Herb Kirkstreit

hate to say it but ut might want to recruit like VaTech, find good players that will stay till senior years to finish their years. might want to think about red shirting more kids and give them something to look foward to and feel pride in

hate to say it but ut might want to recruit like VaTech, find good players that will stay till senior years to finish their years. might want to think about red shirting more kids and give them something to look foward to and feel pride in

UT hasn't had a large problem with players jumping ship. I think Va Tech has been helped a lot playing first in the Big East and then in the ACC. They have always had really disciplined players which has helped Beamer, and then Vick, but Va Tech has never been awesome, just solidly consistent. That's why we don't see the VT players going early.

UT hasn't had a large problem with players jumping ship. I think Va Tech has been helped a lot playing first in the Big East and then in the ACC. They have always had really disciplined players which has helped Beamer, and then Vick, but Va Tech has never been awesome, just solidly consistent. That's why we don't see the VT players going early.

good point, however they always seem to play as a team and not player by player. when talking about ut's d. it is always this linebacker, this d. end and not a team concept.

I personally thought it started in '99 with Jamal Lewis. I think the problem is still there, just not as bad as it used to be.

It did start in '99, the year after UT won the National Championship. It was more than just Lewis, but he was one of them. That attitude carried over for several years, but I don't think that's the problem now.

Also, it's well known Fowler hates UT and will dig at us whenever he can. I've met him personally, been behind the scenes at GameDay when he was intensely rooting against UT. In fact, most of the GameDay crew are Big Ten and/or UF fans, at least from what I've viewed in person.

Some you guys actually think players come to UT to get a college education. They come here to major in NFL, and I have have no problem with that.

The folks who say Jamal Lewis half-assed it his Jr. year for the NFL need to get over it. He had a major knee injury the year before and didn't want to possibly throw away millions of dollars. Sounds like a financial genius to me.

VN Store

Back