How thin will UK be

18 game schedule now fwiw. I just don't see it.

i hope your right :)

either way good to be talking bball - i love some bball, not as much as fball but no need to be 1-dimensional

hopefully we can make a good run this year - really excited to see how much Stokes has progressed

Yeah i shouldnt have phrased it like that - they did very well in the SEC - maybe not for KY - but 3rd in conference and winning the conference tourney is doing very well

i would say that team was not as talented as this year's will be

starting 5 was:

5 Harrellson
4 TJones
3 Dmiller
2 Dlamb
1 BKnight

first 2 off bench - Vargas and Liggins

that is not near as talented a team as the one that came before or after it

I think this year's team will be more talented than that one but obviously not as good as last year

still see that as good enough to go something like 13-3 in conference - likely 5 losses overall and be a top 5 team

How can you make guesses at how many conference losses teams are going to have until you know the actual schedules. If UK gets the same kid glove treatment from ESPN like they did last year, then yeah maybe they only lose 3. But if they pull UT, Bama, Mizzou, and Arkansas as their 4 extra games and they actually have to play some of the short rest games everyone else seems to get, then they could lose 6-8 games.

When you're the most desirable team for TV, you get cushy things, like a nice schedule. TV dictates so much in sports.

When you're the most desirable team for TV, you get cushy things, like a nice schedule. TV dictates so much in sports.

Exactly. They are the darlings of the SEC and there is no question about that. They'll get as much help as possible.

Exactly. They are the darlings of the SEC and there is no question about that. They'll get as much help as possible.

It'll start to sway a little once they come back down to earth. All anyone can do is play the hand dealt and make the most of it. Tennessee will get some favorable times/days soon.

I hope. I think the Basketball Gods are still punishing us for the 2 seed we didn't deserve a few years back lol.

Hopefully, we won't get another Thurs. night / Sat. afternoon swing to play KY.

omg win some and you get the same! :whistling:

Take it easy killer lol. The same can be said about 6 or 7 other programs besides Ketucky. None of it is untrue and a lot of Vol fans understand we'll not get the same perks until we have some success.

VN Store

Back