Honey, I Shrunk the Vols

Official website of UT says Jabari McGhee is 6ft 5 in. This did not come from eye test or recruiting site. It all seems strange to me. Everyone on team is listed as quite a bit shorter than previously thought.

Gosh I'm not going to argue about this. Lol. You guys can believe what you want. He lived with me for several years and I'm the one who took him to doctor's appointment where they weighed and measured him. Everyone in the office was always amazed at how tall he was. So they couldn't wait until the next time to see how much he had grown.

Reactions: 1 person
wrong. mcghee might be 6-6 on a good day...reese is 6-7, remember that reese plays point guard for his home team.

and no Kasango and Alexander are NOT 6-10+ one is around 6-9 and the other maybe a skinny 6-10.

your rose colored glasses need cleaning.

Well when a family member who took the kid to the doctor tells you you're FOS excuse me if I don't put much stock in your opinion, nevermind I also have stood next to each of the guys mentioned.

You realize you just told me those guys aren't 6'10" and then admitted one of them was 6'10"? Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
come to think of it i think its a left wing conspiracy...i'm thinking everyone is at least 3" taller and 30lbs heavier than listed...my guess is that they all shoot a lot better than they ever have as well. rumor has it their defense this summer in the RTL was simply smothering....can't wait to seem them levitate above the rim this year on their way to the final four.

jeez.

Check out this team photo, Reese is standing next to Richardson who measured in at 6'6", tell me again Reese is 6'7" lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 45
wrong. mcghee might be 6-6 on a good day...reese is 6-7, remember that reese plays point guard for his home team.

and no Kasango and Alexander are NOT 6-10+ one is around 6-9 and the other maybe a skinny 6-10.

your rose colored glasses need cleaning.
Reese plays PG for Puerto Rico??? Next Vol to get drafted. You know, our 6'8* forward who can mix it up on the international scene as a PG.

Well when a family member who took the kid to the doctor tells you you're FOS excuse me if I don't put much stock in your opinion, nevermind I also have stood next to each of the guys mentioned.

You realize you just told me those guys aren't 6'10" and then admitted one of them was 6'10"? Lol

wow..you stood next to them and you can verify there height...maybe you missed your calling...try a circus act.

Check out this team photo, Reese is standing next to Richardson who measured in at 6'6", tell me again Reese is 6'7" lol

Go across and realize Reese is the same height as stokes who measured in at 6ft 7 without shoes at he combine. Richardson is slumped over. This is the first time ut has put accurate measurements. I just graduated and always saw the players and wondered if their measurements were with shoes. I've seen McGhee and he looked about 6ft 5 to me. Doesn't really matter when they take the court though.

:lolabove: How do measure someone by how they look? But you're right...it won't matter when they are on the court. Bring it on!

Well when they stand near you and you know your height then it makes it reasonable to guess someone's height. Obviously an inch difference is hard but I have friends who are 6ft 5 and and 6ft 3 so I use them to compare. I always thought that ut was generous when listing. That being said all basketball programs high school and college usually do it.

Understandable. I'm just gonna rely on the nurse, the wall chart at the medical facility and what I saw with my own eyes when JB was measured.

Last edited:

wow..you stood next to them and you can verify there height...maybe you missed your calling...try a circus act.

You completely ignored the first and most important part of that. I'm gonna roll with the family on this one and not some random dude who claims to have it right.

Gosh I'm not going to argue about this. Lol. You guys can believe what you want. He lived with me for several years and I'm the one who took him to doctor's appointment where they weighed and measured him. Everyone in the office was always amazed at how tall he was. So they couldn't wait until the next time to see how much he had grown.

I am not arguing with you. Just seems strange that all the heights are shorter. I don't doubt you. Just seems weird.

I am not arguing with you. Just seems strange that all the heights are shorter. I don't doubt you. Just seems weird.

I agree, It is very weird. Maybe CRB is trying to throw the opposition off course. OR maybe their measuring chart is 2 inches shorter. :)

AD we need you to get Jabari to take a picture standing up with a tape measure to settle this once and for all.

jeez the summer is slow.....we do tend to get sidetracked on the weirdest topics.

so, let's get back to the team's prospects for next year. does anyone know what the players think about all the new guys and how they might fit together? auntiedee???

seems like a balanced team with solid players at all position, sans PG as usual. i say we get lucky and hubbs, punter and baulkman have breakout years and Kasongo and our 2 6-5 power forwards rebounds everything they miss.

or, these guys don't become the 3 amigos, the pg turns the ball over more than we turn over coaches and the new guys up front have hands of bricks.

in either case do we really care how tall they are?

thoughts?

jeez the summer is slow.....we do tend to get sidetracked on the weirdest topics.

so, let's get back to the team's prospects for next year. does anyone know what the players think about all the new guys and how they might fit together? auntiedee???

seems like a balanced team with solid players at all position, sans PG as usual. i say we get lucky and hubbs, punter and baulkman have breakout years and Kasongo and our 2 6-5 power forwards rebounds everything they miss.

or, these guys don't become the 3 amigos, the pg turns the ball over more than we turn over coaches and the new guys up front have hands of bricks.

thoughts?

My thoughts...those two 6'7 forwards will finish nicely around the rim.:thumbsup:

Reactions: 2 people

thoughts?

Yeah, let's move on from the height discussion as I stealthily insert my prrviously stated height agenda into it about as subtly as a fart in church...lol.

VN Store

Back