How are you going to pregame week 1

dlw4n

Mayor of CharlottesVol,VA
Hey guys and gals.

Tired of all the bickering about the future of Tennessee's football team, when it's not going to be decided for a few months anyway? Let's talk about something we all agree on: getting ready to watch the Vols is almost as fun as watching them.

What are you going to do to celebrate the end of the long summer without pigskin on that first Friday vs. NCSU?

I just got a new Weber charcoal smoker two weeks ago. I'm going to take a personal health day and spend the entire day smoking some delicious meats and sipping bourbon by the grill. I'll top that off by inviting friends over for a good ole back yard tailgate, then watch the Vols stomp that silly little ACC team.

What about you?

Reactions: 3 people
I'm going to my freshman UT classes...then driving down to Atlanta!!!

Those were the days. Enjoy them. They don't last long and they are over before you know it. I wish I had gone to more road games while I was there.

Reactions: 1 person
Grilling, beer and the game on my father in law's (recent convert to the UT faithful from Va Tech) new 70 inch tv.

cochon02300.gif

I am building one of these next weekend and the Cochon is on order.

I will be drinking beer, grilling some pork, and hanging the screen on the front of my garage to project the game on later that evening. That is if I dont get me some tickets to ATL. I can't wait! GBO!!!

Hopefully smoking some meat and sipping on some crown and diet coke. But there is a good chance I'll be at the hospital supporting my wife as she gives birth to UT's 2031 starting QB!!

Reactions: 6 people
Skipping my Finance 301 class, trading my voucher in for a ticket at the University Center, Buying a case of Coors Light, heading to A-Town to watch my Vols play!

GBO

I'll set the camo out, put the broadheads on the arrows and take a descent shower. Deer season opens the next morning in KY, so it is straight to bed after the game for me.

Those were the days. Enjoy them. They don't last long and they are over before you know it. I wish I had gone to more road games while I was there.

Yup. Mine just ended, but I managed to go to a lot of games. Now it's time to kick back and fire up the grill on the weekends I can't get to Knoxville.

I will be in Vegas on a bachelor party.... Fly in Thursday evening and spend all day Friday getting my mind right for the 2012 campaign.... Hopefully not pay the light bill out there before kickoff.. GBO

:td:

:toast:

10976138.jpg

I have a BGE- but I want one of these.

Yeah... Those Cajun Microwave hot boxes are nice. It is a little more work to do it over an open fire but I like the presentation and it makes for a good talking point. The finished product is a little more smokey as well. I've done them both ways. Either way, it is hard to mess up a whole pig.

Grillin, chillin, and knocking down a few Abita's, then watching the game with my son (we both attended UT) and calling my daughter (NCST Student) to give her some grief after the blowout (let's all pray that it doesn't go the other way).

Hopefully smoking some meat and sipping on some crown and diet coke. But there is a good chance I'll be at the hospital supporting my wife as she gives birth to UT's 2031 starting QB!!

My wife is due at the end of September. Given that I'm 5'10" and have little intact knee cartilage left, my hopes of raising a future athlete are low.

Mathlete however.....

My wife is due at the end of September. Given that I'm 5'10" and have little intact knee cartilage left, my hopes of raising a future athlete are low.

Mathlete however.....

Teach the kid the game well enough and they'll dive in themselves.

Grillin, chillin, and knocking down a few Abita's, then watching the game with my son (we both attended UT) and calling my daughter (NCST Student) to give her some grief after the blowout (let's all pray that it doesn't go the other way).

NCST daughter?! You're a failure and a terrible father.

jk

Yeah... Those Cajun Microwave hot boxes are nice. It is a little more work to do it over an open fire but I like the presentation and it makes for a good talking point. The finished product is a little more smokey as well. I've done them both ways. Either way, it is hard to mess up a whole pig.

Both ways it seems you miss out on greese falling on fire- not sure how that changes flavor??

Driving down to the ATL on Thursday with the Mrs's. The brother and sister in law [NCst grads] come down to see how a real tailgate looks like. About 30 people. The only thing on the menu at the moment is bacon wrapped jumbo shrimp dipped in BBq and the gentleman known as Jack.

Reactions: 2 people
Headed down to atl early to enjoy the festivities, going to the game to watch us stomp ncsu, staying the night, catching the braves game saturday before we head back to chattanooga.

VN Store

Back