Home Brewers

I have a few friends that work in commercial breweries. Your not going to walk in and get a job brewing with no experience in a commercial brewery unless you have a degree in brewing and even then it is tough without experience. There's alot of really good homebrewers that would jump at the opportunity of working at a commercial brewery if it were easy, myself included. Most commercial breweries will want formal training and experience. You can get a low level, low paying position and hope to work your way up.

Good points. The local CC has a new master brewing program that I would love to take. I wouldn't mind starting at the bottom if I can keep my bills paid.

Lol, sorry I dont come over to VN much. I'll try to check this thread more.

It's hard to say exactly what happened in your bottles. When bottle carbing, the taste will change dramatically in the first 1-3 weeks. I typically try to wait at least three weeks before trying bottled beer.

The gravity your looking for on a stout will depend on the type of stout. If its a plain stout like say Guinness the gravity should be low. If its a big imperial stout you want a very high gravity. What kind of stout are you brewing?
I WAS doing an Irish stout. My gravity checked at 1052.

I have been brewing with friends on their equipment for a while now but my buddy moved to Colorado. I'm putting my own rig together now. I have most of the major stuff. I need some fermenting buckets, sirplate, bottling stuff, etc. I should be brewing in 3-4 weeks though.

I think I will brew a hopped up APA with some flaked oat for body and mouthfeel. I may do a watermelon wit...

VN Store

Back