He's back - Spurrier named ambassador / consultant at UF

I would have sworn he was kept on at SC to do the same thing?
Florida Athletic Director Jeremy Foley announced Friday that the Head Ball Coach is returning to his alma mater as Ambassador and Consultant
to the UF Athletic Department. Spurrier's duties include serving as a mentor to UF coaches, as a representative at Gator Booster functions, as
a bridge between former players and the school, and other roles yet to be determined.

Well, as long as he's in the news and being quoted regularly.

Spurrier Back Where He Belongs - Florida Gators

"ambassador" --- is that a paid position? steve has millions banked from his jobs at fla and usc---how much money will they be paying him for this do nothing job???

No. Spurrier's coaching days have come and gone. He's there for an easy paycheck and golf.

Expecting quotes, especially during Tennessee week.

Spurrier is like a social disease without a cure. I guess we will never be truly rid of him.

Reactions: 1 person
"ambassador" --- is that a paid position? steve has millions banked from his jobs at fla and usc---how much money will they be paying him for this do nothing job???

And Daniel Snyder lined his pockets too at Washington. :)

Wouldn't surprise me if they are eventually going to name him as Foley's replacement since he is stepping down soon.

I heard he was offered the same position at Science Hill but turned it down.
I guess Johnson City just ain't good enough for him now.

I heard he was offered the same position at Science Hill but turned it down.
I guess Johnson City just ain't good enough for him now.

I despise Spurrier not only for his snide remarks about UT but also about the state in general. He said he would never live in TN but that's okay because we don't want the scum sucker.

Spurrier just isn't handling retirement very well. He just doesn't know what to do.

Yep. I'd say you are correct. With Foley retiring in a couple months, timing is dead on.

No way he wants the AD job. He hated traveling for recruiting, no way he's going to every corner of Florida to raise money for UF, which is basically the role of AD's in this day and age.

I hope they hand him a little visor to throw. He's gonna need it.

And I just joined the tail-end of this thread without reading the rest of it, so if someone has already said what I did, then, great minds think alike.

Expecting quotes, especially during Tennessee week.

Spurrier is like a social disease without a cure. I guess we will never be truly rid of him.

The cure is to beat his beloved Gators.

Will they please please please give him a segment of the presser after the UT game this year so he can mumble for two minutes and then end the presser?

But only as the last speaker. I'd like Coach Incisors to field some questions first.

"Coach, what changed? I thought you just didn't lose to TN?"

Coach Incisors: "Well, to be fair... we didn't 'just' lose to them. We got killed by them."

I bet ole Stevie quits his ambassador job mid-season in a couple of years if we turn the streak on its head. :)

VN Store

Back