How Much Does the UK Loss Hurt Our Recruiting?

It definitely hurts. As bad as both teams were, UK looked like they wanted to be there more. They were the most excited to play.

It's the apparent trend that will have a bigger affect than this loss. Now time for DD to go into damage control mode.

I say none. They are still KY after all. I would choose UT 10 out of 10 times if I were a recruit. Why? KY just peaked. UT will be back.

I say none. They are still KY after all. I would choose UT 10 out of 10 times if I were a recruit. Why? KY just peaked. UT will be back.

KY peaked? lol I hardly think so. Whether it be Joker and a new staff or a new head coach, UK will do better than that. Not saying they will ever be a power or ever competing for the SEC championship. Say/think what you want; but, 5-7 and 2 SEC wins is not peaking.

I don't think the OP's question was specific to recruits deciding between UT and UK. That said, this loss didn't help any, for sure.

KY peaked? lol I hardly think so. Whether it be Joker and a new staff or a new head coach, UK will do better than that. Not saying they will ever be a power or ever competing for the SEC championship. Say/think what you want; but, 5-7 and 2 SEC wins is not peaking.

I think he was most likely referring to their last few seasons as having peaked, not this one

You know, 06-09

I think he was most likely referring to their last few seasons as having peaked, not this one

You know, 06-09

Gotcha.. And he is likely right until they clean house and pay the big bucks for a coach. Their AD is really pushing football hard right now. Hard to believe considering he is keeping Joker.

VN Store

Back