Horizon: Forbidden West (PS4/PS5) Release Date February 18, 2022

Brave Volunteer

I'm really looking forward to this! I enjoyed the first one a lot and this one looks to really take the franchise to the next level.

I'm glad they're making it for the PS4 also. Need to replay the first one to get ready for this one

It looks and runs great on PS5 at 4K/60fps. I hear the PC version is great too.
I don't plan on getting a PS5 until it's readily available. I've also been thinking about switching to Xbox because everyone I play with has made that switch. I'm not a PC gamer because I work too much on the computer and don't want to be tempted to work while playing

Do we believe that this will come out on PC like the first one? If so, I might just go ahead and buy the first one on Steam. It’s half off right now.

Do we believe that this will come out on PC like the first one? If so, I might just go ahead and buy the first one on Steam. It’s half off right now.
Not day and date but it'll probably come 2-3 years later.

Last edited:
Just replayed Zero Dawn in anticipation for this, such a great game.

One of the coolest premises too. I love how you slowly discover that your are actually in a post-apocalyptic earth, as opposed to a fantasy world.

Reactions: Rifleman
Sooo, yeah. Not really related, but not far off, figured worth sharing ITT for obvious reasons.

The military made a robot that can eat organisms for fuel

Damn! So even though the idea for this game seemed so wildly creative, this is a relatively (compared to other games) plausible flavor of apocalypse if we're doing an Armageddon version of Mythbusters.

The parasitic fungus that ends the world in The Last of Us is real as well, but it just affects small insects and the like at this point so I'm not sure if it is plausible at all. Still, it shows the level off care people are putting into researching these stories.

Two weeks to go! I think I'm finished with watching anything else with this game. (I didnt even watch this video).

Two weeks to go! I think I'm finished with watching anything else with this game. (I didnt even watch this video).

I need this game to get here. I have nothing to play for two weeks so I’m just finding shows to watch.

I wanted a short game to play so I planned on buying the Resident Evil 3 remake, as I never played it when it came out. That 8 hour game is still $60 on the PS Store. I’ll pass.

I'm preparing for the parkour and mountain climbing sections in Horizon by trying to walk up slight inclines with Arthur Morgan in Red Dead 2. I've died about 17 times.

Wish it would release on PC I still can’t find a PS5

Walmart has been having a timed restock sale much more frequently, about once a month, and they have enough stock now that they aren't gone immediately. There's usually notice of these on the restock tracker sites. You very likely need the Walmart plus subscription for this to access the timed sale before "non-members", so that's a small extra cost, but you can cancel it after you get the delivery.

This gen of consoles are probably the best value of any ever but they sure aren't worth the 800 bucks the console hoarders are trying to get.

I imagine that other subscriptions services like Amazon Prime or Gamestop rewards have these member sales as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Berry4Heisman14
How amazing would that be? This game would consume even more hours of my life than it is already going to.

Yep! Though I bet flying will save you a lot of time overall in getting to mission areas which aren't close to a fast travel point and past enemies which obstruct you.

3942011-horizonsunwingmount.jpg

Anyone playing? What are your impressions? It's killing me not to play because I'm trying to hurry up and finish Death Stranding DC first, as I vowed not to start another game until I finish what I'm playing but the "FOMO" is real for me! I've been doing everything I can to avoid spoilers!

Reactions: Gzearl11
Anyone playing? What are your impressions? It's killing me not to play because I'm trying to hurry up and finish Death Stranding DC first, as I vowed not to start another game until I finish what I'm playing but the "FOMO" is real for me! I've been doing everything I can to avoid spoilers!
Same thing, I bought the assassin creed games and am trying to get through them first before I buy this

I’m not very far in but the motion capture has really gotten amazing. People in Horizon look more human than most people I’d see at my local Walmart late at night. Robot enemies are a little more capable and it seems every one has a projectile or fire or acid for you. Almost everything is improved from the first game. Even the dialogue is less wooden so they definitely listened to player feedback.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back