How to resynch login w/ Authenticator app on new phone?

J-P

Ave Christus Rex
Got a new iPhone, transferred all of my MS Authenticator app signins, but it appears the code being given on my new phone does not synch with the VolNation sign-in, so I have to boot up my old phone to get the correct code. How can I resynch the code being given on my new phone?

Got a new iPhone, transferred all of my MS Authenticator app signins, but it appears the code being given on my new phone does not synch with the VolNation sign-in, so I have to boot up my old phone to get the correct code. How can I resynch the code being given on my new phone?
That's a great question. I'll be honest, I didn't even realize you could use authenticator with two-step verification. I've never actually tried it on here.

I would try disabling authenticator on your old phone and then re-enable it on your new phone. Maybe?

Thanks Freak, I'll give that a try and let you know if it works. Appreciate everything you do to provide us with this great forum!

I resolved it and it turned out to be pretty simple. I completely removed the VolNation account from the Authenticator app, went into my security page here on the site, selected the two-step verification Manage button and got to the QR code, then added as a new account in Authenticator by scanning the QR code. Voilâ, works now on the new phone.

Thanks for your time!

Reactions: VolNExile and Freak

VN Store

Back