How Many Vote Democrat for Senator?

Just like McCain votes lock step with the repubs. Is McCain admirable in your eyes?

McCain is working from emotions. Announcing you are not inviting someone to your funeral is off the grid. No longer reality for him. Don't know why he does not step down.

It's not unusual for Rs to break ranks but can you cite the last Dem to do so on a major issue?

They only break ranks when they're told they can by leadership. Usually during an election year.

It's not unusual for Rs to break ranks but can you cite the last Dem to do so on a major issue?

Yea right. It's nice to believe what supports your biases.

Gina Haspel: Senate confirms first female CIA director - CNNPolitics

Haspel was confirmed in a 54-45 vote, the culmination of a roller-coaster nomination that appeared to be in danger at several points after she was abruptly selected by President Donald Trump in March.
Three Republicans opposed Haspel's nomination: Sens. Rand Paul of Kentucky, Jeff Flake of Arizona and John McCain of Arizona, although McCain did not vote because he's battling brain cancer at home.
But Haspel secured enough votes to win confirmation with the backing of six Democrats, including Virginia Sen. Mark Warner, the top Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Seems like more democrats crossed than repubs. And that's just the most recent vote.

Reactions: 1 person
Yea right. It's nice to believe what supports your biases.

Gina Haspel: Senate confirms first female CIA director - CNNPolitics

Haspel was confirmed in a 54-45 vote, the culmination of a roller-coaster nomination that appeared to be in danger at several points after she was abruptly selected by President Donald Trump in March.
Three Republicans opposed Haspel's nomination: Sens. Rand Paul of Kentucky, Jeff Flake of Arizona and John McCain of Arizona, although McCain did not vote because he's battling brain cancer at home.
But Haspel secured enough votes to win confirmation with the backing of six Democrats, including Virginia Sen. Mark Warner, the top Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Seems like more democrats crossed than repubs. And that's just the most recent vote.

All six are up for re-election , coincidence?

Reactions: 2 people
If Bredesen were running as an independent I would respect him, running with a Dem label I can't. How can he a guy who portrays himself as a fiscal conservative with middle of the road ideology associate himself with today's Democrats?

The party is almost polar opposite of what Bredesen claims to be.

Couldn't have said it better hog..... while I think Bredesen was a good governor .... there's no way I can vote for him knowing he associates himself with the likes of Shumer and the other trash ass democrats

Dear Democrats,

Please do yourselves a favor and keep congressman Eric Swalwell off of cable news. He’s got serious issues and he’s doing your Party zero favors in his appearances. He’s an epic embarrassment. It’s unbelievable the nonsense he spews, seriously.

Dear Democrats,

Please do yourselves a favor and keep congressman Eric Swalwell off of cable news. He’s got serious issues and he’s doing your Party zero favors in his appearances. He’s an epic embarrassment. It’s unbelievable the nonsense he spews, seriously.

Is he the democratic version of Nunes?

If carpetbagger Bredesen does win in November, he would be 75 years old when he took office, and 81 years old at the end of his first term in the senate.

He will fit right in with the rest of the geriatric crowd that is the United States Senate. The average age is 61 and there are currently 9 members of the Senate who are older than Phil Bredesen. They are:

1) Dianne Feinstein - D (84 years, 326 days old)
2) Chuck Grassley - R (84 years, 239 days old)
3) Richard Shelby - R (84 years, 8 days old)
4) Jim Inhofe - R (83 years, 178 days old)
5) Pat Roberts - R (82 years, 24 days old)
6) Patrick Leahy - D (78 years, 44 days old)
7) Lamar Alexander - R (77 years, 315 days old)
8) Bernie Sanders - I (76 years, 248 days old)
9) Mitch McConnell - R (76 years, 83 days old)

* I did not even include either Orrin Hatch (who is retiring) or John McCain who is terminally ill. They are also older than Phil Bredesen.

Is he the democratic version of Nunes?

Nunes is running circles around the Dems and working hard to expose the crimes they have perpetrated.

I can tell it must be working because I'm pretty sure that vein in your forehead pops out just at the mention of the word Nunes.

Trigger warning, Luth.

Devin_Nunes.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Nunes is a lightweight Trump flunky. Nobody has taken him seriously since his late night cab ride to the White House last March where he tried to present information just given to him by White House officials as something he had just uncovered himself - all for the purpose of just trying to support Trump's claim that Obama had wiretapped Trump Tower.

Nunes doesn't even bother to read the docs which he goes to such great lengths to obtain. His memo was a bust... He is simply too transparent in his agenda to make a dent beyond the Trump base.

Reactions: 7 people
Nunes is a lightweight Trump flunky. Nobody has taken him seriously since his late night cab ride to the White House last March where he tried to present information just given to him by White House officials as something he had just uncovered himself - all for the purpose of just trying to support Trump's claim that Obama had wiretapped Trump Tower.

Nunes doesn't even bother to read the docs which he goes to such great lengths to obtain. His memo was a bust... He is simply too transparent in his agenda to make a dent beyond the Trump base.

You guys spend an inordinate amount of time talking about him.

It's like LG and Fox News.

You guys spend an inordinate amount of time talking about him.

It's like LG and Fox News.

Not really. What is there to say? Nunes has never tried to conceal his puppet strings. He was a member of the Trump transition team who has worked very hard to run cover for the Trump White House. An advocate with some semblance of impartiality (such as Trey Gowdy) is actually much more effective.

Nunes is running circles around the Dems and working hard to expose the crimes they have perpetrated.

I can tell it must be working because I'm pretty sure that vein in your forehead pops out just at the mention of the word Nunes.

Trigger warning, Luth.

Are you being serious?

Nunes is a joke. He looks much dumber in the eyes of liberals than does Schumer in the eyes of conservatives.

Reactions: 4 people
In another thread on this, I posted that although Phil calls himself a democrat, his fiscal policy as Governor was conservative. It will be interesting to see how Trump goes about attacking Bredesen's record as Governor. If he tries to paint Phil as a typical "tax and spend" liberal, he should instantly lose credibility with any Tennessean old enough to remember Bredesen's tenure.

Don't need to. He will vote just like the Senate minority leader tells him to. He's an in coming freshman that wants to be heard. You have to be seen first.

VN Store

Back