Here come the "Kiffin is a liar" jerks...

One thing I am certain of at this point in time.
Lane Kiffin can't seem to help himself.

You assume people learn and get better at what they do in time. Most humans know the drill. But when its not any one issue, it becomes the sum total of the controversies that continue to show up.

Some of your fan base calls it genius, a greater plan. I'm sure he has one, but he can't seem to get himself out of the way. No genius is going to continue to allow events to constantly occur that reflect so negatively on himself, or his program, after all, he has bosses too.

The last thing you would think he would want to do, is to fit the profile of his previous boss, who was too happy to refer to him as a "liar".

He has a greater plan, I believe some of it is to stir the pot. What he doesn't plan, is the unfortunate way he has of saying and doing things. That left handed way is not only getting interpreted differently by the Vol's fan base in general, But ultimately Tennessee still has boosters and hierarchy that will not see all this controversy the same.

In the meantime, its quite a theatrical spectacle, at least from the peanut gallery.

When you stir the pot as often as Kiffin does it is pretty much guaranteed that one day you will speak before you think.... I do not know if that is what he did or not, but if it was, I just wish he would speak up and admit it and go on... O well

Or he could do as Tidal Wave suggested about Saban and simply say that at the time he spoke about it he had full belief that this was not an incident but later discovered that it was
:D

Citation is a arrest without physically taking them to jail. He will still have to report, get fingerprinted, etc

Either way, who cares? The kid got caught stealing. End of story

I don't think that this is the case. Often with a citation, the person is cited and released at the seen. Its not an arrest, so given actually didn't lie to anyone.

Due to "cited" vs "arrested" thingy, it looks like CLK is going to get by on this with no worse than a bit of inconclusive "fluttering" on the lie detector graph.

Interestingly enough...you started the thread.

What people don't know about this is that this smells of gang activity. Kiffin is most likely being initiated by intentionally lying to the media. Trust me, I know about gangs.

From GoVolsXtra:

"Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin emphasized Wednesday morning that defensive back Nyshier Oliver was not arrested in his first public comments since news broke Tuesday afternoon that the freshman was cited for theft by shoplifting hours before the team played Memphis on Nov. 7.
Kiffin said Oliver, who has not played and will redshirt this season, was disciplined internally. He wasn't allowed to dress for the Memphis game.
Kiffin made his comments during a radio interview on The Sports Animal.
When asked last Thursday about the arrests of three other players in an alleged attempted armed robbery, Kiffin said, "We made it 11 months and 11 days without any incidents."
Oliver was cited at Dillard's department store in West Town Mall when an officer observed him trying to conceal a polo shirt, according to a police report obtained by the News Sentinel..."

I wish he would be more careful about his comments, however, I am still on the Lane Train.

What people don't know about this is that this smells of gang activity. Kiffin is most likely being initiated by intentionally lying to the media. Trust me, I know about gangs.

in-ur-yardz-starten-a-gang.jpg

Thanks Tusk and Tidal and all you other Bama posters, Being Bama fans does give you a unique insight on lying and liars since your coach is a big one ( See the Dolphins). the only advice i can give is the one about not throwing stones in your glass house. Thanks Again, come back often.

A citation for theft is not the same as an arrest. I've tried to explain that today to bama fans at my office, but they keep sending me that lsufreek thing.

A misdemeanor citation is issued in lieu of physical arrest based on the belief that the person will appear in court. There are examples where a person, otherwise eligible, could be arrested for the same offense NO is accused of. An example would be something like at the time of the incident NO did not have any identification on his person (could not identify himself to the satisfaction of the arresting officer), or if the officer believed that the offense was likely to continue, or if the arrestee refused to sign the citation agreeing to appear in court.

NO was arrested.

If you have 100 kids to look after, there will always be "incidents". Most are handled internally and they move on. I think people are splitting the hairs here. Kiffin had not had an incident like the "Nuke, Edwards, Johnson arrests" that is splattered on every sports news medium in the country. Kids are going to do things. Suspensions and/or disciplinary action are almost a weekly thing for every program across the country. Kiffin misspoke probably, but was he intentionally lying or concealing something? I don't think so. The guy is responsible for lots of kids and has a few other things on his mind at any point in time. Give him a break. The kid grabbed a polo shirt. Not right, but I don't think he will be flown to NYC and tried with the terrorist or anything. If the kid didn't get arrested and put in jail, then it was probably not a huge thought continually on Kiffin's mind.:ermm:

From GoVolsXtra:

"Kiffin said Oliver, who has not played and will redshirt this season, was disciplined internally. He wasn't allowed to dress for the Memphis game."

So the internal discipline for theft is to tell a guy that is redshirting that he can't dress for the game. Oooouuuuch. That had to hurt. And I thought Urban Meyer was a tough disciplinarian. :)

So the internal discipline for theft is to tell a guy that is redshirting that he can't dress for the game. Oooouuuuch. That had to hurt. And I thought Urban Meyer was a tough disciplinarian. :)

What would you have done?

What would you have done?

Castration...it's the only option.:)

Seriously, given the timing, I wouldn't have even let him go to the game. I would have told him that since he chose to put himself before the team just hours before the game, that I couldn't trust him to be around his team mates at such a critical time. I'd tell him that he's working out with the scout team until he's worked hard enough and stayed out of trouble long enough to earn his way back to working out with the team. I would do this to both teach him a lesson, and to learn how he handles the pressure, since he's already made dumb mistakes under little pressure. I'd also tell him that I love him and that when he wants to come talk to me about it, my office door is open to him.

But that's just me.

If he wants the spotlight, he needs to be prepared for this type of .... I like him so far, but sometimes I scratch my head. If you going to spout 11month and 11 days 30 freaking times, make sure you got the facts right. Pretty simple stuff.
He does tend to speak before his brain catches up to his mouth sometimes. Really needs to get a handle on this to avoid future problems.

VN Store

Back