Holly is a Great Person...

I agree on the shirts. Look a little professional. I know that is the least of the issues right now, but she could dress a little better!

I agree on the shirts. Look a little professional. I know that is the least of the issues right now, but she could dress a little better!

For the love of God and all that's holy, PLEASE STOP IT WITH THE FASHION CRITIQUES!!!!!!!!

What is the matter with you people? Can't you see and feel and understand and TRY TO ACCEPT that Holly is NOT a girly-girl with a closet full of silky, flowing floral blouses, tight-fitting skirts, and sexy high heels?

Holly Warlick is what you could say a "handsome woman." As a woman, she has every bit of sensitivity and kindness and warmth of any of the more soft-looking, more femmy-dressed coaches who ever lived.

But Holly is NOT physically -- never has been, never will be -- a traditionally feminine woman. AND THAT'S OKAY!!!!! Why does that bother you people so much? What is wrong with YOU that you can't accept that a very sweet, kind, warm-hearted woman can be all that while wearing plaid shirts and flat-heeled shoes instead of whatever girly getup YOU have decided is acceptable for a woman to wear on the sidelines? Of a basketball game?

Please grow up, people. Seriously. I am over this ridiculous SH!TE!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
Alabama went through the same thing after Bear Byrant, they tried to keep it in house hire "Alabama" people and it did not work. What was once a proud program sank to unthinkable depths and the power that were tried to preserve the Bear's legacy. finally, they said enough is enough. Hire the best coach. Give him total autonomy of the program. Tell the boosters to take a hike and the result, as painful as it is for me to say, is the most unprecedented run is college football in history, and it's not going to stop anytime soon.
Tennessee was the Alabama of Women's basketball. I don't need to expand on that statement. Until someone steps up and says, We are not going to do this anymore, we are going to watch the shambles of this proud program. The AD is the key to this. He has to step in, fire Holly, go get a coach, tell the boosters to take a hike (if they are the problem. I'm not sure they are), and tell the coach to run the program.
Then, all of this will be but a distant memory, and Tennessee will be contending for Championships again, and I'm not talking about SEC Championships, but National Championships!
Does anyone remember Mike Shula, Mike Price, Dennis Franchione, Mike Dubose, etc
This AD hire cannot come soon enough! And it is the most important hire we've ever had!

Reactions: 1 person
She is not an elite coach and never will be. I think what we are finding out about this team is that we are slow at point guard and in several games the point guard of the other team has had huge night. If you look back that was the case at Penn State, Ole Miss, Auburn last night. This is one of the weaker Tennessee teams when it comes to defense. We gave up way to many layups last night couldn't guard off the dribble drive.
Team has to win at home to get to 18 wins maybe we'll win one on the road. We can get in the tourney as a low seed if we get 7 more wins.

She is not an elite coach and never will be. I think what we are finding out about this team is that we are slow at point guard and in several games the point guard of the other team has had huge night. If you look back that was the case at Penn State, Ole Miss, Auburn last night. This is one of the weaker Tennessee teams when it comes to defense. We gave up way to many layups last night couldn't guard off the dribble drive.
Team has to win at home to get to 18 wins maybe we'll win one on the road. We can get in the tourney as a low seed if we get 7 more wins.

PG has been a problem since Jordan took over. She's just not very good. This year, she's been better at getting the ball inside to Russell for easy baskets and generally takes care of the ball, but she cannot create scoring opportunities for herself and others unless she's running a fast break. Compare her on court to Morgan Williams at MSU, who is constantly directing the other players and acting the part of a coach on the floor... that's just not who Jordan is.

Whoever replaces her at PG just needs to be overall a better player, period. Otherwise, the team will look exactly the same.

PG has been a problem since Jordan took over. She's just not very good. This year, she's been better at getting the ball inside to Russell for easy baskets and generally takes care of the ball, but she cannot create scoring opportunities for herself and others unless she's running a fast break. Compare her on court to Morgan Williams at MSU, who is constantly directing the other players and acting the part of a coach on the floor... that's just not who Jordan is.

Whoever replaces her at PG just needs to be overall a better player, period. Otherwise, the team will look exactly the same.

Jordan does a good job in the half court offense 24 turnovers and 71 assists but she cannot guard anybody usually to quick for her. She is hot and cold as a scorer. Her backup is even slower and a worse defender. That is why I hope we can get the wins we need to get to the tourney because next season with Cooper and Hayes huge upgrade in speed and defense at that position.

Jordan does a good job in the half court offense 24 turnovers and 71 assists but she cannot guard anybody usually to quick for her. She is hot and cold as a scorer. Her backup is even slower and a worse defender. That is why I hope we can get the wins we need to get to the tourney because next season with Cooper and Hayes huge upgrade in speed and defense at that position.

I'd say Jordan does a decent job in the half court offense. If the other team breaks down Tennessee's offensive play, Jordan cannot consistently reset the play, draw in additional defenders by attacking the rim, and dishing to open players. I will say that this year she has been very good at finding Russell in good position to score, but against better defensive teams (like Auburn or MSU), she can't do that either.

Cooper wasn't a great passer last year, and she was like a black hole once she got into the paint. If she hasn't improved her passing, then she won't help out this sorry offense. On defense, she had a tendency to guard with her hands and not her feet, so she would often get in foul trouble. She has to have improved quite a bit to be a difference maker. I don't know Hayes will do right off the bat, but she's a freshman, so I expect there to be growing pains.

There was one timeout in the 2nd quarter during AU's run where Holly called time out, walked out onto the court, and yelled, "******mit!" pretty passionately. That's a start, but I do wonder what she said to them during that timeout, because the avalanche continued.

During her presser, she called out the fact that they kept dribbling along the sideline when the trap came and forced a turnover. Jordan in particular kept doing that. If she knew that was a problem, did she tell them? Did she get in Jordan or Alexa's face and tell them to cut that sh!t out?

I just wonder if she gets mad and curses, or does she actually get in players' faces and point out exactly what they're doing wrong and what they need to do to fix it.

I have wondered the same thing.

For the love of God and all that's holy, PLEASE STOP IT WITH THE FASHION CRITIQUES!!!!!!!!

What is the matter with you people? Can't you see and feel and understand and TRY TO ACCEPT that Holly is NOT a girly-girl with a closet full of silky, flowing floral blouses, tight-fitting skirts, and sexy high heels?

Holly Warlick is what you could say a "handsome woman." As a woman, she has every bit of sensitivity and kindness and warmth of any of the more soft-looking, more femmy-dressed coaches who ever lived.

But Holly is NOT physically -- never has been, never will be -- a traditionally feminine woman. AND THAT'S OKAY!!!!! Why does that bother you people so much? What is wrong with YOU that you can't accept that a very sweet, kind, warm-hearted woman can be all that while wearing plaid shirts and flat-heeled shoes instead of whatever girly getup YOU have decided is acceptable for a woman to wear on the sidelines? Of a basketball game?

Amen! These comments about HW's wardrobe are pathetic and make me not take seriously anything any of these people making these comments have to say. Ridiculous, indeed!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
I'd say Jordan does a decent job in the half court offense. If the other team breaks down Tennessee's offensive play, Jordan cannot consistently reset the play, draw in additional defenders by attacking the rim, and dishing to open players. I will say that this year she has been very good at finding Russell in good position to score, but against better defensive teams (like Auburn or MSU), she can't do that either.

Cooper wasn't a great passer last year, and she was like a black hole once she got into the paint. If she hasn't improved her passing, then she won't help out this sorry offense. On defense, she had a tendency to guard with her hands and not her feet, so she would often get in foul trouble. She has to have improved quite a bit to be a difference maker. I don't know Hayes will do right off the bat, but she's a freshman, so I expect there to be growing pains.
I think Hayes passes Middleton on day one and if Cooper isn't better she will be the backup. Hayes definitely has passing skills and knows how to breakdown a defense.

This team still has a lot of issues and the last thing that should be on anyone's minds is what Holly is wearing.

Reactions: 3 people
Holly never seems to fix anything in a timeout. Remember the LSU game last year when we didn't want to foul and evidently no one knew that and fouled. Last night Holly never got enough people in the backcourt to get the ball up the court so when the trap came and the dribble was picked up you have no options. I saw Reynolds bringing it up the middle several times but got trapped picked up the dribble and then made a bad pass as everyone ran away from the ball.

I use to get so mad at them dribbling over and over wasting time. But figured out that is plan the more they hold the ball the less chance of being blown out. I love the Lady Vols I had season tickets for 25 years but no longer can I stand to watch. When she got the job I said on that day bye bye Lady Vols. Yes I kept Season tickets hoping I am wrong all of us in the area that we sit in we felt we where in a funeral. So Sad!!!!!!

Agree. This is just petty behavior by people who just want to say anything negative they can about Holly.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm shocked Trump didn't include the Lady Vols when he was going through his laundry list of America's woes yesterday. Darkness reigns.

Holly will be given at least a year with her Number One class. By then our new AD will have ample time to evaluate whether she stays or goes. From minute one next season the pressure is on. If she wants to survive, it's time to totally revamp her coaching staff. New blood, new energy, new ideas, new schemes and new hope to complement the new roster.

Player personnel is not the problem. It's coaching!!!

Player personnel is not the problem. It's coaching!!!

It's both. The players are not getting better because of the coaching, so they have mediocre players on the court.

Nothing could change Jordan's abilities at this point, except a time machine.

VN Store

Back