Horizon: Forbidden West (PS4/PS5) Release Date February 18, 2022

New Game + patch out with an Ultra Hard mode, ability to wear any armor and still have your preferred stats, and some graphical fixes (probably already the best looking game on console) . . . .

This thread answered a lot of my questions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/v3jz4g/horizon_forbidden_west_new_game_and_ultra_hard/

The new patch makes performance mode look incredible! I was about 5 hours into the game and I started over because I wanted to experience it from start to finish looking this great!

As far as best looking game on console, it's starting to get hard to determine that LOL. Ratchet and Clank A Rift Apart, Gran Turismo 7, and Demon's Souls are no slouches in the graphics department either! Still, you're probably right considering that HFW is totally open world.

If any of you have a PS5 and haven't played this, you should! It's an absolute gem of a game! Don't overlook it!

Reactions: Rifleman
The new patch makes performance mode look incredible! I was about 5 hours into the game and I started over because I wanted to experience it from start to finish looking this great!

As far as best looking game on console, it's starting to get hard to determine that LOL. Ratchet and Clank A Rift Apart, Gran Turismo 7, and Demon's Souls are no slouches in the graphics department either! Still, you're probably right considering that HFW is totally open world.

If any of you have a PS5 and haven't played this, you should! It's an absolute gem of a game! Don't overlook it!

The time I put into just flying from one side of the map to the other finding every little item I didn't actually need just because the world is gorgeous . . . lol, I don't want to know.

Also being able to grapple to the sunwing and get vertical in combat against grounded enemies just broke the fun meter.

Well, that was quick. Burning Shores expansion comes out next week. It is PS5 exclusive. Pre-orders get an armor set and a bow.

Reactions: Pennheel
I’m not very far in but the motion capture has really gotten amazing. People in Horizon look more human than most people I’d see at my local Walmart late at night. Robot enemies are a little more capable and it seems every one has a projectile or fire or acid for you. Almost everything is improved from the first game. Even the dialogue is less wooden so they definitely listened to player feedback.

I've almost 100%-ed Hogwarts Legacy. I'll be ready!

Well, that was quick. Burning Shores expansion comes out next week. It is PS5 exclusive. Pre-orders get an armor set and a bow.

Thats awesome. I'm in the mood for some Horizon gameplay. IMO, it was my GOTY last year. Nothing against Elden Ring,but the gameplay wasn't for me. Maybe that's why.

hopefully that means the port to PC won't be too far behind. I think it was only a couple months after the DLC for Horizon Zero Dawn before it came to PC.

Thats awesome. I'm in the mood for some Horizon gameplay. IMO, it was my GOTY last year. Nothing against Elden Ring,but the gameplay wasn't for me. Maybe that's why.

Such a crazy bounty of great games in 2022. Any of a number of games would have swept GOTY prizes in another year.

The gameplay in HFW is so consistently fun. They bring in new things at the perfect time to stave off staleness and the story-telling is top of the line. Worst aspect was maybe gathering materials to rank armors but it isn't really necessary to do that to the extent I did. I hated the arenas at first but as I gradually got the hang of the combat I had a 180 on that opinion. Loved the final arena boss fight.

Elden Ring was a brutal slog at first, less so than some other FromSoft games honestly, but it slowly became a joy with its almost never-ending ways to play. It is a game-changer sort of game that will effect everything going forward IMHO.

GoW Ragnarok started off bang bang and had so many great things but felt tedious at points for some reason. Great story and best since RDR2 in the quality of the capture acting. Still, I can see giving Horizon the edge there, especially if the expansion is great.

Last edited:
Really looking forward to playing the expansion tommorow. I have it already pre-ordered. Can't wait!

Really looking forward to playing the expansion tommorow. I have it already pre-ordered. Can't wait!
Let us know how you like it. I played Zero Dawn but haven't gotten around to playing this one yet.

I played it briefly this morning just to check it out.. Looks gorgeous! The biggest immediate difference I see is the volumetric clouds. They look freaking real! Also, it may be placebo effect but I think there's been a bump in the quality of the character models too. They look a little more detailed and expressive to me than in the main game.

I played it briefly this morning just to check it out.. Looks gorgeous! The biggest immediate difference I see is the volumetric clouds. They look freaking real! Also, it may be placebo effect but I think there's been a bump in the quality of the character models too. They look a little more detailed and expressive to me than in the main game.

I did notice that with the character models myself. The atmosphere and graphics of the futuristic Los Angeles is a nice touch. They've done a lot in just a year with this DLC from what I've played. I've played it about an hour so far. On a side mission(first one) Having to deal with the mechanical birds is aggravating,but that's more on me not being use to the controls after a year of not playing Forbidden West and learning how to train them to fly for you.

The skif is a nice way of getting around. It looks pretty big in size for a DLC. You get your money's worth out of it. If you liked Zero Dawn Freak, I'd play Forbidden West. I actually liked Forbidden West a lot more than Zero Dawn. The gameplay seemed a lot better and it felt like there was more to do. Not to mention the environment is engaging. I'm excited to continue with Burning Shores later tonight.

I finished the main story last night. In short, this is the most beautiful looking game I've ever played hands down! It even surpasses the main game in some areas and I was equally impressed with the performance. In performance mode the game runs flawlessly. I went back and forth between graphics mode and performance mode and honestly, I couldn't see much of a difference. So you'd be insane to play this in anything but performance mode at high framerate.

I'm starting to wonder if Sony shouldn't just make the Decima engine available to all of their 1st party studios across the board because I know of no other graphics engine right now that touches it. Even as impressive as Unreal Engine 5 is, I think Decima is the best graphics engine out there right now.

In regards to the DLC story, it was alright. About as compelling as the main game's story I suppose, which is to say it's serviceable but certainly not why I like the series. I like the series for the world exploration, the graphics, the giant mechanical enemies, and the combat mechanics.

In regards to...
the attempted forced romance between Aloy and Seyka. It just wasn't necessary at ALL. In that moment between them, I chose the "intelligent" response where Aloy politely denies Seyka's advances which I think was the right one. I don't know, I just think Aloy is better as this sort of wandering messianic "Jedi" character who doesn't have the time or desire to get involved romantically with anyone. I am SO glad that Guerilla gave the player the choice on where to take that.

I'm just about finished with the DLC. I'm having a lot of fun with it. I love the gameplay ,graphics and presentation that this game brings. It definitely h
gave me my Horizon gameplay fix in regards to waiting for the DLC. As mentioned above,the story isn't necessarily the main selling point of the game. It's good enough to advance you through the game. While I haven't finished the game and dont know how to do spoiler tags(I'm not spoiling it) My curiosity got the best of me and read it on another site about the spoiler on here. All I'll say is that I'm not a fan and I'm glad you have a choice to do otherwise.

My opinion is that it's a great DLC to follow up my favorite game of last year and it's highly recommend.

Last edited:
Y'all are already done? Sounds like a pretty short expansion.

From what I read,it takes anywhere from 15 to 20 hours to complete the main story and most of the side missions and finding collectables. Sounds about right from what I've played.I'm holding off on completing the last mission until I look around the environment and find things to do. I've had a little bit going on so I haven't had as much time to play it.

pretty sure this is finally coming to PC 3/21. I would pick it up once it does, but my parents will be in town and I won't have a chance to play.

its the complete edition, so if there is any DLC I guess it comes with that.

pretty sure this is finally coming to PC 3/21. I would pick it up once it does, but my parents will be in town and I won't have a chance to play.

its the complete edition, so if there is any DLC I guess it comes with that.
Sure you have already looked into it, but it includes the DLC. I am thinking about buying it.

Reactions: LouderVol

VN Store

Back