Hope Vols Don't Bama-ize

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
I hope Heup and Co. manage to steer our boys away from being classless. But laugh at Saban because he had to know that Bama is classless by default. Still this being the main catalyst (so he says) is a sobering message.
Source: MSN

Truth be told, classlessness is one of the major infections of today's society on every level based on what I've seen personally, and the constant evidence of daily news reports.

Reactions: EasternVol
I think he still would’ve been successful. It’s just damn hard to do it at a high level like he has for so long. Your family takes a back seat somewhat, your health takes a back seat somewhat. Evolving to the new system of NIL and portal I think could’ve been done but it’s not something he wanted to do. It’s not something he had a passion to manage. Just so many more elements to managing a lockerroom when large sums of money get involved.

I see addictive behaviors in young people (I work with 4-15 year olds daily) everyday. Phones and tech have wired their brains in a reward/withdrawal cycle. Children are now far more violent. We restrain children in a small school almost daily. They destroy classrooms if they have an unpreferred lunch in their lunchbox.

These players Saban refers to are on every team. We always have a few players that live on bad choices. Some staffs consider it more than others when recruiting HS or the portal. Heupel seems to move on from some more talented guys based on their social media and personal references.

I see addictive behaviors in young people (I work with 4-15 year olds daily) everyday. Phones and tech have wired their brains in a reward/withdrawal cycle. Children are now far more violent. We restrain children in a small school almost daily. They destroy classrooms if they have an unpreferred lunch in their lunchbox.

These players Saban refers to are on every team. We always have a few players that live on bad choices. Some staffs consider it more than others when recruiting HS or the portal. Heupel seems to move on from some more talented guys based on their social media and personal references.
Yep. I think Barnes does the same thing. You find a type that fits you and the culture you want and focus on those players. The 5 star "me" types very often are fools gold. Knecht is kind of a unicorn in today's game. Can you imagine what it's like to show up for work every day and facing a team of guys that already have one foot out the door to the NBA like Cal does? What kind of teaching can he do? Is there any buy in at all? Every man for himself more often than not. Maybe it's not the entire roster, but all it takes is one or two bad apples and the barrel is spoiled. Nah. There are no shortcuts in life. Hard work and doing things the right way still have value. We'll have a bit of a reset next season, but I wouldn't trade what we have for what Cal has "built" at UK for anything.

Yep. I think Barnes does the same thing. You find a type that fits you and the culture you want and focus on those players. The 5 star "me" types very often are fools gold. Knecht is kind of a unicorn in today's game. Can you imagine what it's like to show up for work every day and facing a team of guys that already have one foot out the door to the NBA like Cal does? What kind of teaching can he do? Is there any buy in at all? Every man for himself more often than not. Maybe it's not the entire roster, but all it takes is one or two bad apples and the barrel is spoiled. Nah. There are no shortcuts in life. Hard work and doing things the right way still have value. We'll have a bit of a reset next season, but I wouldn't trade what we have for what Cal has "built" at UK for anything.
I think DK’s history tells why he is a unicorn. Late bloomer who wasn’t wanted by any major schools out of high school. Had to go the JC route and ended up at Northern Colorado. He certainly wasn’t catered to and pampered from the time he was in middle school like a lot of the high profile kids these days. (See Emoni Bates for a case study.) He has had to work for everything he’s gotten and that’s what makes him different and why he has a lot of fans these days.

VN Store

Back