Home run FB coaches-

10-6, 10-5-1, and on the way to another 10-6 year this year. With all that talent, losing in first rounds 2 years in a row, id say hes figured out. 6-3 isnt good enough with one of the most talented teams in the league. Move along sweetheart.

The Seahawks are top 10 in talent, I would say. But nothing to write home about. Most teams just don't put every talented player on defense.

i look forward to your reply to this but ill be busy for s bit. so ill leave u with this:

YEP I AM. argue away, sweetheart.

Go vols
lol. salty... a guy that's gone to 2 super bowls and gets 10 win teams regularly, that win their division and go to the playoffs in the NFL aren't figured out.

it's really that simple, hope that saved you some time in your busy day.

Reactions: 1 person
5.) Josh McDaniels- I wonder if hed leave NE ala Lane Kiffin.

Kiffin didn't leave the NFL for Tennessee. The NFL left him. He was hanging out at the coffee shop hoping some horny divorcee would pick him up when Hammy called.

Quoting Vandy fans about football should get you removed from VN for at least 6 months.

Pete and Les qualify for Social Security. How many home runs do you think they got left in the tank? Pete will be 70 when he gets his 4th class in, Les will be 70 in year 5/6

you looking for a Joe Paterno type winner, because i just don't see an old man being that good at recruiting and winning.

10-6, 10-5-1, and on the way to another 10-6 year this year. With all that talent, losing in first rounds 2 years in a row, id say hes figured out. 6-3 isnt good enough with one of the most talented teams in the league. Move along sweetheart.

The NFL isn't a league where coaches not named Belichick consistently go 14-2, 15-1, 14-2. This isn't college, and parity is at its greatest. Marvin Lewis is still coaching the Bengals 15 years later. He has exactly six 10+ win seasons in that time, he's never made it past the wildcard round, and has never won a playoff game.

You might want to recalibrate your idea of what success is in the NFL, sweetheart.

Last edited:
The NFL isn't a league where coaches not named Belichik consistently go 14-2, 15-1, 14-2. This isn't college, and parity is at its greatest. Marvin Lewis is still coaching the Bengals 15 years later. He has exactly six 10+ win seasons in that time, he's never made it past the wildcard round, and has never won a playoff game.

You might want to recalibrate your idea of what success is in the NFL, sweetheart.

its about whether you are trending up or down. Chuck Pagano From indy started out above average , then it fell off. Hes about to be fired.

Pete started out average to hot to above average to average. Its about where your trending in the league. If it wasnt then Norv Turner would still be Denvers coach.

The coaches in the 3/4ths of the AFC north are beyond comprehension on why they all have maintained success for so long. I guess having an extra bye week built into your schedule 2x a year doesnt hurt. thanks jimmy haslam.

its about whether you are trending up or down. Chuck Pagano From indy started out above average , then it fell off. Hes about to be fired.

Pete started out average to hot to above average to average. Its about where your trending in the league. If it wasnt then Norv Turner would still be Denvers coach.

The coaches in the 3/4ths of the AFC north are beyond comprehension on why they all have maintained success for so long. I guess having an extra bye week built into your schedule 2x a year doesnt hurt. thanks jimmy haslam.
here's seattle's records the last 5 years....you tell me what the trend is...

2012--12-6, wild card, lost in divisional round
2013--16-3, won division, won super bowl
2014--14-5, won division, lost super bowl
2015--11-7, wild card, lost in divisional round
2016--11-6, wild card, lost in divisional round

:peace2:

Fuente would be a great hire; however, he's a Patterson protégé and Hamilton screwed the pooch there.

There’s zero chance Fuente would say no because Hamilton didn’t hire Patterson. Lots of reasons he may say no, but that’s not one of them

Reactions: 2 people

You're defeating your own argument. Carroll started off 7-9, 7-9 in his first 2 years. He has followed it up with 2 SB appearances (1 win), 3 Division Titles, and five 10+ win seasons, and on his way to another one. That's called trending in the right direction.

here's seattle's records the last 5 years....you tell me what the trend is...

2012--12-6, wild card, lost in divisional round
2013--16-3, won division, won super bowl
2014--14-5, won division, lost super bowl
2015--11-7, wild card, lost in divisional round
2016--11-6, wild card, lost in divisional round

:peace2:

2012-up from previous year
2013- skyrocketed up
2014- still good but down nonetheless
2015- down
2016- down back to back years of div losses is down
2017- 6-3 with two bad losses incl an almost L vs SF

There you go. you cant argue that hes up or level from his previous SB visits. thats like saying were even with last years team. you cant

You're defeating your own argument. Carroll started off 7-9, 7-9 in his first 2 years. He has followed it up with 2 SB appearances (1 win), 3 Division Titles, and five 10+ win seasons, and on his way to another one. That's called trending in the right direction.

after 5 years of that kind of performance, it's actually called consistency..........:)

2013- skyrocketed up
2015- down

There you go. you cant argue that hes up or level from his previous SB visits. thats like saying were even with last years team. you cant

oh, you're one of those......we're done here.

Reactions: 3 people
2013- skyrocketed up
2015- down

Well almost losses don’t count. And ten wins a season coaches are hot commodities in the nfl. This really is laughable.

I’ve always thought the Gruden stuff was a joke, but people really put stock in it.

Let me be one of the few who will say that, forget whether he would come or not for a second, he would be a complete bust.

You don’t want a 54 year old coach, who hasn’t coached in 10 years and hasn’t recruited since the 80’s.

Beyond the fact that it ain’t gonna happen, it’s actually a terrible idea

Reactions: 4 people
I’ve always thought the Gruden stuff was a joke, but people really put stock in it.

Let me be one of the few who will say that, forget whether he would come or not for a second, he would be a complete bust.

You don’t want a 54 year old coach, who hasn’t coached in 10 years and hasn’t recruited since the 80’s.

you're in the wrong thread. you'd be a hit in the other thread..........try your schtick there........:thumbsup:

Please. 54 is young for coaches really. And it’s Jon Gruden at Tennessee. Recruiting wouldn’t be that hard for him. The issue would be all the limits and regulations that would tick him off

VN Store

Back