Historic Programs: Tennessee vs Oklahoma

MiramarVol

Sanctified Vol
Let's look at some interesting stats between two Historic and Proud Universities and how they measure up against each other.

Attachments

• TNvsOK.xlsx
    11.8 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Damn 10 Heisman trophy winners, that is crazy. Blows my mind Tennessee doesn't have one. Though we should have 2, Johnny Majors and Peyton Manning. Charles Woodson really was the most undeserving Heisman winner I could imagine.

Damn 10 Heisman trophy winners, that is crazy. Blows my mind Tennessee doesn't have one. Though we should have 2, Johnny Majors and Peyton Manning. Charles Woodson really was the most undeserving Heisman winner I could imagine.

Gino Torretta and Eric Crouch say hi

Reactions: 3 people
OK, yea the other 5 were runner-up's, which Oklahoma still has more that us.

Yeah, the tradition between the two are second to none. We have Ohio State for two years starting next year. Crazy to think OU has/will have played Florida State, Notre Dame, Tennessee, and Ohio State two years each for eight years.

I have got nothing but love for Johnny, but Jim Brown should have won the Heisman that year.

Reactions: 5 people
Since they added the "T" to the heisTman in 1997, it no longer means anything to me. I don't even follow the voting/ceremony.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
It is the number of conference championships that really jumps out at me. OU has got 47, which is incredible. By contrast, Alabama has the most in the SEC with 28 (24 being SEC championships).

Not really when you consider for decades the Big 8 winner was Oklahoma/Nebraska winner.

Mizzou, Iowa State, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State and Colorado were the other teams and not as competitive as they are today. Those Oklahoma vs Kansas scores when Switzer would hang half a hundred on you in a heartbeat were through the roof.

Last edited:
Heath Shuler finished 2nd as well - I thought he was well deserving too

As a junior... had he returned for a fourth year he had a chance.

Hank Lauricella was a fourth runner up. SI made a list of who would have won if the HT was around in earlier years. They named Gene McEver and Beattie Feathers likely winners.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention Oklahoma's 47 game win streak under Wilkinson. The longest streak in college football history.

History doesn't always repeat itself - but it occasionally rhymes.

Orange often repeats itself - but it never rhymes!

History and tradition are awesome. But the only thing that matters now - in 2015 - is who wins this Saturday.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back