewis beast just yet, but I feel pretty good about our RB's after watching today's game. Was impressed with Justin Pickett as well.

In time Hurd will be a BEAST. Just think Hurd and Malone 6 miles apart during high school days whats the odds that happens again in the state of Tennessee.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Uh what happened in this thread lol apparently internet chemical warfare transpired and Freak scrubbed the contaminated posts clean

Wouldn't it have been easier to just move on or did you just want everyone to see you call out the admin?

I did delete the posts. And I wanted to let everyone know that there's no need for name calling and threats. It's silly. Sorry if you don't agree.

Wow. What a blessing. #sarcasm

I think our RBs have a variety of skill sets to compliment each other. Lane is shifty. Hurd will run you over. And Devrin has quickness in space, maybe best utilized catching passes out of the backfield. Pickett looked like an all around solid back, a jack of all trades, but a master of none kind of back (3.8 ypc and a catch for a 16 yard TD). Probably won't see the field all that much but if pressed into service could be serviceable.

VN Store

Back