Holly

Me too!! He had told me he lived in Montana the best I remember!

Somewhere out west because he could attend events in Nevada or California easier than Tennessee. I think he has season tickets for softball or maybe just the SECT. He had some up for sale on StubHub since he couldn't get in to the games. That's pretty much the last I heard from him.

Please, of anyone knows how to contact him find out if he is all right.

By rebuild I meant get the respect it once had and where it stands now relative to other schools compared with the past.

Arenas like the Yum Center, uconn's new practice facility, Texas' building a new on campus basketball facility, and infrastructure improvements at other schools are now more competitive with what the Tennessee program provides. TBA is 30 years old now and although there were some upgrades about 10 years ago, people like new.

They are currently renovating the complex.

I don't hate Warlick or the South. Rather, I dislike southern attitudes, southern politics, and I dislike ignorant or uninformed comments. Hey, I went to UT, but I also went on to grad school in NYC and lived and worked there for more than 20 years, thankfully. When people take little shots at progressives or Clinton or whatever, I respond. It is important to note that my comments are //in response// to the comments of others--but perhaps because mine can be more cutting I get flack. So be it. I was actually defending, in a way, Warlick's penchant for dressing like Hillary Clinton (if in fact she does).

Also, I don't hate Warlick, I just dislike her intensely has a coach because she was not qualified to get the job and is not a good coach. She is not worthy of coaching a program of this caliber--and yet we must keep on with her while Geno motors down Championship Road with his Huskies. We must eat his dust. And yet there are those who still want to give HW the benefit of the doubt because she was a friend of Summitt's and has been at UT forever, as if those facts are relevant. They aren't. The program was floundering a bit when she took over and its only gotten worse--much worse-- since. What am I supposed to do--pretend the program is thriving under her sharp and astute leadership? If a coach with HW's background and record was coaching an equivalent program on the men's side--UNC, Kansas, Kentucky--he'd have been run out of town long ago.

I was the first person, by the way, to point out the offensive problems that have absolutely plagued this program for 15 years--back before this board even existed and everyone was on what is now the Scout board, I believe. I used to regularly irritate Maria Cornelius, who ran the Lady Vol board and was the biggest Summitt acolyte alive except for Holly Warlick. Years ago, I watched UT win ugly game after game with Summit. I knew our crap offense would catch up with us. Nobody paid attention--Scout posters didn't like my criticism of the offense. Cornelius wanted everyone to be extremely respectful at all times to the giant who was Summitt. What happened: the problem never got fixed, our offense suxed, Geno and the Huskies came along, played a MUCH better brand of basketball than we did, and the rest is history. He's got a Ferrari program and we're a Chevy--even with our talent. I'm a huge fan of the program--but the coaches have failed for MANY years to fix the problems, and that can turn one a bit negative, especially when you're losing 26 games in two years. We've not been very smart.

While I agree with a lot of what you say in regards to Holly and her ability/inability to coach at the level required to be successful for our Lady Vols Basketball team, I feel compelled to let you in on a little secret.... We're for the most part aren't really keen on your attitudes or politics or your hifaluten, superiority complexes you northern folks tend to have and such as you've exhibited. Just because you were educated in the cesspool that is NY City doesn't make you smarter or better or your ideas any more valid. Just thought you'd like to know.

Reactions: 5 people
Somewhere out west because he could attend events in Nevada or California easier than Tennessee. I think he has season tickets for softball or maybe just the SECT. He had some up for sale on StubHub since he couldn't get in to the games. That's pretty much the last I heard from him.

Please, of anyone knows how to contact him find out if he is all right.

Ive noticed a few others that are MIA -- Its too bad we cant get PMs on this site

Reactions: 1 person
Ive noticed a few others that are MIA -- Its too bad we cant get PMs on this site

Jeff is the only one I've noticed, maybe because he and mule were always so nice to try to help me understand softball, and softball right now is BIG...and no Jeff.

I wish we could pm too. Might not help on this, but it would be another avenue to try.

If anyone has any ideas, please try to communicate with Jeff. I fear something bad is wrong...unless - is he military? Maybe that could be it; I have no idea if he is or not.

Jeff is the only one I've noticed, maybe because he and mule were always so nice to try to help me understand softball, and softball right now is BIG...and no Jeff.

I wish we could pm too. Might not help on this, but it would be another avenue to try.

If anyone has any ideas, please try to communicate with Jeff. I fear something bad is wrong...unless - is he military? Maybe that could be it; I have no idea if he is or not.

Shows he is on right now

Jeff told me he was retired and he lived in Montana but may be moving somewhere else out west several months ago. May be still in that process but not like him to miss these talks about LVs.

Your overt hatred of the South and especially Southern men diminishes the credibility of your posts. Sometimes you can make a good observation, so would you try to bury your hatred? It would make it more pleasant to focus on what you say rather than dismissing you as someone whose agenda frequently overrides your brain.

Flame away, but seriously, not being hateful, it's just I believe you could do so much better.

Thank you, SV. He's an arrogant ass.
I had to block him, but admittedly I miss some of his insight.

Reactions: 3 people
Thank you, SV. He's an arrogant ass.
I had to block him, but admittedly I miss some of his insight.

He is unbelievable. I do believe his political diatribe he posted on Government Mule's thread where posted his cancer diagnosis takes the cake. Disrespectful, insensitive, and just wrong beyond words.

Reactions: 3 people
What happened?

He proceeded to tell everyone who did not agree with socialized medicine how stupid
they were. Unbelievably disrespectful to post that on a thread where a man is announcing his cancer diagnosis and expressing fear and frustration at dealing with his insurance company. Not the time or the place. Disgusting!

Reactions: 2 people
He proceeded to tell everyone who did not agree with socialized medicine how stupid
they were. Unbelievably disrespectful to post that on a thread where a man is announcing his cancer diagnosis and expressing fear and frustration at dealing with his insurance company. Not the time or the place. Disgusting!

Well....unfortunately that's him.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back