Huge snow may affect recruiting

I'm speaking of the people on here who are constantly posting some kind of negativity concerning our football program. People who are searching for reasons to be alarmed or concerned about issues or circumstances that are going to be detrimental to our football program. We have fans who panic over 3 star players, players leaving, potential head coaches once Jones gets fired in three years, etc. etc. sorry man....but this crap gets old. Now we've got concerns that "weather" is going to effect recruiting. Lol. Get real....if a kid is TRUELY interested in our program he will make the effort to reschedule a visit. Do you think it doesn't snow in Michigan, Ohio, and countless other places across the country?

Obviously you didn't really read the op. Not shocking though. I think some people just want to take everything they read as negative whether it is or not.

Last edited:
You're right 24+ snow forecasts are rarely accurate and not just for Knoxville however it is particularly hard to nail a snow forecast here in the valley. I hoping for some rare thunder-snow during the late afternoon/early evening. That's the shiz

We had one in Arkansas 2 weeks ago. It was awesome, lightning and snow like crazy.

We had one in Arkansas 2 weeks ago. It was awesome, lightning and snow like crazy.

It's a rare event but when it happens it's really cool. I saw heavy snow and lightning/thunder for about 30 minutes today so I'm good for this year. Thunder-snow at night is much better then daytime though. Maybe next time

You know what... Letting the recruits see Neyland covered in snow may be a cool experience

Attachments

• 429751_3120602422079_1798468495_n.jpg
    429751_3120602422079_1798468495_n.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: 3 people
Gl, thanks, I drive to Knoxville everyday from here and was concerned about getting back up this mtn. It will be snowy and icy up here a lot when it's raining in Knox. I just got home. It started sleeting around ball camp about an hour and a half ago so I lit out. Sure enough, the ice made my passenger side wiper come off going 70. Luckily I was able to pull over and reattach it. Massive backup eastbound from about Harriman to about 10 miles eastward

Well time to cross the fingers that snow doesn't screw us.

Jaylen Miller is my only real concern for us. Maybe his family will take the long way around instead of through the mountains of NC. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if Charlotte to Chapel Hill got a foot of snow though.

Last edited:
Gl, thanks, I drive to Knoxville everyday from here and was concerned about getting back up this mtn. It will be snowy and icy up here a lot when it's raining in Knox. I just got home. It started sleeting around ball camp about an hour and a half ago so I lit out. Sure enough, the ice made my passenger side wiper come off going 70. Luckily I was able to pull over and reattach it. Massive backup eastbound from about Harriman to about 10 miles eastward

Thank you I appreciate and glad you got home safely. Is it snowing up there now? It is coming down good here where I live. Everything is completely covered up including the back roads. It's certainly beautiful

Last edited:
That system should be out of Knoxville by 9-10pm tonight. May affect folks coming in from NC & VA depending on when they're coming in town, but it should be clear from NC & VA by Friday afternoon.

From what I’m seeing on The Twitters, the team is having a lot of fun with the snow. To be honest, it looks like this could be a real boon for team morale.

As long as they can de-ice by Saturday morning, nobody should really be affected that much.

I just looked at my weather ap on my phone. They're call for snow showers (1-3 inches) this evening and clear skies both Friday and Saturday with a high of 45 and 53 respectively. To the disappointment of my kids, I don't think snow will be a factor this weekend.

Is the weather holding up?

You know what... Letting the recruits see Neyland covered in snow may be a cool experience

What's funny is if this was Michigan, Ohio St or any other school we were fighting recruits for, Tennessee fans would be telling them this is what you have to look forward to at the University of "X"....come to Knoxville where it's beautiful and sunny...

About 6 inches here in Blacksburg, VA. Still coming down pretty rapidly, the flakes are on the large side.

We did read the OP. Serious over reaction as usual. Even in the VA, NC, and SC areas there will be a melt on Friday with the main roads and airports good to go.

You think it's gonna affect norths visit?

Doesn't look like it most of the snow seems to be setting up north of I-40 leaving Charlotte and Chapel Hill in the rain. UNC has a couple guys from Virginia that have already canceled their visits this weekend but they don't impact us in any way.

VN Store

Back