Hendon Hooker status? ***UPDATE - Torn ACL***

Lady_Vol

Does anyone know how Hendon Hooker is doing?

I know this loss hurts, but I care about this kid and remember what happened with Tony Robinson.

Hooker is a young man who has done a lot to rebuild this program and given VOL fans some incredible memories and I hope he will have a big future ahead.

Won't know until later today or tomorrow....assuming Heupel will share it.

He won’t play again for us, that’s a given. And it happened so late in the year he won’t be able to do the NFL combine or anything. This is pretty devastating for him, and one of the good things about NIL. He’s got some money, and a nice policy against injury to draw income from.

He’s gone for the year more than likely. I hate it for him he has brought so much positive attention to the program and engineered some big wins and brought us back to being relevant and seems like a great kid. He will always be a UT football legend in my eyes for the wins over Florida and Bama.

Last edited:
By the looks of it, definitely out this week vs Vandy, and who knows for bowl game. May as well go ahead and set the tone for Milton next year and que up Vandy...will set us up for wonderful off season threads...depending on how he does vs Vandy, w/ likely no middle ground...Get those Frosh/redshirt Frosh ready, or we're ready to go w/ Milton. Good opportunity this week for him. If we keep progressing, Hooker will be our Taj Boyd and what he did for Clemson...the guy who set us on an upwards trajectory, and even though no playoffs and likely no Heisman, Vol Nation owes him our gratitude for the person and player he is for the Vols.

Does anyone know how Hendon Hooker is doing?

I know this loss hurts, but I care about this kid and remember what happened with Tony Robinson.

Hooker is a young man who has done a lot to rebuild this program and given VOL fans some incredible memories and I hope he will have a big future ahead.

One of the prognosticators said it looked like an ACL tear - I would tend to agree. He would need surgery and will likely be good as new in 3-4 months.

Reactions: Hopeful Vol
If we keep progressing, Hooker will be our Taj Boyd and what he did for Clemson...the guy who set us on an upwards trajectory, and even though no playoffs and likely no Heisman, Vol Nation owes him our gratitude for the person and player he is for the Vols.

The funny thing about your reference to Taj Boyd is that Boyd was coming to Tennessee until Lane Kiffin, in his infinite wisdom, said Boyd didn’t “fit our system”. And the rest is history…

Best of luck to Hooker and thanks to Hooker for what he has done!!

Just a weird injury and how he went down....Were we running a option there?

Reactions: volfeeva
He won’t play again for us, that’s a given. And it happened so late in the year he won’t be able to do the NFL combine or anything. This is pretty devastating for him, and one of the good things about NIL. He’s got some money, and a nice policy against injury to draw income from.

You don't know that. No one knows anything about his injury at this time.

Why In the hell was there so much sand on their field? It looked the the rubber pellets from turf fields flying around everywhere.
Does anybody know what kind of weather South Carolina's last home game was played in? It would be interesting to know. There was a Twitter rumor this week about Georgia letting their grass grow above regulation length for our game with them and it makes me wonder if there's a chance USCjr sabotaged that field and covered it with sand on purpose.

Reactions: Memvol44
Does anybody know what kind of weather South Carolina's last home game was played in? It would be interesting to know. There was a Twitter rumor this week about Georgia letting their grass grow above regulation length for our game with them and it makes me wonder if there's a chance USCjr sabotaged that field and covered it with sand on purpose.
Weather was fine. Field did look strange though. What length cleats were they wearing??

Reactions: GBOx2

VN Store

Back