How good is James Pearce Jr?

bpalmer28

This is the first time I can recall in the message board era that a player I don’t know anything about has stepped onto the field and looked like an All-SEC caliber athlete. Some of you are probably like “how the heck have you not heard about this dude?” but I don’t follow recruiting like I used too and I wasn’t active on here during the offseason. I literally don’t know anything about him other than what I learned yesterday - and that is that he is a baller! He’s more than just a fast guy off the edge. I loved the sack he got with the inside move. When you have a guy that fast off the edge who can also beat you inside, you have a menace on your hands. Was he highly recruited or are some of you as surprised as me?

Last edited:
This is the first time I can recall in the message board era that a player I don’t know anything about has stepped onto field and looked like an All-SEC caliber athlete. Some of you are probably like “how the heck have you not heard about this dude?” but I don’t follow recruiting like I used too and I wasn’t active on here during the offseason. I literally don’t know anything about him other than what I learned yesterday - and that is that he is baller! He’s more than just a fast guy off the edge. I lived the sack he got with the inside move. When you have a guy that fast off the edge who can also beat you inside, you have a menace on your hands. Was he highly recruited or are some of you as surprised as me?
I said "Who?" His coming out party was so fun!!!! I didn't know anything about him either!

If I remember correct he got bumped to a 5 star late in the recruitment process. Not sure what his weight is but he looks a little slim. If he can continue to put on weight looks like he could be elite. This would also allow us put him in more packages, I think he only plays in our Cheetah package (obvious rushing situations)

If I remember correct he got bumped to a 5 star late in the recruitment process. Not sure what his weight is but he looks a little slim. If he can continue to put on weight looks like he could be elite. This would also allow us put him in more packages, I think he only plays in our Cheetah package (obvious rushing situations)
Wrong

This is the first time I can recall in the message board era that a player I don’t know anything about has stepped onto the field and looked like an All-SEC caliber athlete. Some of you are probably like “how the heck have you not heard about this dude?” but I don’t follow recruiting like I used too and I wasn’t active on here during the offseason. I literally don’t know anything about him other than what I learned yesterday - and that is that he is a baller! He’s more than just a fast guy off the edge. I loved the sack he got with the inside move. When you have a guy that fast off the edge who can also beat you inside, you have a menace on your hands. Was he highly recruited or are some of you as surprised as me?
I'm with you on this. I never heard of him until yesterday's game. Haven't heard a word about him from any of our coaches either. Can't wait to see more of him sacking QBs all year too.

Reactions: feathersax
Regarding the undersized part, it reminds of the philosophy that Fulmer/Chavis used to have on defensive recruiting for speed/athleticism throughout...

Recruit cornerbacks to play saftety
Recruit safties/RB's to play linebacker
Recruit linebackers to play defensive end
Recruit defensive ends to play defensive tackle (or tight end)
Recruit defensive tackles to play offensive line

Top rated recruit for us in the 2022 class. That class is going to be special. We already have several sophomore contributors. Dee Williams, Squirrel White, Addison Nichols, Joshua Josephs, Tyre West, Kalib Perry, Elijah Herring, and Jourdan Thomas are all in the two deep out of that class.

Top rated recruit for us in the 2022 class. That class is going to be special. We already have several sophomore contributors. Dee Williams, Squirrel White, Addison Nichols, Joshua Josephs, Tyre West, Kalib Perry, Elijah Herring, and Jourdan Thomas are all in the two deep out of that class.
will get foreshadowed overall by the 23 class. that one is LOADED

Regarding the undersized part, it reminds of the philosophy that Fulmer/Chavis used to have on defensive recruiting for speed/athleticism throughout...

Recruit cornerbacks to play saftety
Recruit safties/RB's to play linebacker
Recruit linebackers to play defensive end
Recruit defensive ends to play defensive tackle (or tight end)
Recruit defensive tackles to play offensive line
Makes sense, our defense looks a lot faster. Regardless, his talent is obvious

Looked Good on Special Teams last year.

I don't know how realistic it was but there was some fear that he might transfer, per the VQ guys, so seeing him with that performance yesterday was a huge win in more ways than one. I probably keep up with recruiting and players a bit more than I should, so his performance to me yesterday wasn't a shocker. He's one that they always said had all the physical talent it was just a matter of if he would put it together. And. He. Did.

He’s 6’5” and weighs 242.

If he can add about 15 to 20 lbs and keep his quickness and speed he will be a 1st rounder

VN Store

Back