how many years does Butch get? poll

how many years should Coach Jones get?

• Total voters
So far 95% say 4 or more years

Bravo Volnation!

I was starting to think the vocal minority was the majority... And I was living in the land of morons.

if CBJ competes for east title in next couple of years it wont be how long we give him but how long can we keep him

I believe more of the fanbase may have their eyes on 2016 before the real judgement starts than you are giving credit for.

Dooley's problem (and Fulmer's really) was showing a downward trend and not much faith in the future. If consistent and solid improvement is shown, he will be just fine in the vast majority in fan's eyes.

And assuming we can beat Vanderbilt, I understand we are a 14 point comeback in 2 minutes from getting to a bowl this year.

Also, hasn't the fanbase learned what happens when you have coaching turnover?

I don't think they have. I think most fans are not patient and I think they view fixes as coaching changes. They understand it takes time to change the roster so they only quick change is coaches.

As we see with Florida, difficult to get coaches interested in SEC positions. Lots of pressure in the toughest conference in the country. Elite or very established coaches are not interested in leaving their gigs that pay well and it is easier to win. Why a Michigan job may be more appealing than a Florida or Tennessee position.

I said 3 not because I believe that is all he gets or should get. Just that I think fan pressure / satisfaction / expectations may drive it

4 at the absolute minimum. 5 for me though. If after that time he has proven he's not the guy, the program will be set up to succeed under the next HC.

3 years and wait and see how the 3rd year pans out. He should be winning 9 games in year 3.Anything under that and he should go. With the talent he is recruiting there are no excuses.

VN Store

Back